Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12 Empty
PostSubject: Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12   Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:36 am

Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12 474588 Wow seems hard to believe that American Idol has survived so many seasons and yet it is still popular even after 10 years. Our show of course is showing some of the past seasons scenes and winners of the season. Last year Scotty McCreery took the title and it appears his career is really going great. Most of the focus however was on season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson who has had great success in her career since her "idol" days.

Now we begin season 11 with the usual mob of contestants which totals about 10,000 in our first city which is Savannah, Georgia. Rather than go step by step as I usually do I will just put the contestants in either the good or bad columns. One shout-out however goes to Shaun Kraisman who looked like he could easily step into Ryan Seacrest's job with ease as we saw in the brief scenes with him tonight.

The judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are ready to go so let's get started. Side note: I was glad these three were back as the judges.

THE GOOD (Well maybe)

David Leathers Jr. is 17. He actually was in a contest at one point in his young life with Scotty McCreery. Not sure who actually won that contest as the answers were so vague. However David can indeed sing and sounded very much like Michael Jackson. He may have a chance I think.

16 year old Gabi Carrubba is a tap dancer as well as a singer. She has a sweet voice but not sure she will handle the pressure of Hollywood.

Only caught the first name of Brianna who just sounded okay to my ears.

Neco Starr does the song "Grenade" and has potential I think.

Molly Hunt was okay I guess.

Elise Testone sounded bad to my ears but the judges put her through.

Shannon Magrane has a famous dad who years ago was in the World Series. She does the song "Something's Got A Hold On Me" and is one of my potentials.

Amy Brumfield lives in a tent and I mean literally. She sings "Superwoman" by Alicia Keys. Not bad but not sure she has that x-factor.

Stephanie Renee is a nervous girl and I think Hollywood will destroy her.

Last year both Schyler and Colton Dixon tried out. Schyler did not go far but brother Colton did make it almost. This round Colton is only there for support for his sister however turns out the judges want both to go to Hollywood and they get the gold. I do think Colton has more potential than his young sister but time will tell I guess.

Lauren Mink has potential as she sings "Country Strong". I liked how she enjoys her job working with so many disabled people.

Day 2 brings us "joy hopping" Ashley Altise who is already on my nerve. Her "Come Together" by The Beatles was just okay in my book.

W.T. (sorry missed the last name) has a pregnant wife but wants to try for his dream of singing. I doubt he will go far in Hollywood.

Both Steven and Randy put through NBA cheerleader Brittany Kerr who is pretty but frankly I was with Jennifer on her no vote.

The real star of the day in my opinion is Phillip Phillips (yep that is his real name). He does a unique version of "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder that captured my interest. However I became a real believer when with guitar in hand he performs "Thriller" by Michael Jackson.

THE BAD

So many scenes were shown of bad singers and of course the crying as these hopefuls lost their chance.

Some who actually got to sing were Jessica Whitely, Joshua Chavis and Erica Nowak who I think was there more for the hug and pinch on the butt she got with Steven Tyler. Many scenes were shown with the woman who just love Steven.

Mawnena (again missed the last name) loves country music and tries to sing a Rascal Flatts song. He is from another country and his accent is quite strong. It is a no across the board however he is given the opportunity to go around Savannah and try to get some supporters of his singing. Four little girls and one old guy come back with him to beg for a chance for this guy from the judges but it is still a no and with good reason, he is awful.

Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12 322546 So 42 actually got the gold on this trip to Savannah. Tomorrow night finds us in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. While I see many potentials I have to once again say my favorite of the night was Phillip Phillips. Will he survive the rigors of Hollywood, who knows. Be back tomorrow with the Pittsburgh auditions. Until then take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12   Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 pm

I told myself I wasn't going to pick any favorites during the audition process because I always end up with a lot of them. And I pretty much stuck to that until Phillip Phillips auditioned. If thing keep going the way they are during these auditions we could possibily end up with another season like season five and season eight. Filled with talent and some amazing performances.

LOL...I loved it that Ryan accompanied Mawnena around looking for someone to get support from. Ryan is such a sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Season 11 Begins - 1/18/12
Page 1 of 1