Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 Empty
PostSubject: Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11   Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 am

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 474588 Well it is now down to the final three and on the results show we will find out who is the 5 million dollar winner of this season. I must say I think all the remaining contestants are worthy to some degree and this is indeed going to be a close vote I think.

Our show is opening with comments from the contestants on what this means to them and vowing to do their best on tonight's show. To the song "O Fortuna" a welcome goes out to Steve Jones who in turn welcomes us, the judges and the final three contestants.

As on American Idol we see crowds who have gathered for our final three in their hometowns. The crowds are massive as we see the high school of Josh Krajcik in Wooster, Ohio, Santa Cruz, California for Chris Rene and the biggest crowd of all the church of Melanie Amaro in Sunrise, Florida.

The judges give a comment as well; L.A. Reid feels great for all of them. Nicole Scherzinger loves and supports them. Paula Abdul thinks they are all unique in their genre. And finally Simon believes this will be a close vote.

Several times during the commercial break we will be seeing our contestants in repeat performances as the Pepsi commercial music is played. Now for the performances:

lol! Josh Krajcik performs his first song which is "Uninvited" originally by Alanis Morrisette. The backdrop of the stage looks amazing however Josh seems a little timid in the beginning of this number because low and behold he is joined by Alanis herself for a duet of this song. He finally gets in gear and the song goes well. I do love Josh's voice but in reality I feel he was over-shadowed a bit by Alanis on this number and Simon sort of mentions this as well. L.A. thinks Josh is for real and liked the pairing. Paula likes how Josh kept his identity during the number. Simon thinks the performance was an 8 out of 10. Nicole is proud as punch and loves Josh's giving and wonderful spirit. Back in Ohio, Josh's grandma speaks about how great he was. I might say here that I felt there was too much yelling by the audience in the studio and in the contestants hometowns so alot of times we could not hear what was being said. My grade: B+

Chris Rene is who in his eighth month of being clean and sober is performing the song "Complicated" with none other than the original singer Avril Lavigne. This was an entertaining number however it is apparent that Chris is not the best singer of the final three. He does well and shows lots of personality. I did think Avril sounded a bit off-key in the beginning and seemed to be yelling the lyrics at the end. Unusual for her. The judges loved it however as they give them a standing ovation. Nicole does say it was a little shakey in the beginning but Chris came out on top by the end. Paula loves Chris's energy, connection and his feel good performance. Simon likes his joy and confidence once the song kicked in. L.A. thinks he brought it home. Back in Santa Cruz we hear from a neighbor and see a huge cake that was baked in Chris's honor. On it is the word "Believe". My grade: B

I felt this was the best pairing of the night as Melanie Amaro and R Kelly perform the song "I Believe I Can Fly". Loved the backdrop on the stage. Melanie too however was a bit off in the beginning but the song certainly took flight as they got it together. L.A. mentions that Melanie was over-shadowed by R. Kelly but feels this is an important song. Nicole on the other hand thinks Melanie soared. Paula wanted more emotion but does think Melanie was fairly good. Simon calls Melanie's performance an incredible start. Back in Florida the church bishop speaks. My grade: B+

Next we see a performance by Cir Du Soleil performing the Michael Jackson song "They Don't Care About Us". This group is currently on the "Immortal Tour" which is featuring the music of Michael. In the backgroud we see scenes of Michael himself performing as on stage it is robot-type dancers plus our three contestants performing this number. It was pretty good and I am sure that tour is well worth seeing.

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 683635 Lots of comments from the contestants and their moms before each contestant sings a final song. Josh goes acoustic with guitar in hand to the Etta James song "At Last". I loved the singing but could have done without the guitar. He does totally make the song his own however and I liked it alot. L.A. agrees and feels Josh looks like a rockstar. Paula likes the fact that he is authentic. Simon feels the song was all about Josh and does mention it will be a tough choice tonight. Nicole feels Josh was just being himself and delivered. Back home the mayor and best friend Josh yell a few words of congrats. My grade:A

Chris Rene is so thankful to be here and opts to perform his original song "Young Homie". He does his connection with the audience and the song itself is done fairly well however I just was not blown away like the first time he did it. I do believe that Chris will have a career. Nicole thinks he is serving his purpose to be on this show. Paula is really excited by Chris's performance and practically tells everyone to vote for him. Simon adds that was a 5 million dollar song for sure (frankly I do not think that). L.A. feels he poured himself into this number. Back in Santa Cruz we hear two friends plus the mayor yell some words. My grade: B+

So much white background plus Melanie herself in a white outfit and she belts out the song "Listen" from the Dreamgirls movie. I liked the cute pictures they showed of her before she sang however during this actual song I felt she appeared to be yelling alot of the lyrics. It was overall a good performance but again I was not blown away. L.A. calls this a 50 million dollar performance (huh?). Nicole also felt the connection. Paula says it was a stellar performance. Simon feels by this performance that Melanie should win the competition. I'm sorry but I think Melanie has performed better in other shows but I do know I would buy her music as she is such a powerhouse singer. Back in Florida we hear more praise from the mayor. My grade: B+

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 396952 This is going to be a close vote I think and I wish all lots of success in their careers regardless of who wins. For me personally I want Josh Krajcik to win as I feel he has been the most diverse on the show and let's face it this might be his last chance at success since he is over thirty. The other two are also dynamic but do have the youth to make a good life for themselves and I am fairly sure they will get contracts as well.

I must now wrap this up and will be back later with the results. Have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11   Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Have to agree...this finale was to be a nail biter because all three contestants are very good in their own right. Josh did look a bit nervous in the beginning of his song but pulled it out in the end. To be honest, I could not hear much of Chris's song. Heard more of Avril. But after all was said and done I thought of Melanie as the one to beat. She was simple amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Finale - Part 1 - 12/21/11
Page 1 of 1