Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 Empty
PostSubject: Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13   Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 474588I am back to give my thoughts on this new season and I welcome any comments you want to add. Our show starts off with last season's winner Phil Phillips doing what he does best by playing the guitar and singing his song "Home" which has sold over 3 million copies. Just a note: I really like his new album.

American Idol is revelant in this music business as we are told that 200 million albums have been sold by different idols plus 371 songs hit number #1. I enjoyed seeing all the clips of different idols that have been on this show.

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 57823 Some crazy time is up next introducing our judges. The good news first: Randy Jackson has sold 100 million albums being a producer and performer. He looks good since I think he has lost some weight.

Keith Urban is a cutie who has had 14 number#1's on the charts and is a four time Grammy winner. Definitely the voice of reason for the remainder of this first night.

Nicki Minaj looking like a circus clown during these two hours of auditions has the distinction of having seven singles on the Hot 100 all at the same time. She definitely does not know how to shut her trap and those dumb face looks have to go.

Mariah Carey has been a real force in the music business with over 200 million record sales. I was kind of surprised by her attitude during the show. She seemed too much like a background judge in my opinion. Of course Nicki dominated most of the conversation.

The bad news is too much bickering was happening throughout the show and I am so hoping this does not continue.

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 322546 A new era begins with our first stop being in New York. Thousands showed up at the Lincoln Center to audition.

Our first contestant shown is Michael Buonopane who performs the song "We Will Rock You" by Queen. However he has changed the lyrics to fit the bickering of Mariah and Nicki. I actually liked how he did it. He only actually sang a few notes before he was told Hollywood was not in his future. I would have liked to hear more but oh well.

28 year old Tenna Torres once attended Camp Mariah when she was 13 years old. She has brought pictures to remind Mariah of their time together when she was there. Mariah was gracious and acted like she remembered the event. The grown-up Tenna receives four yeses after performing the Carole King song "You've Got A Friend". For me personally it was just okay and nothing special.

We briefly see two guys and a girl sing but no names were given. I think they all got tickets.

Now comes 15 year old James Bae who mostly talks a Justin Bieber song. It was terrible and the judges all agreed so no ticket for this guy. He was thrilled however that he got a kiss from Nicki Minaj (oh yuck).

The first potential contestant I see is Christina "Isabelle". Not sure why she has this odd name but have to give this girl credit as she has lost 50 pounds and is still working on getting her weight down. I thought she looked pretty good even now. She does a good job singing "Summertime" and each judge gives her a yes vote to Hollywood.

I felt for the next guy whose name is Evan Ruggiero. He has had alot of hurdles to overcome since he got bone cancer which cost him one of his legs. He has a great outlook on life for his 21 years. His choice of song is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz which did not go so well. He then opts to play the guitar and sing Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" which I thought sounded much better. Although the judges give him lots of advice they opt not to send him to Hollywood and try out next year (if there is a next year, my personal thought only).

Evidently AI did a new thing by having regular people nominate someone to try out for the show. We only see one of these nominees whose name is Jessica Kartaras who was nominated by her mom. The judges ask her to do an original song playing her guitar. Sadly it was off-key here and there. Each judge gave a no vote.

Israel born Shira Gaveilov is next and does an Amy Winehouse song called "Valerie". She was just okay for me but the judges were impressed and give her the golden ticket.

Another potential for me is Frankie Ford who is a starving artist. He earns money by singing on the train. He is adopted and thinks his adoptive mom has been a real savior for him. After a bad start he pulls it together and gives a very good version to the song "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics. I like this kid and so did the judges who are yeses across the board.

Day 2 brings kind of an odd person named Benjamin Gaisey. He is wearing a curly wig and a plastic suit. His dancing clip shows he can dance but once inside the audition room it is apparent he is not a singer. Four no's follow his performance.

Rozanna Shindelman is another strike-out after she performs "To Know Him Is To Love Him".

Country girl Sarah Restuccio works on a blueberry farm and has tons of family. She opts to sing Carrie Underwood's song "Mama's Song". It was okay but not great. Her greatness really showed when she rapped "Superbass" by Nicki Minaj. Her versatality impressed the judges who send her Hollywood.

A terrible rendition of the "Phantom of The Opera" sends 25 year old Albert Chaung home. Nicki Minaj adopts a British accent to send home the next three girls shown. This antic seems to be driving Mariah Carey crazy as well as myself. Jeesh Nicki is so ridiculous.

Hard to believe that our next girl Angela Miller has deafness in both of her ears. She does a very good version to the song "Mama Knows Best" by Jessie J. She is off to Hollywood and I look forward to seeing more from this girl.

Brett Holt claims he knows everything about American Idol and is quizzed by Ryan Seacrest before he auditions (for the 8th time). His song is "When I Fall In Love" by Nat King Cole. It is not very good and he gets four no votes.

"The Turbanator" is actually Gupreett Singh Sarin who owns 40 or 50 turbans in different colors to accent his outfits. The judges like this fact. His voice is mellow as he sings "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5. It was okay but Keith Urban feels his singing is too light for this show. However the other three judges opt to send Gupreett to Hollywood. I doubt he will be there long.

Last on tonight's show is a girl who has amazing parents who have adopted four challenged children (the youngest is adorable I think). Ashlee Felicano is so proud of her family and gets to bring them all in the audition room after performing "Put Your Records On" originally by Corinne Bailey Rae. I think she has potential and so do the judges who give four yeses.

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 833804 Final Thoughts:

Our first night has ended with 41 golden tickets given out. On Thursday's show we will be in Chicago for the audition process. It looks like Mariah and Nicki will still be bickering heavily which is sad I think. Why can't these two women act like grown-ups? Hopefully their antics will not over-shadow all the remaining contestants we will be seeing during this audition process.

Time to call this a wrap and as mentioned before I welcome your comments. Have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13   Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 pm

I was thoroughly disappointed with last nights auditions. With the exception of Sarah Restuccio no one excited me. There were a few nice voices but nothing that made me jump up and say "wow, I like this person".

Not liking Nikki (or Nickie) as a judge, by the was. I felt so sorry for Keith having to be caught in the middle of these two divas. At least Mariah has some class and knows how to keep her mouth shut. And, in my opinion, some of her comments to the contestants were spot on.

Thank goodness Randy is there to keep the peace. (sort of) And he is looking a bit slimmer this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13   Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:41 pm

To tell the truth Deni, no one wowed me. As mentioned in my re-cap I see some potentials but overall I also was kind of disappointed.

Sure hope someone comes along that totally wows me. Now if only Nicki Minaj would shut that big mouth of hers, the show itself would be better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13   Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 12 Has Arrived - 1/16/13
Page 1 of 1