Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

voting

Go down 
+2
wietzema
Taysiah
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

voting Empty
PostSubject: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 pm

are you voting this season?? why or why not?? if so who are you voting for ??
how do you think i would answers these questions??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

I started this season thinking I wouldn't be voting, but found myself really liking Asia'h and David H. I voted for them until they were voted off. Now I am not voting for anyone. I really liked these two and it's a shame they left so early.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:39 am

voting 833804 In the beginning I voted big time for David Hernandez and Asia'h Epperson as did Sandi. I also voted for Amanda Overmeyer on different weeks but not with the intensity I did for my David and Asia'h.

From the actual top 10 I only have voted for Chikezie Eze and Carly Smithson as these two were my top favorites of the 10. I do however like both of the remaining Davids but did not vote for them as I feel they have a big enough fan base to keep them on the show. Depending on how the remaining shows go I might be inclined to vote for both of the Davids.

As for your voting Mae I sort of think you have voted for Kristy. As for the others not sure at all but judging by your postings I know for a fact you have never voted for Michael Johns.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:28 pm

any else voting, not voting, have any thoughts on this
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 am

I'm not voting, no. I don't feel strongly about any of them as I did for Tay.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm

I really got into voting for David Hernandez as well as David Cook and David Archuleta. But now, even though the Davids are still two of my favorites, I've slowed down on voting. My favorites seem to be "biting the dust" one by one despite my votes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:40 am

I hear ya denib, I'm almost afraid to vote for anyone, they might be next ha.. I'm not having a lot of luck this season, first Aisa'h and then David.. Not good.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:58 am

:( I feel like you denib in a way. Seems like my 100 or so votes are not counting too well for my favorites. First Asia'h, then David, now Chikezie. In the long run seems like the "favorites" like Kristy keep staying in while others are leaving. Luckily the two remaining Davids have a big fan base so hopefully one of them will win.

I personally already know whose albums I will buy and whose I won't. Does it really matter who actually wins as long as they get contracts? Some might have to wait awhile but eventually many do garner some success. After all I have been waiting to buy music from Ace Young for two years and finally this summer he is releasing an independent album which I think might actually be the way to go in the future. Unless the Davis group are promoting their artists I do not see being with them is any blessing. Look at our wonderful Taylor and others who have been shafted by this group. Pretty sad overall.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 am

So true CC. Wow, now I can add Ace Young to my collection of music. I really liked him. Maybe going independent will shake up the music industry some when all these talented artist go out on their own. It might even be a blessing in disguise like in Taylor's situation.

You know how rumors go but there is a rumor floating around that Taylor is connecting with an award winning song writer to put some music together. IF it's true that would be fantastic. Like I said though, you know how rumors are...not always truthful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey Denib, you liked Ace? I have a DVD of all his performances if you'd like it. I bought one of all Taylors and the gal that made them sent one of Ace as well, I liked Ace but of course was not my favorite and I know I'll never watch this, If you're interested just let me know ok. It's yours

Oh I'd so love to see Taylor come out with a CD that would make AI and J Records so mad at them selfs for letting what we already know is a good thing go. It would be so so great. I've also heard a rumor sometime back that Taylor and Chris were talking as well about Taylors sophmore Cd, again just a rumor but I guess it might not be all bad, regardless of if we like or don't like Chris, His self written songs are not bad and some ever pretty good, Ok don't throw rotten eggs at me or anything ok.. :)
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:16 am

so who did you vote for tonight?? or did you even bother voting??
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:25 am

wietzema wrote:
Hey Denib, you liked Ace? I have a DVD of all his performances if you'd like it. I bought one of all Taylors and the gal that made them sent one of Ace as well, I liked Ace but of course was not my favorite and I know I'll never watch this, If you're interested just let me know ok. It's yours

Oh I'd so love to see Taylor come out with a CD that would make AI and J Records so mad at them selfs for letting what we already know is a good thing go. It would be so so great. I've also heard a rumor sometime back that Taylor and Chris were talking as well about Taylors sophmore Cd, again just a rumor but I guess it might not be all bad, regardless of if we like or don't like Chris, His self written songs are not bad and some ever pretty good, Ok don't throw rotten eggs at me or anything ok.. :)

i take it you are talking about Chris Daughtry here. voting 609889
if it was Chris Sligh that would be so too kool. He is so talented and like Taylor so under-rated.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:57 am

I voted for Brooke! Castro! and Kristy! yes shoot me now if you like but the best performances were Brooke, then Castro, then Archie. I don't have to vote for archie though, and I only voted for kristy a few times figuring she'd need the votes. She does pretty well with country though doesn't do well at all with Beatles. Not her style at all. I do hope Carly or Ramiele goes. Only one of Carly's have I ever thought was okay(the rest I thought were pretty bad IMO) And ramy seemed to be on a downward spiral 'til this week but I think most everyone(excluding Carly & Syesha here) did pretty well. Next week is Idol Gives Back and If I had to pick one to leave now I wouldn't I'd get rid of Ramy, Carly, and Syesha. Okay everyone I'm done you can point your guns and shoot now. Oh wait I have two more things to say before you shoot me. With my last breaths I would like to say....

voting 600701

&

Vote For JOLENE! wait that came out wrong VOTE FOR BROOKE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:28 am

I liked Ace myself - I bet that's a great DVD any fan would love to have in their collection. *sigh* Sadly, I don't even have Tay's performances that way.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 am

voting 322546 On this country week all my votes went to Carly who I thought did an excellent job with "Here You Come Again". I did not like the outfit but once again have to say Carly is an awesome singer. I also felt both Davids and Michael Johns gave very good performances but did not think I needed to vote for them as all have big fan bases.

Who's leaving? My vote goes to Jason or Ramiele.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 am

tygrlllie wrote:
I liked Ace myself - I bet that's a great DVD any fan would love to have in their collection. *sigh* Sadly, I don't even have Tay's performances that way.....
~tyg

Hey I have Taylors performances too ALL TAYLOR that's it on the DVD I can ask my daughter to make a copy for you if you'd like, I can also have her make a copy of Ace's if you'd like one, Just let me know.

I voted for Jason last night, Sorry geewindu, Brooke is not a favorite of mine and to me everything she sings sounds the same, David H was my favorite as you all know but thought I'd throw Jason a few votes to give him a boost and was asked to do so by a friend or I wouldn't have voted at all.

denib and tygrilllie let me know about the DVD's and I'll get them for you ok.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:16 am

I hope you are wrong CC about Jason, I have a friend that would be crushed big time if he left, But if he does at least they'll be able to see him on the tour right, sure wish I could say the same for David H
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 am

actually i not voting period. in fact for the most part i hardly watch - except to hear the guest sing on Wednesday.

And for the past four Wednesdays those guest made nearly everyone across the US wish they had and use a good set of ear plugs. I was really disappointed in Dolly's performance.

When i was watching Danny and then Brooke were my favorites. To them i wish the best.

Speaking of favorites does anyone here know if Taylor Hicks is going to have a guest spot??

Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:48 pm

I haven't heard anything about Taylor being on the show at all, but all things are possible right? It would be nice if they showed a little interest in him in some way, there are so many of the season 5 idols on this season that it's not very nice that they don't have Taylor as well.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:40 pm

more thoughts on voting -

first not voting on tuesday there is no one left worth voting for

second - how about this - only those sign up for the AI website can vote - they give you a code to lock in and you have so many votes with that code.
One, or one per contestants performing that night or 10 like on America Gots Talent. As long as everyone gets the same number of votes with their code it is all good.

third - vote for your worse - vote for the people you want to send home the most and not for the one you like the best. A reverse voting if you will.

fourth - have the votes in form of downloads/mini cds/ who ever sells the most wins it all.

fifth - in the long run the votes don't matter - because tptb decides ahead of time who the will promote and who they will stab in the back.
season 2, season 7 and most noteworthy on this point season five
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Don't think the sign in to AI would work, This show depends on the Money they get for the votes along with the advertising so that would be out,.

They do not want it revieled who gets the most votes by what percentage, no way they could "make it work for them that way"

I think the voting is what it is and we'll have to live with it as is, I can not see AI changing their bread and butter for bread and catchup any time soon...JMO
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:04 pm

Quote :
third - vote for your worse - vote for the people you want to send home the most and not for the one you like the best. A reverse voting if you will.
😕 This one is especially bad as it encourages people to vote for who they think will beat there favorite and encourage people to be mean. It would leave all the boring people in the finale. Nope this is the one thing they should never do. There's already a ton of people out there that actually hate these contestants why fuel their rage?
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:12 pm

wietzema wrote:
Don't think the sign in to AI would work, This show depends on the Money they get for the votes along with the advertising so that would be out,.

They do not want it revieled who gets the most votes by what percentage, no way they could "make it work for them that way"

I think the voting is what it is and we'll have to live with it as is, I can not see AI changing their bread and butter for bread and catchup any time soon...JMO

voting is free it is a tollfree 866# - so how are they making money on voting
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:15 pm

geewindu wrote:
Quote :
😕 This one is especially bad as it encourages people to vote for who they think will beat there favorite and encourage people to be mean. It would leave all the boring people in the finale. Nope this is the one thing they should never do. There's already a ton of people out there that actually hate these contestants why fuel their rage?

in that would be different how???
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:17 pm

the code could actually be your users name - i don't know just a thought
Back to top Go down