Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 Empty
PostSubject: And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11   And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:24 am

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 33405 Hello all and welcome to my final post of this year's season of The X-Factor.

Our show opens up with these words as we see highlights of this season:

Thousands applied

All hoping to fill a dream

Only 3 remain

They fought every step of the way

Last night they gave it their all

The votes are in

IT'S TIME TO FACE THE MUSIC!

A welcome to Steve Jones and he in turn welcomes us plus our four judges. I might add both Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger looked lovely in their formal attire.

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 93390 Here come our top 12 singing the song "Edge of Glory" by Lady GaGa. I must say they did a very good job with this number and I did enjoy it.

Comments from the judges follow with L.A. Reid remembering the wonderful memories of the season. Nicole calls them all winners. Paula was very excited to once again see her groups and calls everyone amazing. Simon basically is feeling nervous about tonight's results. Simon adds he is going to the North Pole for the holidays. (huh?)

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 683635 Seems that each of the three remaining contestans will be singing a Christmas song. I thought each of the backdrop settings for the acts was fantastic. Once the contestant sang their song, they get comments from not only the judges but well wishes from family and friends which was quite emotional for the contestants.

Melanie Amaro is up first with the song "All I Want For Christmas Is You". Once again she shows what a terrific singer she is on this number. L.A. feels she did the song justice, Nicole wants to buy her album, Paula thinks she looks georgeous and sounds good also. Simon adds what a absolute pleasure is was working with her this season.

Chris Rene puts the rap aside as he gives a fairly good performance to the song "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". One thing I think about Chris is while not the best singer he does have real charisma on stage. Nicole calls him a star inside out. Paula thinks he is the most original. Simon thinks he did a cool job and is a real inspiration to so many. L.A. calls their journey a blessing. I have to add I was touched by the scene of Ryan (Chris's son) saying he loved his dad and Ryan's mom is definitely cute. I wonder if Chris and the mother are still together as she too tells Chris she loves him.

Josh Krajcik has a killer voice in my opinion and shows this on the song "Please Come Home For Christmas". I simply can not wait to get music from this guy. L.A. talks about how hard it has been to critique Josh as he has been so good. Paula calls him a joy. Simon thinks Josh has real talent for a guy who is thirty. Nicole of course appreciates him. Me too, Nicole.

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 322546 Now comes some filler time before the big winner is announced.

Justin Bieber performs two songs. The first is "The Christmas Song" and he has helped with the fabulous Stevie Wonder. This was done fairly well but I could not help noticing that each of our final three actually have better voices than Justin who is a huge commercial success. Next Justin performs an upbeat rendition to the song "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town". He brings on Drew who is now a redhead and gives her hugs. Drew of course is thrilled (remember she sang a Justin song for her audition). Justin tries to dance with her but she is obviously kind of a klutz in this department. Regardless this was a sweet moment with a fan and her idol.

Now comes the first result of the votes and Chris Rene comes in third in this competition. He takes the news well and L.A. calls him his boy. I am so hoping Chris gets a contract in his future.

Following this elimination we get to see the top 5 most shocking events from the season:

Number 5 is auditioneer Xander Alexander who challenges Simon to a fight. Number 4 is the bad behavior that Astro Bradley exhibited when he made the bottom two however this would have been my number 1. Another lame brain act from auditioneer Dylan Lawson comes in at number 3. A family member of one of the auditioneer's comes in at number two. Seems Chad is not happy. Numero uno is the elimination of Rachel Crow who was a fan favorite from day one. Considering that Rachel is brought on stage after this and she says she is doing amazing I somehow think she may already have a contract in the works. She would also like to take over Steve Jones's job and does so briefly as she introduces Leona Lewis.

Leona who has sold over 20 million albums sings a new song called "Light Up". This girl has a beautiful voice in my opinion and I did like the song. While she sings we see lots of repeat scenes from the season. I just wish the audience could have curtailed their cheers so I could have heard Leona's song better. After she finishes singing, the judges reflect on the season and how much they have enjoyed it.

We then see the arguments that Simon and L.A. had during the season before Laker player Dennis Fisher introduces 50 Cent who has sold 22 million albums in his career. His newest number is "Wait Until Tonight" which was just so-so in my book. Obviously the lyrics are risque as he kept getting bleeped in the beginning of the number. Towards the end Astro Bradley joins 50 Cent on stage for more rap moments. I personally have no interest in purchasing any so-called music from either of these guys.

Now comes the Cry-Off moments between Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. Nicole wins this as she was so upset when Rachel Crow was voted off.

I am definitely liking the next quests who are Pitbull and Ne-Yo. Not sure of the song but think it might be called "International Love". Marcus Canty joins these two on stage towards the end of the number. I really liked this number and plan to get it. Marcus sounded amazing on this number and what can I say Ne-Yo definitely has a killer voice. Bravo you three!

We get some comments from the family members of Melanie and Josh before they perform a duet to the song "We Can Be Heroes". Both sound good and frankly speaking I really want to get music from both.

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 585964 Now comes the big result and the winner is.....Melanie Amaro. She seems to be in shock and can only say OMG several times. Simon Cowell of course is thrilled his girl won. Josh is gracious with his congrats to Melanie. Our show is ending with Melanie trying to repeat her big number of the song "Listen". It is a rough go as she finally breaks down in tears of joy. While I am glad a good singer won this contestant I am also not happy that only one won such a huge prize. I can only hope that some of the other talented contestants get contracts.

Reflecting on critics comments I have read one wonders if Melanie can be a big success with this contract as in today's music we have such weirdies like Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and others who go for the shock value which seems to be a hit with the buying public. Melanie is a powerhouse singer but in reality has displayed no real personality during this season. I hope her first debut song is a great one or she will fade in the limelight as so many idol types have done. Anyway I am looking forward to getting music from her as well as Josh (my top favorite), Chris Rene, Marcus Canty, Rachel Crow, Leroy Bell and hopefully Stacy Francis. I wish them all great success!

So now the season is over and it has been announced the X-Factor will be on again next year. Not sure I will watch again but if I do I know I probably will not vote as I hate doing it. My top favorite reality show American Idol starts in January so I will be re-capping once again but probably not until the audition period is over.

Until then, take care all and Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11   And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Congradulations to Melanie. I had the feeling she was going to be the winner. With those powerhouse vocals she made it tough for everyone despite all the talent.

I will definitely buy music from Josh Kracjcik if he records and album. Love that southern rock/soul vibe of his.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

And The Winner Is..... 12/22/11
Page 1 of 1