Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:39 am

hello everyone! I am taking this information off of the idol-unofficial forum and posting it here regarding some of the past "idol" contestants.

Artists Addiction Records and Rocket Science, a sales and field marketing company figure there's still an audience for the American Idol finalists who were voted off in the early and middle rounds of their season.

These two companies have banded together to bring us a 4-volume series featuring 4 idol performers per CD, with each singing 3 original songs. The first volume comes out today (Feb. 5th) and features recordings by Jon Peter Lewis (Season 3), Ryan Starr (Season 1), A. J. Tabaldo (Season 6) and Stevie Scott (Season 5).

Volume 2 is tentatively scheduled for release on March 4th. This volume will spotlight Alaina Alexander and Rudy Cardenas (Season 6), Patrick Hall and Gedeon McKinney (Season 5). This series is available exclusively through Wal-Mart and ITunes.

Since their appearances on the show, Volume 1 contestants have had a variety of jobs. Jon Peter Lewis is currently working on his follow-up album to his 2006 disc "Stories From Hollywood". Ryan Starr appeared on Bravo's "Battle of the Network Reality Stars", A. J. Tabaldo has not been seen since he was eliminated however Stevie Scott has been working as a concert performer.

🎶 If any of you would like to give a listen to this first volume you can hear clips of it at the Wal-Mart site. I have heard all the tracks and I have to say this is a pretty good cd with A. J. Tabaldo being my favorite of the four on the cd. So if you have a few minutes I strongly suggest you give it a listen.

cheers to these companies for giving some opportunity to these talented artists.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Can't wait to hear Patrick Hall. I really liked him on AI and thougth he went home way to soon. To bad the votes weren't there for him because he has a great voice and not hard on the eyes either. Not Taylor but I really liked him..
Thanks concertcris for posting this. I'll keep my eyes open.

The rest I'm don't know that much about except Stevie Scott and I didnt' really care for her, thought she could do great in an Opera setting though..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 1:09 pm

:surprised: Believe it or not Sandi, she does not sing opera on this cd. She sings kind of bluesy ballads. They are not bad at all. Ryan and Jon sing with more of a rock edge.

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive 30989 I know what you mean about Patrick Hall, what a cutie and I thought he got voted off too soon also. Really looking forward to that one. Also really like Gedeon who also got voted off too soon.

Anyway, I am sure glad they are getting this chance to record. Be back later with my re-cap of tonight's show.

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive 322546
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 pm

I thought Stevie looked so out of place on AI, not sure why but to me she just didn't seem the type or something, Pretty girl for sure and I remember her having a good voice but it was opera like.

Can't wait to hear Patrick Hall thought. I googled him but didn't find much but Pat gave me a couple of links to track him down ha ha.. I'll be waiting to read your recap of the auditions. Last one right, About time..ha
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Patrick and Gedeon should have made the top 12. Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:16 pm

I so agree Angie. No, instead they put in Kevin Corvais. At least one thing went right that season and that is our Taylor won!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:20 pm

I agree with Patrick, and for me it wouldn't have mattered if Kevin or Gedeon would have been in the top 12 but which other one would NOT have been there for both of these to be there. IT would have had to have been Chris, Elliott, Bucky or Ace Taylor of course HAD to be there...
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive 820770: Well, to answer your question Sandi, I was not all that gung ho about Bucky Covington in the beginning. He actually grew on me as the show progressed so if he had been eliminated before the top 12 it would not have bothered me. True, Bucky is a real sweetheart but vocally I was not that impressed until later in the show.

However keep in mind, country music is just not my thing. In fact the only country music I might buy now is Phil Stacey's new cd from the American Idols. Two other country groups also interest me and that is Six Wire and The Clark Brothers from the show "The Next Great American Band". Another group who I think sound good is Rascal Flatts however feel alot of their music all sounds the same also. As I said before just not into the country scene that much.

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive 322546 One thing I do have to mention is I recently watched this show called "Gone Country" with some very usual contestants participating in this show. They are Diana DeGarmo, Dee Snider (he is a real jerk I think), Cisco (who became famous for singing the Thong Song), Bobby Brown (yep, Whitney's ex), Carnie Wilson (of Wilson Phillips fame), Maureen McCormick (Brady Bunch) and Julio Iglesias Jr. They are learning how to become country singers. With that aside I am getting a kick out of the show as some of these people just do not fit the mold.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:21 pm

concertcris wrote:

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive 322546 One thing I do have to mention is I recently watched this show called "Gone Country" with some very usual contestants participating in this show. They are Diana DeGarmo, Dee Snider (he is a real jerk I think), Cisco (who became famous for singing the Thong Song), Bobby Brown (yep, Whitney's ex), Carnie Wilson (of Wilson Phillips fame), Maureen McCormick (Brady Bunch) and Julio Iglesias Jr. They are learning how to become country singers. With that aside I am getting a kick out of the show as some of these people just do not fit the mold.

I am getting a kick out of the show as well. It should be interesting to see what these guys can do in the country music scene.

I agree with you that Dee Snider is a real jerk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Hey Angie, glad to know someone else is watching the show. I actually just started watching it last week but it has intrigued me to keep watching. That place they are staying in is so georgeous and John Rich seems like a real down to earth guy.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:42 pm

John really is down to earth. Rascal Flatts record a lot of Jeffery Steele's music, so it does sound a lot alike. A lot is pretty good though. Dee has been around forever, and has always displayed attitude - as lead singer for Twisted Sister and former shock-jock DJ, guess you gotta - but there's no excuse for being an idiot. And this sounds like an almost terrifying show - I might have to tune in.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm not a country fan either, It just all over and it seems all the time. Around here anyway. See for me it would have been Ace, Good voice and a very easy on the eyes, but I just never warmed up to him at all. I thought Bucky was funny and seemed so intent on what he was doing. So for me it would have been Ace and Kevin had Patrick and Gedion would have made it..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 am

:D Hello again. Just a few thoughts.

Tyg, Dee Snider does indeed act like a jerk on this show and he has already sort of a fight with Bobby Brown who seems to be drinking non-stop on this show. In fact I think the next episode shows him getting really drunk and acting like a fool. Each of these people is actually competing against each other to write the best country song and John Rich will be producing it.

Sandi, as far as Ace goes I knew from Day 1 of the top 24 he was a shoe-in because of his looks. I figured the girls would go ga-ga over him. I was not really into him that much at the beginning but again he grew on me and now I am looking forward to getting his cd this spring.

One good thing is I am so glad these people are getting this opportunity.

See ya! wiggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive   Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curtain Call - Walmart Exclusive
Page 1 of 1