Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Nigel Lythgoe is off "American Idol."

TMZ has learned Lythgoe, who has executive produced the show for seven seasons, has just taken himself off the program and will not return. No replacement has been named.

We're told Lythgoe felt it was time for someone else to step in. Sources say he's said privately he is "not passionate about it anymore." "A.I.'s" ratings slipped last season, and the show was getting a little boring.

We're also told Lythgoe is working on some kind of a joint venture with Simon Fuller, who created "Idol." Lythgoe wants to spend his time on "So You Think You Can Dance.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/08/04/nigel-lythgo...r-idol-wannabe/
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:35 am

Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol 833804 I saw this article this morning and being as opinionated as I am here is my two cents on it. I think the real reason he wants off the show is because in a way he likes to be seen. If you watch So You Think You Can Dance, he is a judge and seen every week to give his viewpoint about the dancers. Deep down I think he is still a performer and misses his younger days doing just that. Sure AI ratings have slipped but it still is the number #1 reality show when it is on. I have a feeling this new project he is creating will also have him being seen alot.

As for "idol" I think the judges only have contracts until 2010 so it probably will be disappearing after that. Right now I think television has too many reality shows and it is really hard to keep on top of all of them.

Anyway Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol 527840 for the info.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:24 am

HI CC..

I didn't know Nigel was a performer!! I learned something new today ha.. The one thing I've always disliked about Nigel was the way he talked bad about some on the idols and he has really no need to do that and for what purpose, I'm wondering if all his talk has just caught up with him. AI is still number one in ratings and with 2 years to go I am not to worried about it as of yet, I think someone else could do what Nigel does with little or no problem if they are in that business, and if it does end in 2010 so be it, we got Taylor from it and that's all that counts..

Regardless of what he's thinking he has confirmed that he's leaving American Idol, says that he and Simon Fuller are working on some new ventures. Read below..

Nigel confirmed that he is leaving the show. ''Due to the huge success of So You Think You Can Dance, my summer will be taken up by travels to South Africa, Australia, and Canada to work on local versions of the show,'' Lythgoe said via a statement. ''I will step back from my day-to-day producing work on American Idol and will be devoting my time to a new venture with Simon Fuller.''

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20216860,00.html
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:41 am

Topic Yeppers Sandi. Nigel actually started off his career as a dancer and appeared in some shows and movies. If you ever notice on SYTYCD, he is always "acting" out. Plus one of the dances the group did this season was choreographed by him. During the hiatus from the show he is quite involved in dance I have read.

I agree someone else could easily take his place on AI. Hopefully it will be someone fair and impartial who can recognize talent for what it is.

Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol 13092

Last edited by concertcris on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 am

Simon Cowell might do it. O happy day LOL
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:17 pm

American Idol has a good rep now and it would take something pretty awful bad to take it down and out before it's time, I think anyway. I know there have been a lot of not so nice things said about Nigel and of course Simon and I do agree with most of them, I mean they way they sometime treat the idols they do not care for is uncalled for and all BUT I also know that if it weren't for Simon Fuller, Nigel and Simon C that AI never would have happened and then no Taylor.. So as much as it pains me to say I will say Good Going to all of them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol   Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nigel Lythgoe is off American Idol
Page 1 of 1