Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12 Empty
PostSubject: Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12   Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 am

Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12 833804 Hello there. As I thought these particular rounds were like the battle rounds on The Voice. I was not happy with this set-up at all. However, several of the performances we saw showed good and bad of whatever pair-up there was.

We are still in Miami, Florida and our contestants do their thing at The Fillmore arena. Here goes:

Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12 3635201530 Our first pairing is over-bearing Tara Simon against sweet Jennel Garcia. Tara decides on the song "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac or Dixie Chicks (whomever you favor). Poor Jennel seemed timid in her part while Tara went overboard on her brief moments. The judges were not happy with the song choice as they regarded as too mellow. Judging by the comments once the girls left the stage I think they are done. Too bad as I really liked Jennel.

Briefly we see Johnny Maxwell but not sure what he sang or even who his partner was.

Carly Rose Sonneclar and Beatrice Miller both do quite well with Foster The People's "Pumped Up Kicks". I liked both.

David Correy is full of confidence and mentions how the judges are the roadblocks to his moving on before he teams with Vino Alan to the song "What's Goin On" by Marvin Gaye. Vino is stellar I thought while David lost it a bit. Vino thinks he has messed up big time and throws his hat down in self-disgust. I think he might have a chance to move on because the judges liked his voice but are worried about his temper.

Initally I liked the next two singers Diamond White and Dinah Jane Hensen. Their choice of song is a real slow version of the song "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson. Sadly Dinah's low registar hurt her and she did mess up on the lyrics. Diamond as usual shined in this number.

Sister C and Lauren Jaurequi are next but the clip was so fast not sure what they sang. We do however hear Britney claim that she finds Sister C annoying.

Another fast clip of Brandon Hasson and Reed Deming singing "Secrets" by One Republic. Hard to get a grip on who was better since the clip was so fast.

Julia Bullock and Ally Brooke do Bob Dylan's "Knockin On Heaven's Door". Although a brief clip I found Ally did better.

The focus of the next pairing was on Jeffrey Gutt and an unknown named partner. The song "If I Die Young". Jeffrey was not at his best and Simon thinks he has had his moment. I, personally would like to see this single dad move on to the next rounds.

The next was kind of an un-fair pairing since Tate Stevens knew the song "Nobody Knows" by Kevin Sharp. Young Willie Jenkins blew it by forgetting the words and we see alot of crying by him once the song ends. Clearly Tate was better but since both would be in different categories I am hoping Willie will still get a chance.

Here we have a duet with Arin Ray and Normandi Hamilton. The chemistry was definitely there as they perform "What Makes You Beautiful". I am wondering if once again Arin will become a group with this young lady rather than a solo performer.

How awful that Latasha Robinson who was sure she was going to be the better singer against her opponent Jillian Jensen fell apart once the singing got going. Latasha totally forgot the words and young Jillian tried to help her but to no avail. Jillian took over and did beautifully with the number "Stay" by Sugarland.

From this moment on we see many who let their nerves get to them and forgot their lyrics. Among them was Freddie Combs, Jessie Bryant, Nick Youngerman, One4Five and Jordan Shane. I felt the worst for Freddie and Jessie who I really liked in their first auditions.

Briefly we see Jason Brock and Briana Wright sing "Titanium". Could not tell who did better because of the fast clip but I am so hoping Jason is moving on.

Now comes the drama as both Paige Thomas and Cece Frey are pitted against each other (remember they both sang Whitney Houston in the first round). Cece takes over and picks "Secrets" by One Republic. Paige is not comfortable with the choice but wants to give it her best shot. Actually both girls did pretty well but overall I am still liking Paige more as is Britney who comments after they leave the stage. Jeesh, what a shame if Cece beats out Paige.

Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12 201170 Our show is now ending with scenes of the remaining 60 being cut down to the top 24. At this point we do not know who survives or what judge gets which group. I have a feeling that L.A. Reid got stuck with the groups as he looks disgusted and leaves the studio in the final scene. Other scenes we see is the other judges talking about how they intend to work with whatever acts they get. Briefly we see the mentors who help our judges which include Marc Anthony, Nick Jonas, Will.i.Am and Justin Bieber.

Well, the audition process is finally over and I look forward to the top 24 rounds ahead. Hopefully some of my favorites are in the mix. I now bid you a great week ahead. Take care all!
Back to top Go down

Boot Camp - Round 2 - 10/4/12
Page 1 of 1