Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 Empty
PostSubject: Auditions #5 - 1/30/13   Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 984495496Hey there. I am mighty upset because my cable kept going out during this audition process in San Antonio, Texas and Long Beach, California. Luckily most of the ones who got through were on youtube so I am basing my post on seeing those videos and the ones I actually got to see on television. One last note is I honestly do not know how many golden tickets were given out in either city.

Let's get to the ones that were shown, shall we?

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 322546I would say there was a whole lot of talent shown on this Wednesday night beginning with Vincent Powell who is 29 years old and a huge fan of Mariah Carey. His "Rock Me Baby" by B.B King seemed to be sung right to her. Seems Vincent did make it last season to the end of Hollywood week before he was cut. I don't remember him but in reality his singing on this night of auditions was quite good and earned him another shot at Hollywood.

Next up is a cute woman named Savannah Votion. She is a struggling single mom of a 5 year old daughter. I found her rendition of Etta James's "At Last" to be very good and so did the judges who give her the gold.

This was one of the auditions I did not hear so I am taking my notes off of the internet. Christabel Clack is happily married and mother of three. She is a worship leader and her wonderful hubby supports her musical dream. Her song on this night is "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys. Evidently the judges liked it and send her to Hollywood.

23 year old Ann Difani is our nominated contestant tonight. Her loving husband is the one who nominated her (this is a new twist this season). Her singing of the song "Stronger" by Faith Hill comes off country strong and I think the country folk will appreciate this young woman.

Victoria Acosta is a mariachi singer but opts to sing Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry". The judges are not feeling any connection with this and Randy asks her to sing some mariachi music. The judges felt more connected to this type of singing from her and send her to Hollywood. Not sure she will last long there since they don't do much of that type of singing on this show.

Papa Peachez (yep, that's his real name) is a young guy who hates doing cover songs. Boy is he in for a rude awakening. On this night, he opts to sing a bizarre original song that made no sense to me. This kid can sing but Keith Urban isn't impressed and gives a no vote. Mariah opts for a small yes but Nicki is bowled over by this guy and convinces Randy to also give a yes vote. Again I say he may not last long since most of the show is cover songs.

Sanni M'mairura (what is with these names I ask) is 16 years old. His mom is Tanzanian and his dad is from Kenyan. Sanni is full of energy and shows it by dancing before his audition. Not only can he dance but he can also sing as demonstrated by his rendition of "Who's Loving You" originally by Michael Jackson. I liked it and so did the judges who give him the gold.

Shubha Vedula makes an error by saying the song "Something's Got A Hold Of Me" is by Christina Aguilera but in reality was made famous by Etta James. However this girl can belt it out and I instantly felt like I was listening to Christina sing. She is pretty good and of course the judges are impressed as well. See you in Hollywood Shubha.

Matt Farmer is a 26 year old military guy who suffered a brain injury in Iraq while serving. The medication he took for this would make it sterile the doctors said. However they were wrong because six months after this news his wife became pregnant with their daughter Cadence. Adorable daughter Cadence who is now 3 years old comes in with her dad for his audition. He sounds great doing the song "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. Naturally the judges are impressed enough to give him his ticket.

Jesaiah Bair is a quirky 16 year old who dresses like a sea captain since this audition is on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California. Her audition is interrupted due to a fire alarm going off and evacuating everyone off the ship. Once the problem is solved she comes back to give us the song "Settle Down" by Kimbra. I liked her sexy, smokey, jazzy voice and so do the judges.

Seems 24 year old Micah Johnson went in for a routine tonsillectomy but sadly ended up with nerve damage and a speech impediment from this operation. However you could not tell there was anything wrong as his rendition of "Country Fried" by the Zac Brown Band was awesome. Isn't it amazing how someone can sing so good but still have a disability when talking. Micah is off to Hollywood and I am glad.

Rachel Hale from Arkansas is a very bubbly personality. Compared to Wynonna Judd by Keith Urban she gives us a very good version of The Impressions "People Get Ready". I am sure the country folks will love her and so do the judges who give her the gold.

Briana Oakley once tried out for the show "The Most Talented Kids In America". Sadly her peers were jealous and bullied her mercilessly. Now 16 years old she is once again trying to live her dream. Her "Up To The Mountain" originally by Patty Griffin was pretty good and she too gets the gold.

Another somewhat sob story as we meet 21 year old Matheus Fernandes. For some reason this guy just could not grow taller and now is only 4'9". Multiple doctors could not find the reason for this. He took the bullying he got in stride and feels this made him stronger. I thought it was cute how he asked the judges if there was a height limit to be on the show. Of course there isn't. This judges were very impressed with his renditon of "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. I was so glad he got four yeses to Hollywood.

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 396952So there you have it and again, sorry I do not know how many actually got the gold from tonight's show. I do know however the talent we saw was really good and am looking forward to seeing more from some of these contestants.

I would appreciate any comments you have as I wrap this up. Be back later with Thursday's auditions and hopefully my cable works. Have a good day all!
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auditions #5 - 1/30/13   Auditions #5 - 1/30/13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 am

Update: Seems Matt Farmer who claimed he was injured in Iraq was actually lying regarding his injuries and possible sterilization. He has been eliminated from the show.

I always wonder why someone would lie like this because eventually they are found out. It was a shame because Matt did have a good voice.
Back to top Go down

Auditions #5 - 1/30/13
Page 1 of 1