Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 3/28/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 3/28/13 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 3/28/13   Results - 3/28/13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Results - 3/28/13 833804Hello. Another Thursday night of results are upon us. This night happens to be the episode 450 for the show as Ryan Seacrest points out to us in his opening welcome. Of course our judges are introduced prior to Ryan making his appearance. The big question of course is who goes home which I will get to shortly.

Our top 8 are introduced by way of having them perform the Bob Seger classic "Old Time Rock & Roll". The guys sound a little weak on this song but the girls make up for it. As a total group they sound fairly good.

Time for a Ford commercial. Seems our contestants are involved in something called "The Ford Fiesta Moment". The theme this week is "Gift of Song" which has the contestants going to a school and mentoring some kids to sing the song "Home" by our own Phil Phillips. This was a cute moment for sure.

Results - 3/28/13 57823Jimmy Iovine gives his critiques for the prior night of performances. Here is his take:

Candice Glover - she is a natural gifted singer and sounded good
Janelle Arthur/Kree Harrison - Jimmy feels Nicki had it right by saying Kree out-shined Janelle (Bull, I say)
Lazaro Arbos - He did better this week
Janelle Arthur - She redeemed herself with her solo
Devin Velez - He did a very good job with his song
Candice Glover/Amber Holcomb/Angie Miller - he loved their performance of The Supreme song
Burnell Taylor - Jimmy thought he was great (wrong Jimmy)
Angie Miller - wrong song choice and performance was not very good
Amber Holcomb - She was great
Burnell Taylor/Devin Velez/Lazaro Arbos - This was definitely the wrong direction and they were terrible
Kree Harrison - Unique gift in her top register

To sum it up, Jimmy feels all three guys should be in the bottom 3 and he does get his wish as they are the bottom 3.

One last note before the actual results is Kree Harrison get a special phone call from Aretha Franklin who felt Kree was awesome singing her song.

Results - 3/28/13 902284Now for the guest performances:

Seems Colton Dixon has been having a lot of success since last season when he was on American Idol. His album was number #1 on the Gospel and Christian charts. He is currently on tour with a group called 3rd Day. I was never a big fan of his but he does okay with his song "Love Has Come For Me". Before he leaves the stage he gives Angie Miller a hug for performing one of his songs a few weeks ago.

One Republic is next and feature Katharine McPhee from season 5. Her hair looks awful and frankly I do not think she added much to the song "If I Lose Myself". One Republic sounded just great without her and I am liking the song a lot.

Keith Urban is such a cutie and does quite well with his song "Long, Hot Summer". Seems Keith will be on tour soon featuring his newest release album. Mariah Carey holds up a sign that says #1 Keith fan. Randy Jackson tells Keith he is through to Hollywood and Nicki Minaj agrees.

Results - 3/28/13 3635201530Now come the results with each of the girls being safe this week (no surprise here). Seems 26 million votes were cast and as mentioned earlier in my post the three guys are in the bottom 3. Both Burnell Taylor and Lazaro Arbos are once again safe with Devin Velez having to sing for survival. He does the song "It's Impossible" in both English and Spanish and sounds pretty good. In spite of the audience yelling to save him, Randy informs Ryan that the judges are not unanimous so Devin is a goner. I have a feeling Nicki Minaj was the hold-out of keeping him. By the surprise on Ryan's face I think he did not suspect that Devin would go home.

Results - 3/28/13 201170So another week has come and gone. Not sure what the theme is next time but I will be back with the re-cap as usual. Until then, take care my friends.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 3/28/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/28/13   Results - 3/28/13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 pm

It sucks! Of course this season is going down the same path as past ones with me. DiDi Benami and Megan Joy to name two of my less favorites. AND NOW...Burrell! He is like a reoccurring nightmare. As much as I like Lazaro, I expected him to go home instead of Devin. Yet again....America voted wrong. (my opinion of course)

It was good seeing Colton Dixon again. He sounded so good and so did Katherine McPhee. I was so happy to see her not sporting the blond look. She looks so much better with the darker hair. One Republic and Keith were amazing. I so want to see a Keith Urban concert.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 3/28/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/28/13   Results - 3/28/13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:15 pm

I doubt Burnell will win this. I would have much preferred him to go instead of Devin. Regardless they are pushing too much for a girl to win and the way it looks one will. I just hope it is the right one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Results - 3/28/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/28/13   Results - 3/28/13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 3/28/13
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: