Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylors Blog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:47 pm

This is again from HQ, I don't see it over here yet and thought I'd bring it over If it's already here just let me know and I'll delete it ok..
ENJOY... This is from January to November 2007

Taylors Blog 600701 Taylors Blog 891965 Dancing Taylors Blog 765416 Taylors Blog 600701

Hey Soul Patrol!
November 6, 2007

Hey Soul Patrol! Sorry to everyone that it's been a little while since I've checked in. It's been a busy month for me. We had our two last shows of the year in Millersville and Choctaw, MS. Both of them were lots of fun. Saw lots of you out there that have been around the whole year. That was cool that those of you who did, traveled to come to the shows. I hope they were as good for everyone as they were for me. In MS my old band, Little Memphis Blues Orchestra, played with me for the first time since the beginning of the summer. It felt like we didn't even miss a beat. We also got to do a few of the old tunes that I don't normally get to do. Other than that, just been taking care of business and finding a little time here and there to relax and get some good rest. I'm going to be keeping you all updated more often now. So, until next time....

Just to check in...
October 3, 2007

Hey there. Just writing to you to check in and say hi. We had a good time last weekend in Bloomsburg and at the Big E. When I got to the fair, the sky looked pretty dark for most of the afternoon. But for a little while the clouds broke and there was this really cool double rainbow. I took it as a good omen for the night. It did end up raining when the show started, but it looked like everyone was having great time regardless and we chased it away halfway through the show. It was a really fun show.

We took off that night and started heading towards the Big E. The night ended up being quite the adventure. About 30 miles out of where we were going to stop, our van got a flat tire. We didn't know exactly where we were, so after 30 minutes of trying to figure it out we just decided to fix the tire ourselves. Just in case anyone is curious, you can save yourself a lot of time knowing that they keep the tools for changing the tires on a Dodge minivan between the two front seats. So we finally made it back to the hotel and got some rest.

We started heading up the next morning and stopped for lunch at this great little town in CT. I think it was called Newburg. Getting up to the Big E was kind of a pain. We got caught in some really heavy traffic getting into the fair and were happy to finally get there when we did. The crowd at the show was great and I think there were around 4000 people there. All in all, it was good to be back out even for the weekend, and it was good to see all the familiar faces in the crowd. Hopefully we will see you all in Millersville.

Happy Thursday...
September 20, 2007

Happy Thursday everyone. Hope you are all having a great week.

In case you haven't heard, last Saturday was a big day for me.

It started with me singing "Heaven Knows" with the Auburn Marching Band during the halftime show of the Auburn vs Mississippi State game. It's hard to explain what's it's like to perform in front of 80,000 people. The closest I can come is "amazing." It went great, then I had to run into the same place where Aubie gets suited up, which gave me flashbacks of when I used to dress up as the easter bunny, then shot off to the airport to catch a plane to Virginia for the show there. The show was lots of fun and everyone in the band had a great time. Huge thanks to Virginia for making us feel so welcome! Looking forward to a few more weeks of resting up then back out for the shows at the end of the month. Talk to yall soon.

Orange Beach...
September 6, 2007

I wanted to stop by and say hey to everyone and let you know about our show in Orange Beach last weekend. We had blast. There was around 4,000 people at the show and the energy was great. It was my old stomping ground and it felt like a homecoming for me. I got to see lots of old friends, and lots of family. One of my old buddies Jon Cook came out and jammed on an old protest tune we used to play back in the bars. Speaking of bars, I went out to one of the last great american roadhouses, where I used to play called the Florabama and jammed with some of my other old friends after the show. It felt like home and I appreciate them having me back and treating me so well. Look forward to seeing some of y'all this weekend at the Earth, Wind, and Fire shows!

August 29, 2007

Hey there Soul Patrol. I just wanted to thank everyone for a great weekend in the southeast. We had three shows in Florida and they were great, but it was really hot. If anyone was in Orlando, you can tell that we enjoy the shows so much more when we look out and see everyone dancing and having fun. The crowd was fun and we could tell they were having a good time and when we see that, it gives us a jolt that usually brings the show to the next level.

Me and the band have been enjoying the time off this week. Were getting ready for that last push through the end of the tour. It's going to be over soon, but we will have some cool things going on through the Headquarters, so everyone should stick around. We have some things happening soon that I think you all will like. I'll check back in soon. Talk to yall soon.

Tay Tay

Dobro . . . Found!
August 22, 2007

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know we found Dobro with some of his spots filled in. He is fine though. Thanks you guys for keeping an eye out. We had a great show tonight. We did a three song encore with a little different take on The Right Place. Thanks Myrtle Beach! If anyone is coming to the show tomorrow in Dothan, make sure you come early to see my old friends Spoonful James. They are a great band.

Taylor

Dobro, where are you?
August 20, 2007

"If it's loving that you want,
Well, it's loving you'll receive
'cause you've come to the right place, baby

Yeah, the door is always open
If you need some company
You've come to the right place, baby

Heaven knows that I can't read your mind
We can turn it around,
Darlin', one step at a time

Angel, oh angel, can't you see
That I can't live without you,
So baby won't you help me please?

When there's no one left to trust,
Well, I think that you'll agree
That you've come to the right place, baby

When you're down on your luck
Well, just look around, you'll see

Sometimes you don't know
What you've got until it's gone
Then you look around
And it was right there all along

'cause angel, angel, you've got to understand
That I don't want to be without you
Oh, won't you help me if you can?

I ain't asking for the world
I just want you to believe

When there's no one else to hold you,
Well, I'll be there yes indeed
Oh, you've come to the right place, baby

Yeah, you've come to the right place
Oh, you've come to the right place, baby
Yeah, you've come to the right place"

So, I was re-reading these lyrics, and it struck me. This is the perfect song to describe my connection with you all, the Soul Patrollers. I know that without your constant support, I would be nothing compared to where I am now. It's very important to me that all of you know how much I appreciate all of the ways that all of you support me and have brought me to where I am. It's important to me to say thank you for everything you've done, and what I can do for you is keep on making music that you hopefully will like. I think together we can bring back soul music and keep alive this movement in music that we have started together. With this song in mind, there is always a right place and it is inside all of us. The magic happens when we come together to share what that right place is. So please keep supporting me and together we will continue to make a difference. By the way, has anyone seen a black lab with spots called Dobro? He's got all his shots so don't be afraid. God Bless.

New England!!!
August 15, 2007

Hello Soul Patrol! I hope everyone is having a great week. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for a great weekend. On Friday in Rhode Island, the New England Soul Patrol passed on a amazing present to me. It was a hand-made, hand-painted stool for the stage, which was just great. As it happened, our regular stage stool went missing that day, so it couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

On Sunday in Portland, ME we got to the venue a little early and I had a chance to walk around the bay area for a little while. It was such a beautiful city with lots of cool shops and restaurants. I got to try some wonderful lobster, as well as delicious clam chowder. Honestly, I haven't had great seafood like that in a really long time.

At the show that night, it felt like the band really hit a new level. Ourselves and the audience were having an amazing time together. The audience started dancing pretty consistently about halfway through the show, and towards the end, everyone was on their feet having a blast. That's the energy we feed off of, and I think we all felt like this was one of the most fun shows of the tour so far. We took a little time during "Right Place" to goof around with the audience and we had a good laugh. I was also able to bring out the new stool and take a breather during the last verse of the song, after a little audience participation during the beginning.

I look forward to seeing the rest of our New England family of fans this weekend, and having more great times.

SOUL PATROL!!!!
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:38 pm

AWSUME! I love hearing from the soulman even if it is a little late haahaa Thanks soooo much!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 10:08 pm

I didn't know you didn't go over to HQ and will keep an eye out over there for any goodies as long as I can anyway. It does help now and again ....
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:15 am

🆒 How cool that you posted all these wonderful blogs from our soul man. Really enjoyed reading them and thank you so much!

Exclamation
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:08 pm

Hey, I heard he made an audio blog. Any chance anyone could let me hear it?
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:32 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Hey, I heard he made an audio blog. Any chance anyone could let me hear it?

I will see what I can Jodi, I seen it was there but not sure how to do this, Can I just copy and paste it like the others?? It's on the home page so you might be able to listen to it without being a member but let me give a try ok..
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:39 pm

I tried to copy and paste it and also tried to email it but the little radio thingy won't come through, any suggetions?? I'll run back over and tell you want he says ok.. be right back ha..
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Ok I'm back again

He says to Thank You to everyone for renewing their HQ site membership and that there is going to be some cool contests with great prizes, great give aways and he will be adding to his blog every now and again,
Happy Holidays to everyone and he has some cool GIGS coming in December and will be gearing up for the record tour in the spring and not to forget the DVD..

Talk to every one again soon.

Taylor

SURE sound's like he's got a plan huh?? I can not wait to see what the GIGs are next month.. If you can think of a way I can get this voice over here let me know ok.. Oh and also, I could ask Gyspee why they won't let you in if you want me to, just say the word..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taylors Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylors Blog   Taylors Blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylors Blog
Page 1 of 1