Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

I just love this book

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

I just love this book Empty
PostSubject: I just love this book   I just love this book Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:53 am

I just love reading this book. It's called More Stories from the Heart. Here is one of my favortie short stories:

The Mender

He had built for himself a great house on one of the Caribbean islands. It is a thing to behold. Tall rusty iron columns, collected and resurrected with an ingenious homemade device. This Great House is a masterpiece of salvaged materials.

A collector and seller of scrap metal as well as antiques, he wa also fascinated with broken bits and pieces of china dug froml his front yard. His friends, John and June Cash, laughingly remarked it was the first time they had heard of a yard sale where the man had sold the yard itself. Carefully he fitted and glued the pieces together. Few ever came out whole. They remained simply a colletion of one who cared.

When I expressed interest, he handed me a blue-and-white plate, carefully glued together--missing pieces.

"You remind me of God," I said. By the look on his face, I knew I shocked him, and I hurriedly explained.

"God pieces back broken lives lovingly. Sometimes a piece is irretrievalbly lost. But still He gathers what He can and restores us."

written by Ruth Graham Bell I just love this book 322546

Last edited by on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I just love this book   I just love this book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 am

That's lovely.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: I just love this book   I just love this book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 am

Wonderful! Thanks for shareing!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I just love this book   I just love this book Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:09 am

This story reminded me of my own life. It hits close to home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just love this book   I just love this book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just love this book
Page 1 of 1