Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Audition #3 - 9/19/12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Audition #3 - 9/19/12 Empty
PostSubject: Audition #3 - 9/19/12   Audition #3 - 9/19/12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

Audition #3 - 9/19/12 474588 Well as usual we get past scenes of last week before we get to tonight's auditions which find us in Kansas City, Missouri. We see some of Kansas City landmarks plus the huge crowd that turned out to audition. Comments are thrown around by different contestants before we find out that Simon Cowell is sick and will not be there for this city of auditions. However a replacement will cover the auditions. Simon's friend Louis Walsh will be judging (seems he is also a producer and once was in a singing boy band). We also hear it is L.A. Reid's birthday and later we see Britney, Demi and the crew presenting L.A. with a cake and a badly sung "Happy Birthday" from Britney herself. Okay, enough of this chatty, let's get to the auditions.

lol! First up is 18 year old Rizzloe Jones who looks alot like a young Vanilla Ice clone. His genre is rap also and he performs a rap that he has made up on the spot. It was pretty good and certainly original which has the audience and the judges loving it. He goes to the next round with four yeses.

I was not wild about the next contestant as she is shown talking to several contestants and somewhat putting them down. While she is pretty, 20 year old Cece Frey knows it and her conceited attitude was a turn-off for me right away. She starts off with an off-key performance of "Unchained Melody" and after a few bars L.A. stops her and asks if she can sing another song. She is prepared and sings "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera. She was okay but I must say I was surprised the judges loved her so much especially her attitude. I know I would not vote for her for any reason but she has made it to the next rounds.

Now comes someone I know I could like in the form of 39 year old Vino Alan. He is a dad of a 15 year old and has lots of tattooes which also cover the whole top of his head. Looking at this kind of raggy-looking guy I figured he was a goner until he sang "Trouble" by Ray LaMontage. What a good voice! I loved it and so did the judges with four yeses putting him through.

Next is 22 year old DeAngelo Wallace. All the way to the stage he is knocking the judges big time. This conceited young man then starts knocking Justin Bieber and pop stars once on stage and is really annoying the judges. Finally he opts to warble Chris Brown's "With You" which is terrible and the judges leave because they find this whole thing a total mess and realize DeAngelo is not taking this seriously. He keeps right on singing with the audience throwing lots of "boos" his way. Finally he leaves the stage and has the gall to steal a $3000 microphone. Naturally the police are called and a smart-aleck DeAngelo sings how he is getting arrested but he will be out in a few hours which does turn out that way. Not sure if the show is pressing charges or not.

Okay gang, you know I honestly do not care for country music but I definitely would buy the next singer's music. His name is Tate Stevens and he is 37 years old. He sings "Anything Goes" and I am totally loving his deep country voice. The judges and audience are also impressed and he moves on. I am so glad!

Seems we are back in San Francisco, California and "mean" Simon Cowell has returned. Our first act is a group of five guys known as "Citizen". They opt to sing En Vogue's "Don't Let Go". While I feel some of the solo vocals need some work the harmony between these guys was pretty good. Simon is a definite no but the other three judges are yes votes and they make it to the next rounds.

From this moment on we see cranky Simon gives a series of no votes to the groups Harmony and Elevate. Then to Olivia Bonilla another no and then another woman who Simon compares to a melting candle. None make it through. I really felt for the next teen girl named Adriana Lemus who attempts to sing Adele's "Rumor Has It". She only gets out a few bars before the panel gives her a no (she leaves crying).

Next we see 13 year old Diamond White. She is a giggling teen who I think was going to sing another Adele song. Simon tells her not to so instead she opts for "It's A Man's World". Amazingly enough she does have a deep voice and does pretty well with the song. I was not blown away but the judges were and she moves on. I do like her cute personality however.

Next on this night of auditions we go to Austin, Texas. First up is Ally Brooke who sings "On My Knees" by Jaci Velasquez. I was not impressed at all. What was funny was she kept singing after the judges stopped the music and finally got her to stop so they could offer her their opinions. I'm dumbfounded they liked it so much and give her four yeses. We then see several young kids make it through quickly which include Brandon Hasson who sings "Trouble" (not as good as Vino Alan), Normani Hamilton doing "Chain of Fools", a pretty good girl group called Sister C who are sisters in real life (their song "Hell on Heels" by Pistol Annies) and two guys named Jeremiah & Josh who sing an original song called "Now I Start". Only Sister C and Normani Hamilton interested me at this point.

Our next contestant has a great personality. Her name is Panda Ross (yep that is her real name) and she is 42 years old. This heavy-set woman has been in the hospital for pneumonia but busts out so she can perform on the show. She loves Simon and lets us know her name was chosen by her mom who was in jail for young Panda's birth. She totally has the judges and audience enthralled with her up-beat manner and even moreso when she belts out Sam Cook's "Bring It On Home To Me". She is real good and gets four yeses. Sadly after she leaves the stage and getting a hug from Demi Lovato she has trouble breathing and an ambulance is called to take her back to the hospital. She leaves us with the remarks that she will be okay by the next rounds. Time will tell I guess.

Our last contestant of the night looked like a street-walker to me with her raggy clothing, partially dyed red and black hair and lots of make-up. She tells us of her hard life growing up but now 22 year old Jessica Espinoza is ready to show her talent. She gets a little emotional as she sings "Nobody Knows" by Pink. Surprise, the girl can sing for sure and the judges give her four yeses. Hopefully they can improve her look for the following rounds.

Audition #3 - 9/19/12 833804 Final thoughts:

I am finding some of the talent on this show pretty good and I am excited to see what comes next for them after the audition period is over. I have also been catching some of the acts that have appeared on The Voice (on youtube) and frankly I am ready to give up that show this season because most of the acts are just not that good in my opinion.

Sorry but that is how I feel. Anyhow I suggest that the nay-sayers of The X-Factor go to youtube to listen to some of the talent that has appeared on this second season. You might be surprised how good some of these acts are. Anyhow, time to call it a night. Take care all!
Back to top Go down

Audition #3 - 9/19/12
Page 1 of 1