Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12 Empty
PostSubject: Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12   Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 am

Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12 757280 Hi there! Well tonight's show was full of drama, repeat scenes, illness and above all nervous contestants. 42 groups comprised the 185 people left. Several tried to fix the problems they had the night before while others seemed to have it together however the nerves were showing.

First up was "The Bettys". Lots of scenes were shown with this group from the night before. Now they hit the stage with the song "Hit Em Up Style" by Blu Cantrell. Only two seemed to shine somewhat (Jennifer and Cari). The others appeared off-key. Now it was do or die as the judges only send through to the next round the ones they think have that important "it" factor. Jennifer and Cari go through as the rest of the three remaining girls are eliminated. Sorry I could not get their names fast enough.

Managed to get these names as Jen Hirsh, Reed Grimm, Nick Boddington, Creighton Fraker and Aaron Marculles compose the group known as "Grusauce" (at least I think that is the name of the group). Their rendition of "Hold On, I'm Coming" was done quite well and earned the group a standing ovation from the judges. They go on to the next round.

6,7,9 has Brielle Von Hugel, Kyle Crews, Joshua Ledei, Shannon Magrane and Amber (missed the last name). They also do the song "Hit Em Up Style". It was not bad but did not blow me away. All but Kyle are sent to the next round. I have to add I thought Brielle's mom was a bit two-faced with her comments from the night before and then after Kyle was eliminated. Sadly I think Brielle may be as bitchy as her mom.

The "Make You Believers" group held Jacquie Cera, Amy Brumfield, Dustin Cudiff and Mathanen Treco. Remember Amy had the flu the night before and seems Jacquie now has it as she falls down making her way into the auditorium. She does manage to finally get on stage with her group. They attempt to sing "More Than A Feeling" however everyone except Mathanen forgets the words. Only Mathanen advances to the next round.

We now see scenes of several who have forgotten the words and are eliminated. Sorry could not get the names fast enough.

"Those Girls and That Guy" have Christian Lopez, Alisha Bernhardt, Samantha Novacek and two other members. Alisha was focused on alot trying to find a group and the fact she wanted them to sing "Stuck Like Glue". Sadly the song came off pretty awful and all were sent home. I think Christian should have made it as he was sick the night before but sounded fairly good during this number.

Drama was the name of the game on the next group known as "451". Imani Henby faints on the way into the auditorium which causes some delay for her teammates Bryce Garcia, Johnny Keyser and Kristi Krause. Imani finally does make it on the stage but towards the end of the song faints again but manages to wake up in time for the results. Sadly Bryce forgot the words which was sad as once he got it together he did sound good. Kristi sings pretty off-key and only Johnny Keyser manages to keep his composure during the number. He is the only one who goes on as the others are sent home.

"Hollywood 5" contain Ariel, Eben, Gabi Carubba, David Leathers Jr. and Jeremy Rosado. They do well with the song "Mercy" and all make it to the next rounds.

Some who did not get another shot at fame are Reese Clockner, Symone Black and W.T.

"M.I.T" have Heejun Han, Jairon, Phil Phillips and big mouth Richie Law (the cowboy). We hear alot from Richie before they perform. This guy thinks he knows it all and frankly I was not happy that he goes on to the next rounds. What made it even worse is that Heejun feels he has to apologize to Richie for what he has said about him during the group rehearsals. I felt Heejun was right on point. Anyhow I was glad the rest of the group advanced.

Others who advanced on group rounds was Erika Van Pelt, Adam Brock, Hallie Day and Elise Testone.

Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12 683635 Group rounds are over and the next day will have each of the remaining 98 singing solo to hopefully move on to the next phaze of the competition. I liked how Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler performed with some of the contestants for the sound check before the solos started.

Joshua Ledei performs first to the song "Who Do You Think You Are" and his good performance earns him a standing ovation from the judges.

Colton Dixon plays the piano and sings "What About Now". I thought it was just okay overall. I am also wondering if his sister is still here.

I truly liked Phil Phillips playing guitar and singing "Someone Like You".

Jen Hirsh sings "Georgia" and frankly I thought she was sort of pitchy but the judges liked her enough for another standing ovation from them.

Creighton Fraker shined for me personally with his bluesy tone to the song "What A Wonderful World". The judges gave him a standing ovation as well.

Jairon and two other girls sing but I think they were not so good and frankly I do not think the judges were impressed either.

Shannon Magrane sings "What A Wonderful World" also. She seemed to have a rough start to my ears but it got better as it went on. The judges liked it however as another standing ovation from them.

Reed Grimm planned to sing acapella however at the last minute found out he was not allowed to do this. He only has 30 minutes to get a song together with the band. Lots of scenes were shown with him and the vocal coach Peisha plus Michael Orland. Reed is feeling maybe this is not the right thing for him and talks to his mom who gives him the confidence to finally get up on stage. Once he does he plays the drums and gives a good rendition to the song "Georgia". I liked it.

Skylar Laine has caught the "bug" and ends up going to the hospital. She does make it back in time to sing "The Way You Lie". Steven loves it. For me it was okay.

Rachelle Lamb goofs up at first on the song "The House That Built Me" and has to start over again. It was just okay for me.

I'm loving Adam Brock who also sings "Georgia". I swear he seems like a combination of Danny Gokey and Casey Abrams as he performs. After he sings he talks about the hankie his granddad had which is his good luck charm. He feels it got better since Steven had wiped his brow with that very hankie.

Now comes the grueling wait in one of four rooms as the contestants wait to see if they made it past the solos. Room one holds among others Creighton Fraker, Hallie Day, Adam Brock, Joshua Ledei and Lauren Gray. They are moving on.

Room 2 holds Phil Phillips, Skylar Laine, Reed Grimm and others. They too are moving on.

Room 3 has Rachelle Lamb and Madison Shanley having an argument before the judges come in to let them know it is over for them.

Room 4 holds Bailey Brown, Brittnee Kellogg and Heejun Han plus others who are lucky enough to move on as well. I was not happy that Richie Law was in this room as I wanted this arrogant kid to go home.

lol! On tomorrow's show the remaining contestants will be going to Las Vegas to once again form an act before the final decisions are made on who will be part of the top 36 (at least I think that is how many will be in the voting rounds).

I must now wrap this up so take care until next time.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12   Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm

OMG, so much freakin' drama and illness going on this season. So wanted to change the channel. And I did a couple of times but came back to see if any of my picks were sent packing.
So far from what I can see everyone I liked in the auditions made it. Plus I saw a couple of others I may like. Gads, I'll be glad when this part is over and we can get to the actual singing competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Contestant Elimination From Groups - 2/15/12
Page 1 of 1