Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Finale - 5/23/12

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Finale - 5/23/12 Empty
PostSubject: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:00 am

The Finale - 5/23/12 984495496 More problems posting. I could just scream my brains out when this happens. The Finale - 5/23/12 555837

Okay, I guess I am going to have problems saying all I want to say so will cover things the best I can.

Nice opening song of "Runaway Baby" by our idols of season 11.

Overall a decent job as Phil Phillips duets with John Fogarty of CCR. They do "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" and "Bad Moon Rising".

Did not care for the screaming match that Joshua Ledet and Fantasia did on the song "Take Me To The Pilot". Joshua sings so much better than this.

The idol ladies sing "Ain't Nobody", "Through The Fire" and "I'm Every Woman" (Chaka Khan joins them on the last number). Good job ladies.

Rhianna looks beautiful as she sings "Where Have You Been". Not wild about the song although I do like other music by this talented lady.

A real treat watching Skylar Laine and Reba McIntyre sing "Turn On The Radio".

Jessica Sanchez does a beautiful job on the song "I Will Always Love You" by the late Whitney Houston.

The idol guys sing "Coming to America", "Crackling Rosie" and "I'm A Believer". They then sing "Sweet Caroline" with Neil Diamond. Sadly Neil sounds like he is losing his vocal ability. This was just okay for me.

Jennifer Lopez does a great job performing "Going In" and "Follow The Leader" with two rappers whose names I did not get. I like this talented woman.

Great job by Hollie Cavanagh and Jordin Sparks who sing "You'll Never Walk Alone".

So glad the guys honored Robin Gibb who died recently. True they did not sound very good although Joshua shined on the last song "To Love Somebody". The BeeGees actually wrote every one of their 43 top 10 hits. They were one of my favorite groups.

Did not care for the other screaming match that Jessica Sanchez and Jennifer Holiday did to the song "And I'm Telling You" from Dreamgirls.

Wow, Aerosmith together again and still sounding great. Bravo Steven Tyler!

Jessica and Phil had a nice moment with the song "Up Where We Belong".

Several nice highlights during the show. They included a tribute to each judge in one form or another. Loved seeing our Taylor in the audience. What a surprise when Ace Young (season 5) proposed to Diana DeGarmo (season 3). Much happiness to both.

Something new added when both Phil's brother-in-law Ben and Jessica's friend Robert were presented with new Ford Escapes for mentoring these two. Of course both Phil and Jessica will also received Fords of their choice.

Now for the moment we have been waiting for:

Our newest American Idol is Phil Phillips. He took the news calmly however once he started singing his coronation song I think it finally sunk in that he had won as he starts crying and leaves the stage to hug his family. I was so glad he won and so look forward to his future music. Congrats also go to Jessica Sanchez as she is getting a contract as well and no doubt have a successful career.

I must now close so want to thank all for reading my posts and your comments. Have a great summer all and until next time take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Some quick notes about the finale -
PHILLIP WON!!! ..... woo hoo

* I loved Jennifer's performance way better than Rhianna's. She didn't quite seem into it, in my opinion. Jennifer, of course, looked amazing. She always sounds good.

* Phillip and Dan Fogarty was awesome. Love hearing the two of them together.

* Another favorite Idol moment for the night - Skylar and Reba. OMG, love the two of them. ..... heart

The Finale - 5/23/12 399539 I was so sorely disappointed with the way Joshua and Fantasia literly slaughtered that Elton John song. I agree Crystal, Joshua has a much better singing voice than that. He pretty much ruin any chance of me buying his music. Think he may become the next Fantasia. just saying. The Finale - 5/23/12 857532

It was so cute seeing Ace proposing to his sweetie Diane DeGamo. I too wish them every happiness.

Seeing Aerosmith again was amazing. They still know how to rock a stage. Great stuff!

Again....congratulations to Phillip Phillips, our new American Idol The Finale - 5/23/12 839840
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I am sorry about your posting problems.. wish I could help. As for Phillip well lets just say the person I voted for Did NOT win..
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:56 pm

i didn't watch or vote. and i was right the WGWG wins yet again!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks for posting ladies. I appreciate your comments. I feel many of this talented group will be getting contracts. After all the top two received 132 million votes so looks good for their future music.

It is okay Jodie. Just seems when I post too many words the site stops working for me and erases everything I wrote. Luckily I am able to get something down when I shortened my thoughts.

I think next season will probably be the last for AI as I have read they are dwindling in the ratings. I know they have a new show out with Kelly Clarkson called "duets" however it comes on the same time as my "So You Think You Can Dance" so won't be watching the new show. Besides my voting fingers are tired out at this point.

Anyway, you all take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:08 pm

I've heard the same thing about Idol's ratings. I think after 12 seasons they have pretty much worn us out. Now with shows like The Voice and Duets, IMO, it's time for American Idol to step down.
I'm with you Crystal. As much as I would like to watch this new show Duets I will be watching SYTYCD as well.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:25 am

CC one idea to try and help is maybe you can write what you want in your notepad on your computer then copy it and paste it here. That way if you loose it you dont have to keep re typing it...
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:53 am

DreamHrt wrote:
CC one idea to try and help is maybe you can write what you want in your notepad on your computer then copy it and paste it here. That way if you loose it you dont have to keep re typing it...

The Finale - 5/23/12 41826 .....great idea!
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:48 am

Thanks, I'll try it Jodie.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm

As much as I loved the idea Phillip won, I also think it would have been fun to see Jessica win. I say this because Idol hasn't had a girl win the title since Jordin Sparks in Season 6. Maybe it's all these good looking young men being thrown at us. (not that I'm complaining any) LOL ...just saying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Finale - 5/23/12   The Finale - 5/23/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Finale - 5/23/12
Page 1 of 1