Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:54 am

Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 757280 Hello all. Our show starts out naming the hometowns of our remaining three contestants and later we will be seeing their home visits. Our message is "who will make it to the finals"? Good question I say since this season has been so un-predicatable.

After welcoming the judges and Ryan Seacrest to the stage we learn that next week the show will air on Tuesday and Wednesday and of course the show will be based at the Nokia Theatre for this special night which will crown the winner of this season. Our contestants will be performing three songs tonight; one selected by the judges, one the contestant chooses and one by mentor Jimmy Iovine. Now for the performances:

Judge Pick:

Randy Jackson has picked the song "I'd Rather Be Blind" originally by Etta James for Joshua Ledet. This was the perfect choice I think for him and he gives a very good performance to the number in my opinion. I loved the song itself and am a fan of Etta. Another standing ovation from the judges with Steven Tyler commenting how surreal Joshua's performance was. Jennifer Lopez thinks Joshua is a throwback from the old days and feels he brought down the house. Randy calls him a classic stylist and loves that he is bringing back good r&b music. Me too. My grade: A

Jessica Sanchez's number is by JLo. She picks for her the Mariah Carey song "My All". I actually had never heard this song before and frankly don't care if I do again ever. I felt Jessica sounded shaking throughout the entire number and definitely some pitchy notes in there. However the judges give her kudos for a good performance. Steven thinks people hang on her every word when she sings. Jennifer knew it was a hard song but felt she did it her way. Randy goes overboard by saying it was a perfect song and she was excellent doing it. I say rubbish! My grade: C

Phil Phillips does a song I never heard of called "Beggin" by Madcon. Steven wants him to focus on the melody which is why they chose this one. Frankly I felt the song was unusual but I liked it alot and felt Phil did a great job with it. Steven thinks Phil is the new age "boss" (Bruce Springsteen). Jennifer thought the groove was great with Randy adding Phil is in the zone and was incredible. My grade: A

Winner of round 1: Randy goes for Joshua, JLo thinks it is Phil and Steven is on the fence.

Round 2 - Contestants Choice:

Before the song each contestant's home visit is shown. Joshua's is grateful for the support him hometown is giving him and was truly touched that he sold out the arena where he lives (Westlake, La.). Judging by his visits to his church, high school, parade and arena he does have a lot of support I would say. His choice of song is "Imagine" by John Lennon. I think he made it his own and it was so beautifully done in my opinion. Steven thanks him for the God moment. Jennifer loved his control on the song and feels it was special. Randy thinks it was a stellar performance. My grade: A+

Evidently Jessica has been home-schooled and finds the trip weird since so many people turn out for her. I would say he had massive crowds wherever she went which included the Chula Vista, Ca. arena, parade, Eastlake High School and of course her performance on the U.S.S. Midway. Her pick to sing is Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing". Again I was not blown away and felt it was just okay. Steven liked it and feels she made the song greater (bull). Jennifer mentions the end note and feels it was really great. Randy felt it was a little slow at the beginning but Jessica delivered at the end. My grade: B

Phil is from Leesburg, Ga. and it seemed everywhere he was there were massive crowds starting at the airport, the pawn shop he worked at (loved that touching moment with his dad), the parade and also the concert he gives. Phil seemed quite emotional throughout this home visit. His song choice is "Disease" by Matchbox 20. He sort of makes it his own by having his usual guitar, a sax and bongos. It was good but not great in my opinion. Steven and Jennifer feel it was not a wow performance and sort of easy-going. Randy thought it was too subdued and didn't like it. Oh well! My grade: B+

Round 3 - Jimmy Iovine Pick:

I am a huge fan of Mary J. Blige so I was interested in seeing how Joshua would do with her song "No More Drama". I loved his take on the song especially the second half. Steven calls it over-the-top. Jennifer feels Joshua knows what he is doing and does it so well. Randy thinks that Joshua is an amazing singer and this was an amazing performance. My grade: A

Parts of the song Jessica sings which is "I'll Be There" by The Jackson Five sounded just like Michael Jackson singing I thought but just not done as well as Michael did. Again I found this performance just okay. Steven thinks Jessica has the perfect voice with this perfect song choice. Jennifer agrees and mentions how Jessica sounded like MJ. Randy liked it okay but did not love it. My grade: B

Phil's song is "We've Got Tonight" by Bob Seger. I honestly felt the emotion that Phil felt during this number. He goes for the melody and it is beautiful to my ears. The judges give him a standing ovation. Steven gets bleeped alot with his comments but does love Phil's passion. Jennifer said it was sweet like a lullaby. Randy calls it Phil's best performance ever. My grade: A

Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 396952 Not sure who will make the finals but I am rooting for Joshua and Phil. On the results show performances will be given by Lisa Marie Presley and Adam Lambert (his new cd is awesome!) Be back later with the results re-cap. Have a great day all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:00 pm

OK, here is my quick take on last nights performances.

*Joshua - The one I really really love the most of his three was "Imagine". If he were to continue singing this way I will certainly buy a Cd of his. IDK, just don't like the screaming stuff singers now days insist on doing. Anyway....over all Joshua was just OK for me.

*Jessica - I liked Jessica's take on the Mariah Carey song and also on the MJ one. I agreed with J-LO. I thought she sounded somewhat like Michael too. Wasn't too thrilled with Jimmy's pick for her. But it was OK. Again....overall OK but better than Joshua.

*Phillip - Loved his first song "Beggin". I just love how he puts his own spin on a song and makes it work. Awesome! I'm a fan of Matchbox 20 and enjoyed Phillips rendition but it didn't blow me away either. His third performance...OMG! In my opinion, it put him in the finale.

I agree. I think the finale will come down to Phillip and Joshua. Good luck to all three for an amazing season. It has been interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Phillip will win because he is the only WGWG left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:11 pm

OK, I'll bite. And because I have no idea what it means. What does WGWG mean?
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:23 pm

scratching head.. same boat pea?
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Seriously! I hate abbreviating words. I do it to shorten a sentence when needed but overall I would rather type it out.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:02 am

Okay you two, the WGWG means white guy with guitar. For the last four years a white guy with a guitar has won the title (David Cook, Lee DeWyze, Kris Allen and Scotty McCreery). I am reading that many on the net are sick of this happening so do not be surprised if Jessica Sanchez wins this season. Of course I will only be voting for Phil Phillips since Joshua has been voted off (not happy with this but will be getting his future cd for sure).
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:24 am

LOL...OK, so that's what it means. I really want Phillip to win but won't be surprised if Jessica does. American Idol hasn't had a girl win since Jordin Sparks won season six.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12   Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 3 - 3 Songs - 5/16/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: