Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Down To Seven - 4/11/12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Down To Seven - 4/11/12 Empty
PostSubject: Down To Seven - 4/11/12   Down To Seven - 4/11/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Down To Seven - 4/11/12 555837 My computer is giving me real headaches trying to post the re-cap so I am going to have to make this short and sweet if at all possible. The contestants are singing the songs dating from 2010 to present day. Akon is the mentor. Each contestants also shows us their hometowns and all the support they are getting. Here goes:

Skylar Laine - Brandon, Ms. - the song is "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You" by Kellie Pickler. It was good but not great although the judges loved it. My grade: B

Colton Dixon - Murfeesboro, Tn - the song is "Love The Way You Lie" originally by Skyler Grey. For me it was just okay but once again the judges pimp this young man. He played it like a ballad (where is the rocker dude he is suppose to be I wonder). My grade: B

Jessica Sanchez - San Diego, Ca. - the song is "Stuttering" by Jazmine Sullivan (never heard of this one). I usually like Jessica however I am getting sick of her just singing ballads. This one in particular was not too good for me personally as I could barely understand the lyrics. Once again the judges disagree with my thoughts and think she is brilliant. My grade: B-

Joshua Ledet - Westlake, La. - the song is "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars. In my opinion the best performance of the night and for once the judges agree with me. They give him a standing ovation. My grade: A+

Hollie Cavanaugh - McKinney, Tx. - the song is "Perfect" by Pink. I thought she did this very well and I loved her long note towards the end. The judges however raked her over the coals (I just don't get this at all). My grade: A

Phil Phillips - Leesburg, Ga. - the song is "Give A Little More" by Maroon 5. He totally made this his own and I really dug it the most. The judges however felt underwhelmed by this performance (huh?). My grade: A

Elise Testone - Kinnelon, S.C. - the song is "You and I" by Lady Gaga. I am not wild about this song but Elise made it her own and was fabulous in my opinion. The judges loved it as well. My grade: A+

One last note before I give my choices for bottom 3. The contestants once again sang duets. Here are the songs:

Elise and Philip do "Somebody I Used To Know" by Gotye. I never heard this song before but these two made me want to buy the record. My grade: A

Skylar and Colton do "Don't You Want To Stay" by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson. It was fairly good but I heard alot of sharp notes from Skylar during the song. Randy Jackson thought this as well. My grade: B-

Hollie, Jessica and Joshua do "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson. It was just okay for me overall with the standout being Joshua. The judges liked it. My grade: B

Down To Seven - 4/11/12 833804 My picks for the bottom 3 are Skylar, Colton and Jessica. I doubt that is how it will come down but who knows. I would dearly love to see Colton hit the road but I think the teeny-boppers will keep him in the competition.

I will try to come back later with the results show. You all take care!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Down To Seven - 4/11/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: