Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 Empty
PostSubject: Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07   Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:07 am

🎶 Well, here we are again with a new week and anxiously awaiting in the Green Room are 10 bands wanting to know their fate. Dominic Bowden decked out in a gray jacket and a striped yellow shirt welcomes us and several times during the show mentiones this. First up an intro to the judges who appear to look happy and refreshed as they get ready to either critique or pump up our contestants.

🍌 This week the honor of using their music goes to Billy Joel who has had a very successful career for decades as a singer/songwriter. Recently during one of his tours he was so popular he completely sold out 20,000 seat arenas 12 straight nights in a row. Obviously, the fans can not get enough of this guy!

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 57823 One critique I have of this show is tonight the bands are only playing one cover of Billy Joel's songs. They will not perform an original as in previous weeks. My thoughts are: why do they continue to have these bands play cover songs by a single artist, why not a band since that is what is trying out. Another factor, this show is supposely looking for new music from a new band so doing the covers exclusively makes no sense. Could it be because the show was only one hour long this week? Oh well, let's find out who is saved.

Before each band plays they give us a rundown of how much the music means to them and how hard it is on their families. Also a brief rundown from some on prior dead-end jobs they have had in the past. Of course to each being on this show and the exposure is a real honor and maybe will finally pay off for their careers. lol!

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 76735 First up to be saved is Franklin Bridge who decide to give us "Big Shot" as their offering. My, oh, my the music starts out with some gusto and creativity of this classic but then Curt starts to sing and once again I get the feeling it is a real challenge for this guy as the vocals were just so-so and he forgets some of the words. How embarrassing but he covers it well. What got me is the judges do not even mention this blunder and even pump them up. Is this fixed? My grade: C-

🍺 Cliff Wagner & The Old #7 are next and frankly I like these guys alot but they change up a little as a pure country & western group instead of their usual bluegrass as they perform "You May Be Right". It sounded pure honky-tonk even though Dicko mentions it is more like the sleepy version of this song which draws lots of boos from the audience. Once again for me it was good but not great. My grade: B-

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 891965 Our full band, Denver & The Mile High Orchestra are saved with an emotional opening of how Denver's wife just had a baby 2 days ago. The baby is a real cutie and maybe that is why they picked to sing "Tell Her About It". As usual the music was awesome but this week I felt the singing was good but not great. It was not until the end of the song that Denver really charged it up and then you saw a top-knotch performance. The judges really liked it with Dicko mentioning it would be a hit. My grade: B+

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 201170 Dot, Dot, Dot are totally excited knowing they made the cut this week and frankly I was glad as last week I thought they showed so much improvement. This week they perform "Pressure" and along with the judges I think they did great. I love it when a band listens and tries to apply whatever the judges think in a good way. Great job, gang! My grade: A

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 316708 My top favorite is saved next as Six Wire performs "She's Always A Woman". They play the song pretty straight however the harmony between the singers this week is totally awesome. John gives them kudos on the harmony. Dicko mentions that this song is not about how great a woman is but Andy Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 30989 responds by saying he feels the song shows the different aspects of a woman, good and bad. Bravo! My grade: A

:nono: Tres Bien give us a sloppy version as Dicko points out of "Movin Out". I thought it sounded more like yelling from the lead singer. The music was okay but not grand and once again they show they are still in the 60's era with some corny dancing by the lead singer. They are first on my hit-list to go next week. My grade: D

:( Our next group really touches the heart. The Clark Brothers perform "She's Got A Way About Her". I could feel the tears welling up as Ashley gives us a passionate rendition of this song. The judges thoughts of competent (John), outstanding (Sheila) and fantastic(Dicko) were deserved however I was not totally blinded as halfway through the song some bum notes happened but overall I really love this group. My grade: B+

🆒 Taking the 8th spot this week is Light of Doom and for me this was the ultimate performance of the night. Boy, do they boys rock as they perform "The Stranger". Awesome both musically and vocally. Sure wish Dicko would stop acting like this group of youngsters will be great in a few years, they rock right now! My grade: A+

:eyepop: No shock here as both Rocket and The Muggs are the bands to go. Dicko describes the elimination the best by saying the reason they are going is because of death by the lead singer. Naturally both bands give the pout look because they are just not getting the fact that their leads are not good. Oh well, maybe they can get a job in a bar where the patrons are so drunk, they don't care. (Oh, that was cruel of me).

My top 3 - Light of Doom-Six Wire-Dot, Dot, Dot

Who should go - Franklin Bridge and Tres Bien

Well, that is a wrap for this week and frankly the competition will be tough from now on as each of these groups have big followings of fans so it is anyone's game.

Have a great week! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07   Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks for keeping us informed, I've never home on Friday nights to watch anymore so am glad that you do this ...
You are very good at the way you write about it.. GOOD JOB..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07   Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 pm

wietzema wrote:
Thanks for keeping us informed, I've never home on Friday nights to watch anymore so am glad that you do this ...
You are very good at the way you write about it.. GOOD JOB..

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 527840 for the posting and the compliment. Over at the site of this show through the Fox channel you can actually see the past performances if you get any time on your hands and have nothing better to do. The message boards over there are really into this show however I do get the feeling from other sites and the critics that this show may not have another year because of low ratings.

Anyhoo, I am getting a real kick out of it personally. 🍌

Until next time! ;)
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07   Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 10:26 pm

I don't think they'll have much of a choice if they don't settle the writeres strike... Oh wouldn't that be something with nothing but Reality shows on tv ha ha... You'd have American Idol themed shows coming out of the woodwork. I know right now Amazing Race is the most popular and I do watch it but like Survivor better for that kind of foremat. I think this is an interesting show and given a chance it could do well, but how well can it do with just one season? I've never understod that. Silly and what they replace these one season shows with are about worthless...
I'll check out the site for the show, thanks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07   Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Week, Another 2 Bands Gone - 11/9/07
Page 1 of 1