Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Empty
PostSubject: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 322546 Hi, have to keep this short and sweet as once again I am having problems posting my re-cap. Tonight's theme is the music of Queen who have sold over 130 million albums. We all regret the loss of Freddy Mercury in 1991 however the remaining members of the band are still keeping the music alive. After welcoming the judges, Ryan and viewing the chat that Brian May and Roger Taylor had with our idols, a medley of songs are done by the idols, Brian, Roger and the band.

The songs include "Fat-Bottom Girls", "Another One Bites The Dust", "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions". I thought our group did pretty well on this performance. One last thing before I get to the remaining performances, each contestant will sing a Queen song and also a song of their choosing. Here goes:

Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 201170 Jessica Sanchez is up first and sings "Bohemian Rhapsody". It was fairly done but really did not have the excitement that Constantine Maroulis or Kellie Pickler displayed during their seasons. The judges thought it was good but needed more rock. My grade: B

Her second choice is "Dance With My Father" originally by Luther Vandross. Again I am not blown away however the judges were. My grade: B

It is obvious the judges really favor Skylar Laine for the win as they basically say so. Her first song is "The Show Must Go On". It was good but not great in my opinion. The judges however loved it. My grade: B

I hated the second song choice and have discovered I like it better when Skylar does not sing country. The song is Jason Aldean's "Tattoos On This Town". While the judges think Skylar is fearless, they sort of missed the flair she has done in the past. My grade: B-

Joshua Ledet opts for "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". It was pretty good but of course our Tay does it better. The judges love it and give Joshua another standing ovation. My grade: B+

I really felt the passion of Joshua's second song which was "Ready For Love" by India.Arie. Again another standing ovation from the judges who call this performance spot on. My grade: A

Elise Testone sings a song I am not familiar with which is called "I Want It All". It was typically done as a rock song and I liked the rasp of her voice. For once the judges also give her kudos for this number. My grade: B+

Sadly Elise picks an obscure choice for her second number. It is called "Bold As Love" by Jimi Hendrix. While the judges liked her effort they basically thought this was not a good song choice. I agree. My grade: B-

I was surprised that Phil Phillips was singing "Fat-Bottom Girls" as it was performed in the medley the group did. He plays it straight and does fairly well. The judges were complimentary however they didn't love it. My grade: B+

Phil's second choice is "The Stone" by Dave Matthews Band. This was sort of unusual and actually I sort of liked it. I felt the dueling guitar of Phil's plus the sax and fiddle added to the performance. However the judges felt it was too artsy and a little off the wall. My grade: B+

Hollie Cavanagh is doing the 1980 song "Save Me" by Queen. It was a good vocal even though she did have an off-note towards the end. The judges basically thought it was good. My grade: B+

Her second song earns her a standing ovation from the judges. It is "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. I also thought this was very good. My grade: A

Looks like another Queen tribute will be happening on the results show. We also get music by Stefano and Katy Perry. As for my pick to go home I think either Elise or Hollie is most in danger and this is only because they have been in the bottom 3 so often. I will be back later with the results re-cap. Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, another week has come and gone. Kinda nervous the results tonight. Phillip did well but not like he has on other weeks past. I'm hoping the fan base he has created will be saving him.
Was fairly impressed with everyone except Joshua. Funny how he was one of my favorites in the beginning and now....I've lost interest in him.
Still love Skylar. IMO, she is such a cutie and can sing the phone book. Looking forward to see how she fairs tonight.

Good luck to all the contestants.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Kicking foot in sand.. I really want Phil to go home already!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:38 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Kicking foot in sand.. I really want Phil to go home already!

Nooooooooo....Phillip can't go home. He is going to be in the finale with either Skylar or Joshua. It's seriously going to come down to those three.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Oh man I dont like Josh either.... well at least we have Tay in common lol
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 pm

I liked Josh's audition but after that his voice started getting on my nerves. Got a cute personality though.

Taylor Rocks .......enough said.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 am

Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 68478 Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 664500 :tongue2: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 767307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12   Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 6 Do Queen Music - 4/25/12
Page 1 of 1