Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Empty
PostSubject: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:16 am

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 984495496Hello. Okay I am really getting fed up with these judges who I mostly disagreed with on this night. Sure each of the four remaining girls are talented but to show favoritism the way they did is so un-fair. I will rant more on this during the actual performances. Tonight our girls will be singing a song of their choice, plus a performance of a "one hit wonder" and a duet.

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 839840Before each girl took the stage to perform their preferred choice song we saw scenes of each visiting the Los Angeles Children's Hospital. Several wonderful moments with the contestants and the children who are patients were shown. You could tell the patients so enjoyed these visits.

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 201170Amber Holcomb is up first with her pick which is "The Power of Love" by Celine Dion. She looks beautiful and did do a fair straight performance of this song. I thought it was good but not great. However the judges who are feeling the need to pimp Amber gave her a standing ovation. Keith Urban felt this song was tailor-made for her. Nicki calls her a sexy glass of milk since the front of her outfit was white. Nicki also feels the song was made for her. Randy thinks Amber has shown the most growth in this competition saying she came in as a baby and now she is a pro. Mariah Carey feels the range was perfect and she gave the song flavor. Too overboard with the comments I think. My grade: B

Okay I am a huge Candice Glover fan. While I did not care for the song choice of Drake's "Find Your Love" I have to admit that Candice did give this ballad a torchy, jazz-infected touch. I feel this woman can sing anything. The judges however were not that nice. Nicki Minaj thinks Candice's voice is amazing however she was too old-fashion in this song which Keith agrees with. Even Randy felt it was too church-girl influenced. Mariah was the kindest by saying certain notes were where she needed to be. My grade: B+

The judges and I were again in total disagreement on the next performance. Kree Harrison is singing the song "Hurts So Bad" by Susan Tedeschi. I totally feel Kree did this song quite well and gave it a very bluesy and soulful effort. Keith feels Kree needed to show more feeling. Nicki (the idiot) says this is not top four worthy. Even Randy was not impressed and says Kree seemed disconnected with the lyrics. Mariah again trying to be nice said she thought Kree showed feelings in certain sections of the song. In my opinion, they are all full of s.... My grade: A

Again I disagree with the judges as Angie Miller takes the stage to perform the Jessie J song "Who You Are". To my ears she seemed to be struggling with the notes and in parts I felt she was yelling the lyrics. Keith was the most logical I think when he said he feels Angie needs to loosen up a bit. Nicki however thinks no one compares to Angie when she is playing the piano and singing. Randy calls it the best of the night (huh?). Mariah calls it a professional moment. This standing ovation from the judges was such bull in my opinion. My grade: B-

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 88275Now comes the duets with Amber Holcomb and Kree Harrison doing the Adele song "Rumor Has It". In my book it was just okay and totally lacked the fire that Adele has when she sings this song. I had to agree with Keith that the drummers were quite good. Both Keith and Nicki commended Amber for being the dominate force in this number while telling Kree she needs to loosen up in her performances. My grade: B-

Candice Glover and Angie Miller are paired together to perform the Rhianna song "Stay". This was definitely the better performance of the duets I think. You could tell that Candice was feeling the lyrics and even Angie gave it a good effort. Randy and Mariah felt they were on fire during this song. My grade: B+

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 396952This next performances are suppose to be one hit wonders but frankly I think they need to look up what that means.

Amber is again up first and does the song "MacArthur Park" which actually was a hit for Richard Harris but covered again successfully by Donna Summer. I found this to be on the edge of boring the way Amber sung it. The judges again feel the need to give a standing ovation. Keith feels Amber is dominating the night. Nicki calls her a blooming flower. Randy mentions how Amber hit the notes with a crystal-clear sound. Mariah thinks Amber has an inner glow which spells star quality. I forgot to mention that Jimmy Iovine was backstage giving his thoughts on each of the performances. On this particular song, he thought it was all wrong and corny. I agree. My grade: C

Another mistake of what a one hit wonder is as Candice Glover sings "Emotion". This was a big hit for both Samantha Sang and The BeeGees who actually wrote this song. I personally loved how Candice sang this. It was beautiful in my opinion. Keith calls it breezy and lovely but would have liked to hear a more updated song. Nicki says she was grooving with the song. Randy calls it a great performance. Mariah brings out the fact that Candice does have a cold but her performance was stellar. Then comes a truly un-fair moment when Ryan brings out Jimmy Iovine from backstage to argue with the judges regarding how Candice did better than Amber. Poor Candice's moment of glory was lost during this ridiculous moment. I think American Idol better get it together before they lose all their viewers over this crap. Regardless Candice was awesome in my book. My grade: A

Kree Harrison opts to sing Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale". If I remember correctly this group had other hits which I can not remember right now. Kree sounded fairly good but again I am bored with her performance. Keith feels she gave a middle ground performance. Nicki recognizes that Kree tries to put her heart and soul into her songs but does feel she will be bottom 2 this week. Randy thinks Kree redeemed herself with this number while Mariah calls it great. I just do not get these judges at all. My grade: B

Angie Miller is going way back to sing the 1955 version of "Cry Me A River" by Julie London. This song however has been covered very successfully by other artists (Ella Fitzgerald comes to mind). It was pretty but not a wow moment for me. The judges felt differently. Keith calls it mystical. Nicki feels tonight was Angie's night to shine. Randy again says this was the best of the night and uses his rant "in it to win it". Mariah felt it was classic and elegant. My grade: B

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 945178I truly do not know how the viewers will vote on this mish-mash of a night of song. Personally I think it is Kree Harrison's time to go since she just does not give any excitement to her performances in spite of the fact she can really sing. Guess we will see how it all comes down on the results show.

I will be back later with that re-cap. Have a great day all.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:44 am

I didn't get the chance to watch last Wednesday's show. Will see if I can catch it on Hulu. But from what I saw of the results show I have to agree. Kree, as much as I like her, isn't showing any star power. My bet for the finale has changed to Angie and Amber. But anything is possible at this point. Remember all the finale surprises from the past? Yeah...I think this one will follow suit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 am

Every season that i have watch they have shown favoritism. Every season that i watch they have thrown people under the bus. Since a lot of 'voters' are too lazy to think for themselves they go along with whatever the judges say. Not all of them acourse. There are and always will be those that think for themselves. I actually feel bad for a lot of contestants and how they are treated. Rather i like them or not as singers/performers i still not think they deserve the treatment they get from the judges.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:57 am

ok i just want to say one more thing. im not watching this year because i go to Bible studys on Tues and Wednes. So i look up Kree Harrison performance. I thought she did a super great job and for the life of me i don't understand why the judges didn't like her performance. I watch it twice and it makes me wonder what those judges were actually listening to. Apparently not her otherwise they wouldn't have made such dumb comments. imho.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:30 am

It's not necessarily Kree's performances that are bad. She is amazing and has an amazing voice. The problem I think the judges have with her is marketability. Can she be marketed in a business that is already saturated with young singers trying to make it? In my opinion, Angie or Amber are more marketable. Especially Amber. But like I said in my previous post. We shall see. The finale always hold a surprise for us. I mean...look what happened this past results show. No one went home. Something to do with the save card. Anyway....Waiting to see what happens next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks for the comments. Right now the only person whose music I would actually be looking forward to buying is Candice Glover. Maybe Amber depending on what the songs are. I have no interest at all in Angie Miller. I might consider getting music from Kree because I do think she is an amazing singer but boring to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13   Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 4 Girls - 4/24/13
Page 1 of 1