Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Empty
PostSubject: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:29 pm

As I write this, many of the Soul Patrol call this an anniversary date-because it was two years ago on January 31, 2006 that Taylor's audition for American Idol was broadcast-and when a good majority of those who call themselves fans began their journey on the Soul Patrol bandwagon. For myself it was several months later-on May 9, 2006-but I would not have ever discovered his talent were it not for a cousin. Here's the story:

I had never watched American Idol though I vaguely knew of a winner from Birmingham, Alabama named Ruben Studdard. I had convinced myself that the talent and music was for "young folks". Things would have stayed that way had it not been for a cousin 9 years older than I. She lives out of town but at the time came in every Wednesday for a women's Bible study and would often drop by for a visit and bring lunch for us. This Wednesday at the first of May was no different-at least in the beginning. During the conversation on a whim she asked me if I had been watching Idol. I said no-"too young for me". She then stated that like me she had not been watching-but another family member alerted her to Taylor-and she had been watching for several weeks and liked him-and recommended him to me saying "Well, he's from Birmingham, he's 29, sings 'our' music-and he's gray headed"--WHAT? 29 and gray headed and sings old folks music--and he's apparently winning? This I gotta see!

The following Tuesday I was tuned in out of curiosity when I heard Ryan Seacrest for the first time announcing that it was "Elvis Week" on Idol. Having been an Elvis fan for many years I was now even more interested. At this point I remembered what my cousin had said the week before-and I muttered to myself a sentence which at the time was unimportant-but whose words I have eaten many times over these past two years--"Elvis Night eh? Hmmmm- OK-let's see if this young punk Taylor can sing Elvis and sing him right!!"

http://obg2.multiply.com/journal/item/8/The_Night_I_Discovered_Taylor_Hicks
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 9:40 am

Great Story, I think this speaks for a lot of now DIE HARD Taylor Hick Fans.

I had never watched with any real interest, but because of a missing TV Remote control I couldn't turn the channel and then they played the "hair" song and showed Taylor standing against the wall, looking so innocent and out of place, I first thought oh ok, he looks interesting, and then when I watched his audition that was it for me, Could not believe how good he was and I was so hooked.. And of course the remote laid right in front of me after seeing Taylor, I truly think that a higher force wanted me to see Taylor that night and because of him my live has went in a whole different direction...

The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks NTcyMjkz_medium
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:35 am

Even Elvis Presley himself look on Taylor Hicks in awe and amazement that night. Exclamation Exclamation The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks 600701 The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks 924272 clap bow The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks 839840
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:39 am

wietzema wrote:

I had never watched with any real interest, but because of a missing TV Remote control I couldn't turn the channel and then they played the "hair" song and showed Taylor standing against the wall, looking so innocent and out of place, I first thought oh ok, he looks interesting, and then when I watched his audition that was it for me, Could not believe how good he was and I was so hooked.. And of course the remote laid right in front of me after seeing Taylor, I truly think that a higher force wanted me to see Taylor that night and because of him my live has went in a whole different direction...

I know it is none of my business however one day i hope you will share the story behind that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:20 pm

I'd been watching AI since season 3 so yes...I'm addicted to the show. Anyway. When he walked into the room for his audition I said to myself 'Oh boy. I wonder what he's going to sound like' Is he even the right age?' well then he started singing and despite the fact that I thought he had some weird movements, which I attributed to someone like Joe Cocker, I was like 'WOW' Even though I had picked a few other guys to keep an eye on in the competition (Daughtry and Yamin) I knew this was a guy I had to follow. I was right. That night when he came down the long hallway to find out his fate and he came in playing the harp...I had the biggest smile on my face. I knew that even if he didn't make it I would have to find out about him and hope he would put out some music. But, he made it and I fell in love more each week. That is when I started going to the AI boards and met some great people and we'd chat every Tues and Wed night and have a blast "watching" the show together. That's also when my family believed I truly had gone insane! LOL There was never anyone who caught my attention before Season 5 or after like Taylor caught mine when he sang "I was born by the river...."

My life has never been the same since and I wouldn't change anything about the last two years especially since because of Taylor I have met so many great people. Working at home it's hard to have friends as they work and just can't do things whenever like I can. I grew apart from all my old friends and now even though all my friends are online and far away they're all probably the best friends I've had. Thank God I have an understanding hubby who likes to make fun of me and my 'other man' Taylor LOL I'm surprised he's not jealous as he and Taylor are the same age. He's realistic.

Anyway...that's my story and it's been an incredible two years and I'm sure this fun will all last for many, many years to come and I"m looking forward to every second of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:21 pm

wietzema wrote:

And....this is one of my favorite pictures of him. He's so sexy in this picture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:32 pm

mae wrote:
wietzema wrote:

I know it is none of my business however one day i hope you will share the story behind that.

Theres really not much of a story there mae, My live before Taylor was very hum drum, not very exciting at al, I had pretty much given up on listening to music because it seems it's all wild and unlistenable to me anyway. My live consisted of emailing my sisters and being with my granddaughters all the time or when possible. Which of course isn't bad, but a very boring life style to say the least. I was so upset that night that Taylor was AI the first time because like I said I wasn't a big AI fan at that point and only watched here and there nothing great I thought. That night the TV was on Fox for whatever reason and I swear to you all that those remote controlls were not there I could not find them, looking everywhere possible they were gone. So ok I seen Taylor, watched his audition and thought WOW he has to win this thing, got up went into the kitchen came back in sat back down and the remote laid right in front of me. Where they were 15 min earlier I'll never know but I honestly beleave that someone maybe my mom or dad or whom ever decided I needed my own interest and that I HAD to hear Taylor, He's brought me back to live in ways that are unexplainable. I went to the AI boards the night he won, Never having been on a message board before I lurked for about a month or better before posting the first time. I'm rather bashful and don't mingle to well, Or should I say I didn't then. It opened up a whole new world for me. I'm on the computer ALL the time or almost all the time now, I have an address book FULL of addy's, I got involved with the Soul Patrol Support Group that is so very important to me and it has some of the most wonderful ladies in it. My live is now full and it gets fuller every day and I meet more and more wonderful SP's everyday or almost. Taylor changed my live and I thank whomever hid that control from me, Oh one other thing, I was home alone that night so no one could have just put them back after seeing Taylor..

Ok sorry that got a bit long guys, didn't mean for it to
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:10 am

Long is good. Makes me think maybe I'm not the only one who writes novels when I post, lol!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:54 am

tyg you're not believe me, I can't just answer a simple question without a long reason why I answered that question in the way I did, See I'm doing it again... :) :) :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks   The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Night I "Discovered" Taylor Hicks
Page 1 of 1