Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Empty
PostSubject: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Today, I was going through the newspaper when I noticed an advertisement for an upcoming performance by the touring group of Grease. Besides being shocked that Grease still has a touring group, I was also somewhat astonished to see Taylor Hicks, a former American Idol winner receive top billing. Not as one of the leads or one of the secondary characters, but as Teen Angel, who Wikipedia notes is a “one-scene character.” Instead of having hits on the Billboard Hot 100, he’s travelling the country to sing “Beauty School Drop-Out.”

But Taylor Hicks isn’t alone in this phenomenon. Past winners Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Barrino have also been pushed back into the hall closet in the house of Idol history. And their stories can give us one vital lesson that should be remembered at all times:

Success is something that must be maintained.

Whether you’re determining how to market yourself to potential employers, starting out at a new job, or coming off the high of a new promotion, make sure that you have a quantifiable list of consistent achievements. Whereas former Idol contestants might fall off the pop charts, you might fall of the path of an upwards career trajectory. In a workplace environment, you should always make sure that your successes and achievements are not only measured, but are noticed.

If you are looking for work, you might have to find alternate ways to show success – through starting your own business, volunteering, blogging or refining your portfolio. If you can show that you are continuously developing your skills and are not resting on your past laurels despite your employment situation, you will become a more attractive candidate to employers.

And hopefully you’ll avoid being buried on page seven of the “Arts and Leisure” section.
http://www.brazencareerist.com/2009/10/14/what-taylor-hicks-can-teach-you-about-career-maintenance
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 pm

You have to wonder sometimes if Taylor isn't flying alittle too low under the radar traveling with Grease for sooooo long. Especially when he originally planned on solo touring about THIS TIME...THIS YEAR!!!

Be that as it may...there's a method to his madness and he'll eventually break away to give his fans what they are desparately craving. He knows what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Denise, I believe there is a method to his madness. All I can say is look out world!
Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm

What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance 833804 I honestly believe Taylor has the fortitude to keep his career alive. Granted his music sales are not the best but in reality I think he may be selling his music in other avenues that Billboard does not cover, one being on the road with Grease. I personally wish he would get back and giving concert tours especially in my home ground of Reno. Regardless of what the future holds, Taylor does have many fans who will be there for him I think.

Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:50 pm

ok to whoever wrote the article, i will talk to them only after they listen to the Distance with an open heart and open mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:02 pm

naynaystay71 wrote:
Denise, I believe there is a method to his madness. All I can say is look out world!
Taylor Rocks

I so agree Renee. Once he's done with Grease he'll light the world on fire. I have faith in that.

CC, I with you. I do wish Taylor would get back to touring too. After seeing him in B'ham last month...I want more. ~sigh~ Guess I'll have to keep being patient.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance   What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Taylor Hicks Can Teach You About Career Maintenance
Page 1 of 1