Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 Empty
PostSubject: Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12   Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 am

Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 833804Hey there. It's time for our contestants to once again face the music. After welcoming our judges and hosts we find that this week the contestants will be doing songs of "the divas". Some of these themes are so lame in my opinion as naturally most will be performing the same songs we have heard before on other reality shows. One thing however this week is we do have some variety instead of the usual hits of legends Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey although for once no songs were covered from Whitney.

One last note before I get started with the performances; Khloe Kardashian needs to stop acting like she is a sex symbol as her dress was way too short for her chunky body. Okay, on with the show..........

:lol!:First up is Jennel Garcia from Demi Lovato's young adult category. Jennel is performing the song "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner. Even though Jennel showed lots of energy and looked real good in her outfit I felt this was the wrong song choice for her. I detected several off notes here and there plus I felt no excitement while she sang since her voice tones were so much lower than the terrific Tina. The judges on the other hand must have heard something different as they were full of compliments. L.A. Reid thought her performance smoked. Britney Spears says Tina would be proud while Simon calls her back in the game. Demi of course was beaming. My grade: B-

Tate Stevens of the over 25's is up next. He is still overwhelmed that he was the top vote-getter last week but this does give him confidence to perform Shania Twain's "From This Moment". Not a total wow moment for me personally but the audience, his wife (backstage) and the judges really liked it. I do feel he was singing from the heart as Britney also mentions this. Demi calls his so good while Simon feels he was better this week. L.A. is happy as a clam with his performance. My grade: B+

Britney Spears first "teen" is up next. Diamond White is opting to sing Beyonce's "Halo". I was not thrilled with this performance as the first half is kind of shaky as both L.A. and Simon mention in their critiques. The chorus was better but not much of an improvement in my book. Demi Lovato does think that Diamond is giving the rest of the contestants a run for their money while Britney feels Diamond is getting better and better. Wrong Brit! My grade: C

I am wondering if Britney is trying to kill the chances of young Beatrice Miller as she keeps giving her such draggy songs to sing each week. Don't get me wrong I do like the Cyndi Lauper song "Time After Time" but Beatrice sang it with such a dreary tone in my opinion. I thought this was terrible. Even the judges were not totally impressed. Everyone thinks Beatrice is a cutie but L.A. did not like the song choice. Demi did and felt Beatrice was soulful. Simon thought Beatrice was better than last week but overall felt the performance was boring. Britney of course thinks young Bea is incredibly special. My grade: D

I totally disagreed once again with the judges when Lyric 145 performed a combination song choice of Katy Perry's "E.T." and Queen's "We Will Rock You". Simon mentions that the group had changed their song choice at the last minute and personally I liked this. L.A. however feels they lost their way with this song and it was not that good. Britney tells Simon this group should be doing rap songs only (guess she did not realize they did rap on this song choice). Demi also agreed the song choice was not a good one however Simon defended the choice and feels this group showed alot of energy. My grade: B+

Next up is Arin Ray from Britney's teen acts. He seems to have a crush on Normandi Hamilton from the group Fifth Harmony as shown in the clip before he performs Madonna's "Crazy For You". Just a side not this song was my husband and mine song so I was hoping Arin would do it justice. I feel he made it his own but I totally did not care for the arrangement. It was just okay overall in my book. L.A. felt he struggled with the performance. Demi was just bored and felt this rendition lacked soul. Simon using one of his un-usual phrases describes it as a cat trying to eat a tiger. It just did not feel right to him. My grade: B

While Paige Thomas of the young adults showed lots of personality I was not wowed with her performance of "Last Dance" by Donna Summer. She sang too much in her lower register except for her last note. Overall it was iffy in my mind. Both L.A. and Simon did call it her best yet although Simon mentions the distraction of the background dancers. Britney feels she did good with this disco ball song. Demi thinks she nailed it and had fun with the song. My grade: B-

Again I am not wowed as Simon's group Fifth Harmony sing "Hero" by Mariah Carey. The harmony was pretty good but in some of the solos I could hear some off notes. L.A. does feel it was a bit of a struggle but overall good. Demi calls them incredible while Britney is impressed. Simon feels their are brilliant and work hard. My grade: B

Simon Cowell feels we have a star in the making as Carly Rose Sonneclar takes the stage to perform Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On". I did not care for the lower register in the beginning of the performance but Carly does show her power in the chorus. I do think this girl is a real contender for the title. L.A. agrees and feels we are looking at a winner. Britney has chills from her young teen. Demi calls her so good while Simon goes on about how her control is incredible. My grade: B

Vino Alan from the over 25's is doing the song "Let's Stay Together" which is an original by Al Green however Tina Turner covered it as well. I loved this and feel Vino has such a unique voice. Britney calls him soulful while Demi sort of liked it but uses her new phrase that she was also bored. Simon feels Vino is due for a moment with his voice but says this was not it. L.A. of course is proud of his performance. My grade: A

Last of the groups is Emblem3 who opt for "No One" by Alicia Keys. Frankly I do not like this song but did feel that the group sounded pretty good in the harmony. The lead singer is just so-so for me however. L.A. liked their blend and thought it was the perfect song for them. Britney calls them heartthrobs. Demi feels they improved this week while Simon calls them brilliant. My grade: B

Last is young adult CeCe Frey who once again shows how desperate she is by performing the song "All By Myself" by Celine Dion. She sounded off-key to my ears throughout most of the song. L.A. however thought she did well. Britney really did not like it at all. Simon calls it cabaret and thinks Demi and CeCe are mis-matched when it comes to song choices. Demi of course liked it. My grade: D

Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 201170Tonight two will be leaving the competition and my picks to go are CeCe Frey and Beatrice Miller. However I do think Arin Ray may be in trouble. We will find out tonight and I will be back with the re-cap. Until next time Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 13092
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12   Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

=(
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Top 12 Sing - 11/14/12
Page 1 of 1