Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 Empty
PostSubject: Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12   Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 555837 Hello. Okay tonight's show was only on an hour but seems like we saw more commercials than show. I must say I was frustrated to say the least.

Our show basically starts out with several of the contestants getting ready to go to "boot camp" which is being held in Miami, Florida. We hear lots of comments from different contestants about how excited and scared they are before we see scenes of different planes flying to Miami. Our contestants are staying at a ritzy hotel called "The Monogram". They have a day of rest and scenes are shown of them relaxing at the pool before the first rounds of boot camp.

Seems 120 acts made it to Miami and at least half are going to be cut before the day is over. Several clips are shown throughout the hour of people we are not going to see audition so I will not be mentioning who even though some of the names were thrown out there in the fast scenes. Of the ones we will see, some of the songs they sang I could not get so bear with me on that. Here goes:

lol! Diamond White is up first and gives a strong performance to the Whitney Houston classic "If I Don't Have You". You can tell the judges are impressed although no one will know who is staying or going until the end of the day.

Austin Corini does a fair job with the song "Make You Feel My Love" which came off better I think than his original audition.

Tattooed man David Correy does great with the song "Mercy".

Not sure of the song that Dinah Jane Hansen sang but I did like this girl's first audition and she still sounds pretty good.

Rapper Lyric Da Queen was just okay for me.

I am still loving Jason Brock (over 30) and Carly Rose Sonneclar (young girl) but they were shown so quickly did not get their song titles.

Jennel Garcia is only 18 years old but with alot of sex appeal and strong vocals does pretty well (again not sure of song).

Vino Alan, another over 30 gives a strong rock performance of the song "Bad Company". Loved it!

Johnny Maxwell does rap but forgets his lyrics. Others who are letting their nerves get to them are Jordyn Foley, Manny Acosta, Trevor Moran, Nick Perrelli and Jake Garza who ends up crying. All of these people are awful and I am figuring they are goners.

Now comes 4 groups; L3Vel, Citizen, Jet Set and Emblem 3. The last group gets the most screen time but I thought they all sounded pretty good with the fast clips we got to see.

Tara Simon (so stuck-up) definitely oversings or yells (take your pick) the song "Somebody To Love". I did not care for this at all.

Young Willie Jones does some more country (not sure of the song) and sounds pretty good however Britney is not caring for it. Simon on the other hand really likes it.

Now comes 2 girls who are singing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" back to back. Paige Thomas is up first and has a rough start in the lower register but her high notes in the chorus are excellent. CeCe Frey also has a rough start but again she too sounds good in the chorus. More because of personality I am liking Paige more.

Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 248559 Now our group of 120 are split into three groups. Two of the groups are going to the next round. One of the groups are done which include Jordyn Foley, Debbie Espinoza and Trevor Moran. It is with tears and sadness they leave. I liked Trevor and was sad to see him leave.

I see alot of my favorites are still in the running which include many of my over 30's plus Paige Thomas and also CeCe Frey (who I do not care for that much). I was surprised that Johnny Maxwell made it considering he forgot his lyrics.

On scenes for tomorrow it looks like they are pitting acts against each other with the same song. This might be kind of nerve-wracking because it reminds me alot of the battle rounds that The Voice uses to determined who stays and who goes. I hate that. I think we will be finding out who our top 24 are but not sure. In some of these categories especially the over 30's rough cuts are ahead I fear.

Anyhoo, be back tomorrow with the re-cap and I now bid you Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 296366 .
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12   Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks for the recaps. I didn't watch any of it. I peeked in on the debate for a minute or two. Got bored and went on line til midnight. LOL See how fun my life is? hahaha....anyway. I'm interested in the over 30 group like I was last season when I watched the show. I'll keep an eye out on them. No favorites though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Boot Camp - Round 1- 10/3/12
Page 1 of 1