Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Being Thankful - 11/21/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 Empty
PostSubject: Being Thankful - 11/21/12   Being Thankful - 11/21/12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 1863576907Hello all. Oh the emotion that was presented on stage for this night of the being "thankful" theme. Before I get to the show's performances let me wish each and everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 833804In spite of this being the holiday of thanks I do feel it is regrettable that two of the acts will be eliminated on the results show. I think it would have been wiser if the producers had let everyone slide this week as obviously the emotions were running high and two acts will certainly be bummed out to know their sob stories carried no weight with the voting public. I think the judges really had a hard time giving out negatives because of the stories we heard. I was touched by some of the stories but in reality I had to give my honest opinion of how I perceived the performances so with that being said let's move on.......

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 322546Tate Stevens has been the top vote-getter for two weeks in a row and watching his performance of "I'm Already There" by Lonestar shows why. Being thankful for his dad he gave a wonderful country vocal. His emotions did get the better of him towards the end which made him give a few off notes but overall this was good. Simon does mention the off notes but loved the song choice. Demi felt it was not his best but agreed it was pretty good. Britney Spears calls him special and touching while L.A. Reid (his mentor) feels America loves him. I think so too. My grade: B+

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 66929I think young Diamond White gave one of her better performances as she is thankful for her mom who almost died having her. In spite of the shakey start of the song "Because You Love Me" by Celine Dion most of this vocal was pretty good. The judges of course loved it as they give Diamond a standing ovation. L.A. calls this an amazing moment while Simon Cowell calls Diamond fearless and incredible. Demi Lovato is blown away and Britney chimes in with the performance was beautiful. My grade: B+

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 396952I liked the fact that Emblem3 were thankful for their youth and spiritual leaders but I was not totally blown away by their performance of "Secrets" by One Republic. It was fairly good but like L.A. I think it kind of lacked emotion. Both Britney and Demi felt it was a nice change of pace for these three guys. Simon of course loved the song choice and called his group fantastic. I can not quite agree with that statement but overall it was not bad. My grade: B

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 85971Sorry but I was not too thrilled with most of the judges comments regarding Arin Ray who sings "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias. His dedication to his brother who acted as the man of the house when Arin's real father flew the coop was touching. I really liked this vocal from young Arin in spite of a few off notes. L.A. felt the song was too big for him and was not great. Demi was as usual bored. Simon felt Arin was being trapped in the wrong songs and this one had no big moment to it. Britney of course is proud as punch with his performance. My grade: B+

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 795426Okay I totally disagreed with all of the judges on this next act. CeCe Frey appears to be so desperate on every number she performs in my opinion. Her sob story was very touching regarding her sister Kelsey who died at age 7 from cerebral palsy and sadly on Christmas Eve. However this did not make me like her performance of "The Wind Beneath My Wings". I felt it was off-key and bordered on screeching throughout most of the song. Her emotions did interfere with her finishing the song at the end. The judges however appeared to be amazed with the vocal. L.A. saw real emotion, Britney calls her amazing while Simon likes her. Demi her mentor is proud of her. I do think CeCe looked very glamourous in her attire and yes I feel her sob story will pull in votes for her however overall this was terrible in my opinion. My grade: D-

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 542948I was not too impressed with Fifth Harmony as well this week. Thanking God for their lives, family and opportunity to be on this show was nice but their cover of "I'll Stand By You" originally by The Pretenders was just so-so for me. I felt the beginning was rough and while their harmonies were fairly good the individual solos left me cold. Again the judges are complimentary. L.A calls them great (huh?). Britney thinks the song was touching and beautiful. Demi does not care for the song choice but feels the group gave a genuine performance. Simon their mentor does like the song choice and felt they were really good. My grade: C

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 79527Young Beatrice Miller is thankful for her twin adopted sisters who suffer from bad health at times. Her rendition of "Chasing Cars" by the Snow Patrol was one of her better performances I think. Sadly though Britney her mentor keeps giving songs to Beatrice that really do not show how talented she is. For once I agree with Demi Lovato who says Beatrice does not appear to be progressing in the competition and each of her performances seem like the same one week after week. L.A. however felt Beatrice was an inspiration for all young artists. Simon could tell the song meant something to young Bea while Britney called it her best vocal so far. I sort of agree here. My grade: B

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 924272What can I say but I love, love, love the voice of Vino Alan. He is thankful for the military who serve to protect our freedom which I agree with. Sadly Vino was not able to serve due to his numerous tattoes but does perform and gives his all to the troops. He receives a standing ovation from the judges for his rendition of Lee Greenwood's song "God Bless The U.S.A.". I must admit I felt proud to be an American while he sang. Each of the judges were also moved with Britney calling the performance spot on while Demi finally admits Vino is something special. Simon feels Vino is sincere with L.A. being so proud of his guy. My grade: A

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 930608Paige Thomas is another sad story. Seems her mother passed away due to a car accident on Christmas Eve. She is thankful to her adopted mom Colleen who made her feel like one of the family. I did not care for the song choice of "Everytime" by our own Britney Spears. While you could tell it was heartfelt, Paige faltered several times during the performance. She did have some good moments as mentioned by Simon. Britney was not really impressed but is kind and says she did the song beautifully. L.A. thought it was fairly good but feels Paige is in trouble this week. Even her mentor Demi thought Paige was pitchy but appreciated her emotional rendition. I agree with L.A. that Paige might be leaving this week. My grade: C-

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 664500Saving the best for last is young 13 year old Carly Rose Sonneclar. I honestly felt chills hearing Carly sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Her dedication is to her older brother who has been so supportive in every avenue of young Carly's life. Her two big notes during the performance were indeed awesome and I just find it un-real that this mature singing comes out of this young girl. Again the judges give a standing ovation. L.A. calls Carly a force of nature while Demi finds Carly amazing. Simon mentions he has heard this song many times by other people but says this was one of the best versions he had ever heard. Britney agrees with all of the other judges comments. My grade: A+

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 530611This was indeed an emotional night and as mentioned before I feel bad for those who will get the boot. In my opinion both of Demi's acts need to go based solely on their performances tonight. Sorry Paige and CeCe but have to be honest. I do however think Arin Ray may be in trouble due to his past rankings on the leaderboard.

Someone who I am not familiar with will be the guest singer on the results show. Her name is Cheryl Lloyd. I will be back with the re-cap as usual. Hope all have a wonderful gobble, gobble day.

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 957302
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Being Thankful - 11/21/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Thankful - 11/21/12   Being Thankful - 11/21/12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm

I was out of town and my daughter doesn't have cable TV. So I didn't watch this particular episode. I'll check it out on Hulu.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Being Thankful - 11/21/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: The X-Factor-
Jump to: