Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Mug shot? Yes, indeed.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Empty
PostSubject: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. DSC00223

Ok, I've been wanting to do this for a long time and didn't have any pictures to share. Well, now I do so here is goes....
I was born Marion Denise Hill on Wednesday, September 3, 1955 in Riverside Hospital, Newport News, Virginia. I grew up a military brat. My father was an airman in the U.S. Air Force. We did alot of traveling while I was growing up. Some of the countries I've been to are Libya, Japan, Taiwan, England and Korea. (That's why I was so excited to hear Taylor went to Asia. Been there, done it.) LOL
When my dad got orders to move to Tucson Arizona my mother decided we weren't going to do anymore moving. She was done. Not me! I still, to this day, have the itch to travel around. So in August 1969 we settled ourselves into life in Arizona
I graduated from Santa Rita High School June 7, 1973. Later attended Pima Community College where I got my first "real" taste of being an artist. I took design and color classes plus a business class (just in case).

SOME SAMPLES OF MY ART WORK NOW. I LOVE DRAWING CARTOON CHARACTERS.

Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. DSC00209

Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. DSC00205
The Evolution of DeniB. What I would look like as a cartoon character.

Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. DSC00203
This one actually ended up on a tee shirt thanks to Tammy Krebs. Bless her heart.

Also studied Interior Design, something that has always been on the back of my mind as an alternitive. I never graduated from Pima because I ended up getting married. Hind sight being what it is, wish I'd never done that.
I married Darrell Barlow December 2, 1978 much to the irritation of my mother. Why did we have to pick a date so close to Christmas? Unfortunately it was the only "vacation" time Darrell could get so he took it.
Our wedding was a small family affair with some close friends added to the mix. It was trully one of the most fun days of my life at the time.
During our 17 year marriage we had four children: Jennifer Sara, Kathrine Charlotte, John Douglas (named after both his grandfathers) and Rebecca Stacy. Little did I know that towards the end of that 17 year marriage all hell would break loose and the "real" Darrell Barlow would immerge.
In June of 1995, I sent my two oldest daughters to girls camp for two weeks. Because the group was so large the church split the group up and Jennifer went first. Later Kathrine left and while she was gone I got some of the most devastating news anyone could ever recieve. While Kathrine was at girls camp for her two weeks my oldest daughter Jennifer drop the biggest bomb in my lap. She told me that Kathrine had confided in her that their dad was sexually molesting Kathrine and that it had been going on for about a year or so. I was so shocked by the news I cried when I got home. I do remember asking Jennifer why I wasn't told about this sooner. Jennifer said they weren't sure I would believe them. I hugged her and cried some more.

Well, I'll stop here for now. This is turning into a book plus I need to eat something before I pass out. More later. Adios!

Last edited by Hrt~n~Soul on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 pm

What a complete boob! What is with guys who think that girls - any girl, all girls - are just there for the taking? And bless your daughter for standing up, and you for protecting her as best you could.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 pm

denib, what a Bio, Thanks for telling us all that, OMG I can not imagine what I'd have done in your place when finding out that kind of news, Well I do and lets put it this way the LAW would have been the least of my husbands worries. That is so sick... MEN,

Oh I love knowing all about you guys good or bad, it seems to make all this real and not just any run of the mill message board. Thanks again for the insight into your live.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:34 pm

There's more to this story. It has an interesting twist.

I was so inspired by you posting your family pictures W. I posted some as well. So head on over and take a look.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey Deni!
I know you have told me this before. However, I cant help but feel pissed, disgusted and sad all at once every time I hear it...
HUGS
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:19 pm

There's a weird twist to this story, let me tell you. I'll post it tomorrow. If I do it tonite I'll be up until 3 a.m. Can't handle that. LOL
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 am

I'll be looking for the next installment.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm

I'll work on it tomorrow. Right now it's all about the birthday boy. Eric turns seven today. Yay!!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 am

OK gang, here's the next installment:

Well, after agonizing over the situation I was in I called my mom-in-law and cried on her shoulders. I felt so alone. I was in a new town (we had just recently moved to Casa Grande, Arizona so Darrell wouldn't have to travel so far to workl) No friends, no one to turn too. She suggested I go to my church and talked to them. (which I did) They sent me to Phoenix so I could talk it out with a counselor. He told me what I pretty much already knew. I had to make the call and report the abuse.

After it was all said and done, I did confront him about it. He didn't deny it. Darrell confessed to me that he had been doing bad things and we began making arrangements for him to move out of the house. The police came and questioned me. Darrell took it better than I thought he would. He knew what the punishment was going to be and he stepped up, took the punishment and didn't complain one bit. I was amazed! It didn't change the way I felt (utter depression). But later on it made it easier to forgive him when he started rebuilding his relationships with the two older girls. Kathrine's acceptance of her father was extremely important to the family. She would set the stage for how their father would treat the other kids as adults. ~fingers crossed~ So far, so good. He was very lucky. He could have ended up in prison for 25 years. Instead, he got one year in jail and lifetime probation. Which meant a weekly visit from the probation office and weekly lie detector tests plus counseling. He was recently granted release from his lifetime probation by the courts after 12 years. He still has to take periodic lie detector tests. He's one of the very few men in this world who actually admited his crime and paid for it. I still don't trust him but at least I have the satisfacation of knowing he paid his dues.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 pm

You have that and the fact that the kids have some justice. I hope he is able to build a good - safe! - relatonship with the kids. For everyone's sake.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Amen to that! Now he needs to consentrate on building stronger relationships with John and Rebecca. Those relationships are very rocky at this point. Especially with John.
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I really wish tses forums would allow us to just upload pix and not have to upload at photobucket and then cop & paste here its such a pain in the a$$ lol

Here's me & mom at the Halloween Party Sat

Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. DSC00002
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Tee Hee looks like you were having fun.. hey I cant upload pics here because the site is free and when they say free it means I can afford it lol
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:36 pm

I Hear ya Jods lol I can totally afford free lol
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Hey who knows huh? Tay used to be this poor. Maybe he will understand eh??
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 pm

ohhh yeah im sure he does :).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mug shot? Yes, indeed.   Mug shot?  Yes, indeed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mug shot? Yes, indeed.
Page 1 of 1