Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Hell Of A Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Hell Of A Day Empty
PostSubject: Hell Of A Day   Hell Of A Day Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Taylor Hicks' self-penned "Hell Of A Day", from his 2005 CD
'Under The Radar', was based on an expression Taylor remembers his grandfather Earl favoring when he was little.
Often his grandfather would talk to him about how it had been a hell of a day at work, but one day Taylor realized that you could also have a hell of a day in love too, and this original tune captures that feeling.

"Hell Of A Day", being a fan favorite, was also added to 'Taylor Hicks', his 2006 Freshman CD, as an exclusive bonus track for Wal-Mart.

I can truly empathize with Grandpa Earl's use of the expression,'cause it was a hell of a day yesterday for me trying to create and publish this blog.

Absolutely nothing was working right, I spent hours upon hours, between uploading & downloading programs, only to have error messages appear when the process was finally completed!

Today, miraculously everything is working, but now blogger is acting up ... I'm beginning to feel as if I've been slammed against the wall, and that's a whole other song!

I was at Taylor's concert at The Royal Oak Theater, front row, well actually sitting on the end of the stage, when Taylor first segued from "Hell Of A Day" into "Another Brick In The Wall"!

OMG, pretty much summed the reaction we all had, it was FABULOUS, and the crowd went wild, and it was already an extremely wild crowd!

You can see from the expressions that pass across Taylor's face in the following close up video, that at times he looked a bit bewildered by the intensity of the fans.
This is an awesome video capture and one of my most treasured concert videos!
http://taylorhicksmyidol.blogspot.com/2008/04/hell-of-day.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com

Hell Of A Day
Page 1 of 1