Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

My Greasey recap

Go down 
+2
browneyes
naynaystay71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Sorry, I don't have pics yet too much to do, and not enough hours in the day.

My recap-Grease & Meeting Taylor
Ok now that I have recovered from complete exhaustion & life is getting back to semi normal here’s my recap. I’m not going to bore anyone with details of the trip from Iowa to Chicago, that’s already been covered. So I’ll just get to the point of this crazy adventure in the first place….seeing “Grease” & our Teen Angel….Mr. Taylor Hicks.
I have been a fan of the movie version of “Grease” for as long as I can remember. I know all the music and can recite various dialogs from memory. So I was pleasantly surprised how much the stage production differs for the movie. All the songs I know and love were there just in different spots in the production. The T-Birds and Pink Ladies in the cast was absolutely wonderful. The standouts vocally in my opinion were Sandy and Rizzo.
When Taylor’s part came halfway through the second, we find Frenchy pondering what to do after just dropping out of beauty school. Overhead is a giant ice cream cone topped with chocolate sauce. It opens and our Teen Angel appears, crooning the opening lines…”Your story sad to tell….”I’m sitting between Denise and Shari, who teasingly grabs my arm shaking it, “There he is, there he is .” I felt the biggest smile on my face, I replied, “He’s just so sparkly.” I was grinning like an idiot the whole performance. He came out of the ice cream cone giving the crowd a little butt wiggle. My favorite part was when he was on the far left side and “fixed” his hair while Frenchy slowly approached him giving him a little “booty bump.” He gave Frenchy a once over and she pointed to her behind and made a sizzling sound to indicate “that’s hot”, which was very sexy. Before his exit back into rock-n-roll heaven Frenchy cuddles up next to him rubs his open shirt and coo’s, “I vooted for you.”, getting a huge amount of claps & cheers. Back in the ice cream cone, he got out his harmonica bluesing the number up before his grand ascend
into heaven. Taylor later returned for the curtain call to sing, “Grease is the Word” and “Handjive” with the rest of the cast. Overall the was great and Taylor was his awesome self. The audience loved him whether you were a Taylor fan or not. I even heard some people behind me commenting on how good he was and that he should have had a bigger roll. YES!!!!, I thought to myself let’s Taylorize them one at a time.
Then it was off to the meet & greet after a quick bathroom break one of Taylor’s security reps took us to meet Taylor. I’ll be the first to admit the butterflies in my stomach were very busy. We waited for maybe five minutes, but it seemed longer than Taylor came in behind a guy that I assume was a bodyguard. He was wearing a gray sweater, jeans, black boots, his new trademark: blue & gray scarf . Pictures do not do him justice, he is very handsome. I think he was a bit taken back by the size of our group since then were 9 of us, but he was still very polite and soft spoken. I waited patiently to approach him. I had brought 3 things for him to sign: my 2009 KOPS calendar, my “Heart Full of Soul” book, and a picture I took of him at a concert in Council Bluff in June ‘07. When I got to him I gave him my book to sign first and he did. I went to hand him my calendar and picture, but he needed a silver sharpie, so one of the security went to get him one. In the meantime, we took group and individual pictures. It came my turn and the person doing the pictures used Connie’s camera by mistake. I told his which one was mine and he took another picture. So I have two pictures with Taylor! Taylor his arm around me and his hand on my back. My brain screamed OH MY GOD YOUR STANDING NEXT TO TAYLOR HICKS AND HE IS TOUCHING YOU!!!!!!. He leaned into me and he was so warm. When Taylor had the silver sharpie in hand I had him sign my calendar on the October page, I told him we shared the same birthday month, he asked if I was a Libra, I said I was, he replied “That’s cool.” I gave him the picture to sign. He wanted to know where it came from. I said that I had taken it at a concert in Council Bluffs, IA in June ‘07. He said he remembered that show. I told him it was one of my favorites from that show and I had not posted anywhere, because I wanted him to sign it. He signed with my name to it which really meant a lot to me cause he asked my name.
Hope you enjoyed my little recap. My first impression of Taylor from this meet & greet is that he true gentleman. He seems to really want to be in touch with his fans and is grateful to be able to entertain people. My respect for him is beyond words. My time with him was brief but I valued every second. Thank you Taylor for the time you take with your fans, and for just being you.
Back to top Go down
browneyes

browneyes

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-24

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 am

Thanks Renee for a great recap. The first time meeting him is so special. And you thought you would never meet him. My Greasey recap 322546
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:24 pm

I didnt think I ever would either! I honestly thought, I would be the only forum owner that Tay never knew about. Thanks to all of you who made our dreams possable!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
cmas

cmas

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-30

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:33 pm

What an awesome recap! I'm happy that you got to meet Taylor, he is such a great guy!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Now, how did I miss your recap, Nay? I'm so sorry! Anyway, let me just say that I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself, and I look forward to spending time with you again, Tay or no Tay. You have always impressed me as being a real class act, and I am very honoured to call you friend and still honoured to be able to share this memory with you.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't know how you missed my recap tyg...geeez. oh btw, off topic. I was talking to my sister earlier, she bought the Grease dvd and was watching it with my niece and you know what my niece said....brace your self....She said to my sister, "Mom this is like 'High School Musical' ". My sister said she thought, "Yeah but at least these people can act." The kid also said her fav character was Frenchy.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Frenchy has always been my favourite too, though they usually cast me as Rizzo whenever I played in the play. Having no desire to see HSM in any form, I'll take your niece's word for it.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:21 pm

remember this is a persective of an 8 yr old...hehe
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:20 am

My 7 year old loves Taylor, though. And she's not realy into HSM or Hannah Montana. SpongeBob, however......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:26 am

Renee, I finally got the chance to read your recap. It's beautiful. I especially loved the part where we thought of Taylor being so sparkly. hehehe Great job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

My Greasey recap Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Greasey recap   My Greasey recap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Greasey recap
Page 1 of 1