Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 Empty
PostSubject: Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12   Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 338312Hi there! Tonight's show started out with way too much filler time in my opinion of past hopefuls, auditions, battle rounds repeats and our current 60 contestants giving comments as they wait to find out if they have made it to the judges homes. In the meantime, the judges deliberate and finally make their choices. I must say I was happy and sad about some of their picks. So without further chat, let me give you the lay-out of the acts who do make it plus what judge got them and of course who will help mentor each act.

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 833804 Demi Lovato with the help of Nick Jonas gets the "young adults". I was glad to see that my top faves of this group were in the mix. They consist of Jillian Jensen, Paige Thomas, Willie Jones and Jennel Garcia. Not so happy that Nick Youngerman and CeCe Frey made it also (both of these two are so conceited and unlikeable in my opinion). Demi's house is in Los Angeles, California.

Britney Spears with her mentor Will.I.Am got the "teen" acts. Some real talented kids here for sure which include Beatrice Miller, James Tanner, Carly Rose Sonneclar, Diamond White, Reed Deming and Arin Ray. I think Britney may have a tough time cutting her group down to only four for the live shows. Britney's home is in Malibu, California.

I was so hoping Simon Cowell would get the "over 25's" acts but instead he got the "groups". Still in Miami, Florida with the help of Marc Anthony these acts consist of Sister-C, Dope Crisis, Emblem3 and newly formed groups Playback, Lylas and Lyric 145. Again only three of these groups interest me while the remaining three could certainly leave now.

L.A. Reid comes off as a big brat and un-professionally slams down his phone and walks out of the room in a huff when he discovers he has the "over 25's". He continues to act un-professional when facing his acts which include Jason Brock, Daryl Black, David Correy, Tara Simon, Tate Stevens and Vino Alan by telling them flat-out he did not want them in the first place. Right away you could see the disappointment of these hopefuls. Surprisely his mentor is Justin Bieber and hopefully Justin can make these acts feel more worthy as time goes on. My biggest disappointment was that single dad Jeffrey Gutt was ousted in favor of the lesser talented Tara Simon and David Correy. L.A.'s home is in Beverly Hills, California.

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 3635201530Okay, now that the top 24 acts have been named we finally get to some of the audition process to see which four acts will move to the "live" shows and which two acts from each judge's mentoring will be cut. Starting us out is Demi Lovato's acts:

Jennel Garcia - Demi talks to her about flipping her hair so much when performing. Then Nick Jonas and Demi watch and listen as Jennel performs "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry. I honestly think Demi's chat took the spunk out of this girl as the performance was just so-so in my book. Nick likes her but Demi is not impressed that much. I might add here that none of the acts get any real feedback about their performance but we do see some comments after the act leaves from Nick and Demi.

Willie Jones - Obviously Willie wants to make up for his blunder of the battle round and chooses to sing "Nobody Knows" by Kevin Sharp again. It was much better but honestly I missed the deep tones this kid has shown in past performances. Both Nick and Demi feel it was a combination of country and R&B and feel Willie has to stick to whatever genre he plans to be doing in the future.

Jillian Jensen - Demi gives her a pep talk about her painful looking facial expressions before she performs. Jillian's choice of song is Sara Bareilles's "Gravity". I loved the performance however Demi is underwhelmed a bit. Nick on the other hand thinks Jillian shows sexiness and passion.

Nick Youngerman - This conceited kid does Ke$ha's "Tik Tok". He does have good stage presence but frankly I felt his singing voice was not that great and his rapping of the song was getting on my nerves a bit. Nick liked it but Demi could not decide if she liked it or was annoyed by it.

Paige Thomas - I have liked this girl since day one however she gives a not very good performance to the song "Turn Up The Music" by Chris Brown. Not that the vocals were awful but nerves were showing. Both Nick and Demi are unsure if she will be able to handle the pressure on the live shows.

CeCe Frey - Demi gives her a pep talk about being overly confident and this makes her sort of un-likeable. No sort of about it in my book as I honestly can not stand this girl. She does take the advice to heart and shows more of her vulnerable side as she performs "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO. I was not impressed but Demi and Nick were.

Before the top four are named in this category we move on to the next acts which take place at Simon Cowell's place in Miami, Florida. Here goes:

Playback - This group was formed by the judges at bootcamp. They consist of Austin Corini, Owen Stewart, Brandon Hasson, Johnny Maxwell and Josh Metzler. I personally liked their energetic and playful rendition of the Hall & Oates song "Rich Girl". Simon seemed to like them but Marc Anthony did not.

Emblem3 - These three stuck-up boys perform "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police. It was barely okay for me with the younger guy of this group messing up the ending a bit. Surprisely Marc liked them but Simon caught the mistake right away and hopefully he decides to send these guys home.

Sister-C - I found this group a bit annoying. Sorry I do not know what song they sang. Seemed like when they sang individually they appeared to be yelling the lyrics to my ears but in harmony they were just okay overall. Marc however on the other hand thinks they are a homerun (huh?). Simon is not sure people will vote for them.

Lyric 145 - This is another formed group which consist of two guys previously known as One4Five and solo artist Lyric Da'Queen. Basically rappers they perform the song "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus. I actually liked them. Marc did too claiming the girl is a superstar. Simon feels they were a bit sloppy but is hopeful.

Dope Crisis - Only a small amount of time was shown of this group but of what I could hear from these two guys sounded like potential. They perform Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass". Sadly both Marc and Simon feel they have met their limit and I fear they may be going home.

Lyles - Newly formed as a group are solo artists Camila Cabello, Dinah Jane Hensen, Normandi Hamilton, Ally Brooke and Lauren Jaurequi. This group of young girls sound real good as they sing "Impossible" by Shontelle. I am hoping they have a shot in the live shows which is possible I think as both Simon and Marc liked them.

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 322546So our first acts of two judges have performed and on Thursday's show we will get to see the remaining acts of the two categories "teens" and "over 25's". I am so hoping L.A. Reid starts acting like a real coach and leaves his childish side in some other place. Needless to say I look forward to the next phase of these rounds. Once all have performed I am not sure if the top four from each group will be announced but sure hope so. I will be back later with the re-cap.

Until then, take care all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12   Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Have decided beyond any doubt .... I don't like this show. Will stay with The Voice and American Idol. e

This is a small part of the reason why:
"L.A. Reid comes off as a big brat and un-professionally slams down his phone and walks out of the room in a huff when he discovers he has the "over 25's". He continues to act un-professional ...." .... Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 945178
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12   Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Well Deni, this is true that L.A. acted like a fool however I still say once the live shows begin you should watch as some of the talent is really good.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12   Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:09 pm

I'll try. It's up against some other shows I watch in the same time slot. And since I do not have any way to record, I'm stuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12   Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 24 Revealed - 10/10/12
Page 1 of 1