Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 am

Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 42519 Hi there. I felt tonight's show was fairly entertaining overall.

Our show starts out with repeat scenes of last week, a welcome from Steve Jones who looked quite spiffy in his suit and of course an introduction to our judges. Paula looked georgeous.

wiggle It was a real treat for our contestants who got to go to the premiere of the new movie "Jack and Jill". Several made comments how excited they were to be on the red carpet and mingle with such stars as Adam Sandler and Al Pacino among others. Lots of scenes were shown of picture-taking and comments about the stars.

:sing: Now it is time for our contestants to face the music as they perform songs from different movies.

Stacy Francis is up first and tonight's choice for her is "Queen of The Night" from the movie "The Bodyguard". She so reminded me of Tina Turner with her outfit, dance moves and a wonderful vocal. Although both L.A. and Paula did not care for the song choice they felt she delivered. Simon did not like her outfit although he called it cute. Nicole on the other hand thought she looked georgeous and shined. I agree. My grade: A

Up next is Marcus Canty who is performing the song "I'm Going Down" from the movie "Carwash". Overall he did a fair job although I did hear some pitchy notes here and there. I am surprised the judges did not mention this. Nicole and Paula think he is a star. Simon says his performance was 1000% better than last week but hates the jacket he wore. L.A. says he looks great, sounds great and has better taste in clothing than himself or Simon. My grade: B+

I absolutely hated the outfit that Drew was wearing as she sang a song from the movie "You, Me and Dupree". Frankly I did not recognize the song partially because I could not understand a word that Drew sang. I have sort of lost my interest in this young girl as to me personally each performance so far sounds same-o, same-o to my ears. L.A. called it really good, Nicole thinks Drew is a slice of heaven, Paula gave her kudos for her honest performance and Simon likes that Drew takes risks. Seems Drew also designed this outfit she wore. Yuck is all I can say. My grade: D

Leroy Bell improved this week by not singing so softly as he has in the past. Tonight his song is U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from the movie "Runaway Bride". It was a pretty good vocal although I did not get that excited feeling as he sang. Maybe if he had moved around some instead of just standing there. Both L.A. and Paula thought he got it right this week. Simon calls this his best performance by a mile. Nicole thinks he took it to church and sounded great. My grade: B+

Lakoda Rayne sounded pretty good in their solo parts however when they sang together I could hear some off-notes. Their song was a country/pop number from the movie "How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days". Sorry I did not recognize the song. L.A. stupidly says they are his favorite girl group (there are any other girl groups left). Nicole thinks they have good chemistry and Simon says they are the group he hoped for. Paula of course is very proud of them. My grade: B

I'm bored once again by young Astro Bradley. Don't get me wrong I do like some rap however to my ears Astro always sounds the same. Tonight was no exception except for the changed lyrics he wrote to the song "Lose Yourself" from the movie "8 Mile". Eminem he is not for sure. Nicole however is in awe of him. Paula thinks he is in a league of his own. Simon admires his work ethic. L.A. of course is so proud of his talent. Whatever I say. My grade: D

My top performance of the night is from Melanie Amaro as she sings "Man In The Mirror" originally by Michael Jackson and featured in the movie "This Is It". She has a sore throat but managed to belt out those big notes and sounded great to my ears. L.A. thinks she is a great singer but did not feel the song choice was special. Nicole on the other hand thought the song choice was brilliant and Melanie certainly made Michael proud. Paula calls her a remarkable singer and Simon adds "bloody fantastic". I agree. My grade: A+

The Stereo Hogzz also improved this week with their rendition of "Ain't No Other Man" originally by Christina Aguilera and in the movie "Get Smart". I loved the choreography and vocally this group sounded much better than last week. L.A. says he does not know the song (huh?) but thinks the group did great. Nicole says "bananas" which I think meant good. Simon was not thrilled with the song choice and felt they should have sang something in their genre. Paula answers this with the song fit within the theme this week. I liked it. My grade: B+

Wow, wow, wow! Finally Josh Krajcik is singing the way he should with the song "With A Little Help From My Friends" originally by Joe Cocker and featured in the movie "Across The Universe". He does make the song his own at times in the vocal but I got chills when he emulated Joe's raspy tone. L.A. calls it a really strong performance. Paula thinks he is amazing. Simon does like the song choice but feels the second half was better. Loved Nicole's comment "Simon, don't hate, just congratulate". I really loved this. My grade: A

Chris Rene is also in his element as he performs "Gangsta Paradise" from the movie "Dangerous Minds". He also changes some of the lyrics and gives a fairly good performance with his out-going stage presence. Not the best singer but I liked it overall. Nicole calls him a gift, Paula likes that he was in his own element, Simon adds "welcome back". L.A. says good job. My grade: B+

Rachel Crow is our last contestant of the night and sings a song from the movie "Cadillac Records". Sorry again I do not know the song but I have to say young Rachel can really sing. I enjoyed this alot. L.A. says wow and great. Nicole calls her amazing. Paula adds she loves her. Simon thinks she is adorable and is back in the game. I agree, she sounded fantastic. My grade: A

Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 201170 So many wonderful performances tonight and it will be hard to send someone home I think. My choice to go is either Drew or Astro however I am sure young Astro will be a hit with many. I definitely voted for my faves and hope they make it another week.

Be back with the results show tomorrow and once again I welcome your comments. Have a great day all!
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 pm

As allways a wonderful re cap my friend.
Let me first start by saying I was only impressed with LakodaRayne and Rachel Crow. LA was right they are getting to the point where it is the same old every time.
I did feel bad for Paula when she told drew her dress was yukkie and she shouldn't take wardrobe advice from Siomon. Then Simon told her that Drew desgned it.. Paula felt bad but told her she was just being honest. (hide under chair time)
Now as for LA reid's comment on The best Girl Band for LR... Simon made the comment that they were the only girl band.. LA in turn poked fun at Simon and told him to get his wheeels turning a little faster.. it was a joke LOL
All in all I am enjoying this show more and mkore as time goes on. I still would like to see a few things change. Only time would tell.. Oh and CC I am sorry but I do not like the british announcer... I thin k we need a more sexy guy on board.. Taylor anyone? He has my vote.. AGAIN
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Well Steve Jones the announcer is just so-so in my book and of course I would so love to see our Tay replace him. It appears that many who come to this site are not watching this show and frankly speaking I think they are missing some wonderful talent. I know Simon is a no-no for many but this time around I think L.A. Reid is worse and definitely partial (does the name Astro come to mind).

Regardless I am enjoying the show ever since we got down to the top 12. By the way did I mention that both Haley Scarnato and Lakisha Jones from season 6 of AI tried out for this show and were rejected. Guess their careers are not going well although I think Lakisha was a dynamite singer.

Anyhow, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 pm

There has been so much great talent on The x.. It would be hard for any past idol try out singer to have joined in Simon and Idol are a huge NO NO now... I am not looking forward to your re cap of tonights show.. I am totally bummed and ticked off at the same time poor paula
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm

I wasn't sure what to think of L A Reed when XFactor first started. Hard to believe I've found someone I dislike more than Simon. Is it just me or is Simon more of a pussy cat judging this show. He doesn't have near the nasty comments for contestants that he did on Idol.

Stacy, Leroy and Lakota Rayne were my favorites this week. It floors me that Leroy is 60 yrs old. Does not sound like it at all when he sings. And a good looking man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:53 pm

I have to agree with you Deni about L.A. I don't like him either and yeppers Simon seems so much nicer.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Seriously! Dare I say it? He's a sweet lovable pussy cat. (never thought I'd say that about Simon Cowell) LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:32 pm

my favorites of the night were Leroy Bell and Melanie Amaro. I am hoping to see these two in the top two.

my other favorites are Stacy Francis, Lakoda Rayne, and wednesday i really like Rachel Crow.

my worse is Astro, and Chris Rene. I think Drew is a pretty girl with a good voice however i find her to be sleepy. That has more to do with her style or lack of it then voice. She seems to be a one trick pony.

I don't know how i would rate the others.

I am still surprise Paula didn't put 'for sure' though the voting rounds. I think they would have gone far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree with you. I think she would have had more of a shot with 4sure then she did with SterioHoggz.. funny think is she thought sh were a sure bet... not in my book though, wonder if Paula is going a little deaf.. opps dont let the other fans here me say that
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Have to agree 100% that 4Shore should have been one of Paula's groups instead of the teenie-bopper group. What I liked about them is each one sounded great when they did solos.

By the way, good to hear from you Mae.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11   Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Night - Top 11 - 11/9/11
Page 1 of 1