Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 Empty
PostSubject: Vegas Bound - 2/16/12   Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 am

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 57823 Hello all. Tonight's episode left me happy and sad. I am happy I got to see some wonderful talent sing some wonderful songs but I am also not thrilled with some of the judges decisions on who should stay and who should go.

Our 70 remaining contestants were bussed to Las Vegas for another round at the Aria Hotel. This time they had to form groups of three or four and the songs they would sing were assigned to them. Several vocal coaches were shown which included Michael Orland, Andy Street, tough Peggi Blu and Peisha McPhee (mom of Katharine). The formed groups performed their numbers on the Viva Elvis Stage in the Aria Hotel. It was great hearing some of the songs taken from the 50's and 60's era. Now for the performances:

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 683635 First up is the ensemble of Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine, Chase Likens and Cari Q. (sorry did not get the full spelling of the last name). They sing "Dedicated To The One I Love" originally by The Shirelles. Overall I thought it was nicely done however Cari Q. is the first cut for tonight while the rest of the group move on.

Gabi Carubba, Jeremy Rosado, Ariel Spragre and David Leathers Jr. are next with the song "Rockin Robin" by The Jackson 5. I thought each did well with this number and all advance.

"Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis is sung by Adam Brock, Erika Van Pelt, Angie Ziederman and Shelby Tweten. I liked how Adam played the piano and felt both Erika and Shelby did well with the singing as did Adam. Angie was not so good I think but at the moment each is advancing.

I just could not think of the song that Schyler Dixon, Brielle Von Hugel and Molly Hunt sang however I thought they did well. Sadly Molly is cut from the competition at this point.

Others bite the dust as well which include Wayne Wilson, Ashley Robles, Tina Torres, Stephanie P., Ambrie and Jan. Sorry Ryan said the names so fast could not get all of the last names.

Our next group do a jazzy version to the song "The Night Has A Thousand Eyes" originally by Bobby Vee. The group has Reed Grimm, Haley Johnson, Elise Testone, Eben Franckewitz (loved his solo) and Ashlee. All move on after the judges give them a standing ovation.

The only small group consists of Richie Law (the cowboy) and Jermaine Jones. They sing "Make It Easy On Yourself" originally by The Walker Brothers. Even though I do not like Richie I thought both he and Jermaine did a nice job with this number. So did the judges.

Hallie Day, Baylie Brown and Chelsea Sorrell also move on. We really did not get a chance to hear their song except for a few bars from each.

I honestly did not like the next number done by Jessica Sanchez, Candace Glover and Deandre Brackenstick. The song was "It Doesn't Matter Anymore" by Buddy Holly. Each moves on at the moment but for me personally Candace was the only standout.

Now day 2 of the Vegas round is dawning and we will hear the last ten groups. Once they are done then more cuts will follow as the day one performers are pitted against the day two performers.

Sorry again missed the last names of the next group. The four guys known as Clayton, Adam Lee, Curtis and Scott perform the song "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis Presley. None of these guys could hold a candle I think to our loveable Taylor. It was just okay for me overall with all advancing except Curtis.

"Burning Love" by Elvis is sang by four people but only the two guys are showcased. Their names are Caleb Johnson and Joshua Sanders. We really did not get to hear the other two but all four advance.

Another Elvis song called "Blue Suede Shoes" is next. Joshua Ledei and Shannon Magrane make it to the next round with Curtis Finch and Amber going home. For me it was just okay.

The group known as The Neopolitians which include Courtney Williams, Britnee Kellogg and Jessica Phillips sing "You Keep Me Hanging On" by The Supremes. I totally did not agree with the judges to send Jessica home at this point and she does not take the news well. I personally thought Courtney was the worst of the group but she and Britnee are safe for now.

Again I feel the judges make a big mistake with the next group who sing "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" by The Shirelles. They keep Wendy Taylor and Lauren Gray but send Mathenee Treco home. I honestly felt Lauren was awful on this number.

The Flamingos classic "I Only Have Eyes For You" is sung by Neco Starr, Jairon Jackson, Phil Phillips and Heejun Han. It was pretty good with Neco and Phil being the best of the four in my opinion. They are safe.

I love the Brian Hyland song "Sealed With A Kiss". It is sung by Jen Hirsh, Creighton Fraker, Nick Boddington and Aaron Marculles. I was not wild about this arrangement but felt Creighton was the stand-out of the group. Sadly Nick is cut at this point with the rest moving on.

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 412302 Now more are cut. They include Gabi Carubba, Schyler Dixon, Angie Ziederman, Candace Glover, Jairon Jackson, Johnny Keyser (surprise here) and Britnee Kellogg who is crying big time about the news.

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 833804 We are now down to 42 contestants and next week they get one more solo shot to make it to the top 24. I guess they are not going with the top 36 this year. At this point I am liking Adam Brock, Phil Phillips, Heejun Han, Eben Franckewitz, Jermaine Jones and Neco Starr for the guys. I so far have not decided who I like of the girls with the exception of Wendy Taylor who we heard for the first time tonight.

That's a wrap for this week so have a good week all until next time.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Bound - 2/16/12   Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm

The cowboy drives me crazy, just so you know. With that out of the way, here's what I thought of last night.

I was thrilled to hear some amazing music from all of the contestants last night. My favorites were Rockin' Robin, Great Balls of Fire and Blue Suede Shoes.
From what I can tell, all but one of my favorites so far survived the cuts. (Johnny K. was sent packing) Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 857532
At the same time I found a few new favorites. It will be interesting to see how all fair next week.
I apologize for not remembering all the names. I didn't write anything down. Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 241342
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Bound - 2/16/12   Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 pm

No problem Deni because as you can see I am missing several names myself. The show moves so fast and sometimes I can not even read my own writing. I was not happy Johnny Keyser got sent home at all as he was one of my favorites also.

I feel like some of the contestants are kind of being pimped by the judges because no matter how bad they sound, the judges keep them. I hope they will be more fair next week.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Bound - 2/16/12   Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Seriously! I wonder what they are thinking when they listen to those voices with their eyes shut. (thinking of Steven at this point) Can't be hearing anything good. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Bound - 2/16/12   Vegas Bound - 2/16/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegas Bound - 2/16/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: