Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?

Go down 
+5
azsoul
Angie
concertcris
Taysiah
DreamHrt
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Empty
PostSubject: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:09 pm

The transparently fictional back-story of “American Idol” requires the show to tout each season’s slate of semifinalists as “the best ever.”

The strange thing is, this year they may be right.

It’s too early to tell if we’ll get a final four as compelling as season five’s (Taylor Hicks, Katherine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry), but we certainly should surpass last season’s Battle of the Blands between Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis.

I was a little surprised to see car-dwelling Josiah Leming and Kyle Ensely, the future president, eliminated, but their exclusion is a sign that “AI” might be taking the singing part a bit more seriously this year.

Of course, a few seconds of good singing edited out of several audition performances isn’t anything like singing an entire song in front of millions of people on live television, so it’s a bit foolhardy to draw conclusion about the Top 24 already.

Which makes it a perfect assignment for the Watcher:

http://pedrowatcher.freedomblogging.com/2008/02/14/american-idol-do-we-like-the-top-24/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:11 pm

On the whole i don't think they are any better then last years group, and couldn't hold a candle to season five group.

Inspite of it being rig and fix this season.  

Anyways people do yall agree or disagree??

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:59 am

🎶 While I think several of the top 24 have already had way too much exposure which is kind of an unfair advantage to those we have not seen I do have a few favorites. However the actual performances on these upcoming shows will tell the real story I think.

Currently on my good list are in no particular order:

Asia'H Epperson
Amanda Overmeyer
Ramiele Malubay
Kady Molloy
David Hernandez
Chikezie Eze

Want to hear more from David Cook and David Archuleta since they are a maybe for me.

Will never vote for Carly Smithson, Michael Johns or Kristy Lee Cook no matter how good they do as they have been pimped too much and I do not find them all that impressive.

Most mad about Perrie Cataldo not making the top 50. Also not happy that Kyle Endsley failed to make the top 24.

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 201170 Will this be a good season, overall I would say yes but time will tell as the show progresses.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:00 am

I will never vote for those people either CC. and those people have had too much exposure already and I'm tired of hearing about Carly and we haven't even started the performance shows yet. I don't remember ever being tired of hearing about someone this early in the season.

For some reason I'm really, really hooked on Luke Menard, and I've never heard a note come out of that man's mouth. Maybe I 'feel' something good coming from him. I don't know.

I'm also mad about Perrie and Kyle. I think it would have been great to have those two in the Top 24 to see what they could do.

OH...I read somewhere that they are having theme nights for the Top 24. I don't like that idea AT ALL. With the first show theme being the 60s. I always looked forward to the top 24 and the contestants being able to sing whatever they want. Oh well...maybe their 'pimped' contestants will fail and not make it into the Top 12. Who knows.

Time will Tell. And...I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:35 am

My picks for this season are: Carly Smithson, Michael John, David Archeleta, and Asia'h Epperson. But that could possible change as the season moves on. I am keeping a very sharp eye on Michael though as I think he has what it takes to get into the final four. We'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:35 am

:D Hi all. I have to admit I am excited also for this season to start and tomorrow we get our wish. As for the theme nights for the top 24 I am not thrilled about that part of it either because I am hearing they only get to pick from about 50 songs which is very limited I think.

;) Angie have to agree that Luke Menard is a real cutie and I am interested in hearing him sing. See here is another disadvantage for some of these people. We have yet to hear from Luke, Jason Castro, Jason Yeager or Garrett Haley. All the pimping for Carly, Michael Johns and David Archuleta which has helped them already garner fans and might hurt those we have not seen. American Idol's methods really make my blood boil at times. I did go over to your site Angie and watched the video you had of Jason Castro but in all honesty I was not that impressed with him singing that song. Hoping to hear him do better on the show.

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 833804 Hey denib, you are entitled to your favorites just as we are but as for Michael Johns I will intently vote for whomever is against him just so he does not win. I do not want an idol who is a backstabber and a fraud which is why he lost his original contract. Sorry, but that is just how I feel about the whole thing.

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 295441 Needless to say I do feel overall this might be a good season as there are alot of good singers here and I can hardly wait for the real show to get started.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:51 am

🆒 No problem Concertcris. I just like his singing. Opps,I should have mentioned Luke Menard and Jason Castro too. :shock: Things could change as I've stated before. There is alot of good talent this time around so you never know. We just might get some surprising results. I certainly agree...this is going to be a good season and I'll be watching to see how things go. clap
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

I have to say that my favorite so far is Asia'h. Liked that gal. For the guys I don't have a favorite yet but there are 4 we've never seen or heard as of yet. Of course I'm not looking for a new idol Taylor will always be my favorite. And mae I agree, this bunch might be good but they'll never top season 5 JMO..
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm looking forward to this bunch as I think they are all great, but again haven't heard some of the guys at all.

Concertcris, I guess even though I usually agree with you on most things, we have to disagree on Jason C. I really liked his videos. But again...AI is a totally different venue and I hope he does well. Tomorrow we'll see who can hang

On the themes for Top 24, I don't like that idea but they are going to be able to play instruments if they want to. That I like and think they should have done a long time ago.

I've lurked at the AI boards and according to posts on the fan threads Michael has a lot and so does David A. Carly doesn't have the most of the girls as of yet.

Out of the girls I'm not so sure who I like except I really liked Asia'h in the auditions. Also, is anyone as confused as I am on telling the blonde girls apart? They all look too much alike to me. IDK maybe it's just me LOL
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:41 am

I found this article in our local newspaper:

'Idol' fans can stop whinning

Nigel wants you to calm down. It is not against "American Idol" rules for anyone to have ever had a record deal. Or to have released a record. Or to have won another TV talent contest.

Robbie Carrico was in an Orlandok, Fla. manufactured boy band, Boyz and Girlz United, that opened for Brittney Spears on a 1999 tour. Teenager David Archuleta was a "Star Search" winner at age 12. But the biggest target has been Carly Smithson, the irish belter with the sob story about her visa problems. Under her maiden name, Hennessy, she released an album in 2001, "Ultimate High", and according to one report, MCA backed its promotion with $2 million.

So what, "Idol" executive producer Nigel Lythgoe said in a conference call Friday.

"Nobody said this is an amateur competition. (That) is something people are making up for themselves." he said.

concertcris, I think you mentioned something about Carly Smithson in an earlier post. I'd love to hear everyones comments about this so fire away.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:37 pm

wow, I always thought AI was to find the undiscovered talent. Guess I was wrong again. I know that a few like Taylor had Cd's out before Idol but no one ever did with a major label and no one else was given 2.2 million plus extras to make a Cd like Carly was. Most mainly just had groups or bands that played here and there. But According to the AI site, Micheal John, Carly, Kristi Lee all had contracts and such and also according to AI Kristi Lee had a contract with (get this) Clive Davis, Now to me that a bit much. But what do I know ?? Also here is a link that was posted on AI today and believe me Carly is a hot topic over there. BIG TIME. I've been going there for 2 years and never seen this kind of posting before the 24 even perform. Check it out and see what ya all think..

http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/idol/entries/2008/02/18/218_carly_smith.html
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:48 pm

I'll be back to comment on this some more and check the link you gave when I'm done working, but wouldn't it be something if Carly got sent home right off the bat? She is generating a lot of stir and I'm just wondering if this is going to hurt her immediately.

I heard in her Top 24 interview she did mention her previous deal. I haven't watched it yet but I have it posted on my site, so it seems she's not hiding the fact she had a huge deal in the past. AI seems to be.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Over on the AI site they are making a big deal that Randy was on the board or whatever when she got that contract but then she had a different last name, I really don't think Randy would try to hid the fact that he knew who she was at the time. Now that does sound like something Clive would do though.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:11 pm

I went to the link and read about Miss Carly. All I can say is that I hope everything works out the best for her regardless of how AI does. My number one pick is Asia'h Epperson (for the girls) anyway sooo....
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm with you on that one denip I like Asia'h of all the gals. I thought she was great, and we have to wait until tomorrow night to hear the gals tonight it's the guys..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:08 pm

The boys are up tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. In my opinion, this is where the real competition begins. Battling in out to the top six.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:22 pm

OH yeah I agree and I can't wait. Let the games begin...
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:09 pm

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 609889 Denib, that statement made about the show not being for amatuers is a bunch of crap. How many times in past seasons have the producers and even Ryan Seacrest said they are bringing us the best un-tapped talent and it is up to us to make their careers a success.

That SOB is just trying to cover his butt! I like to take him out and beat the you know what out of him. I love the way this guy, his companies and now even this show think we are that stupid to buy into all this bull. Sadly most of the teenagers and even older people are that stupid and that is why this show continues to be such a ratings getter because of all the drama involved. I have noticed with each season how mean the boards get over at the AI site which is one reason I stopped posting there much except in defense of Taylor.

I am tempted to stop watching this show however there are several this season I really like and hopefully with my votes and others who vote will make a deserving "amateur" the winner.

:troll Okay, enough of my ranting but honestly this Clive Davis is on my number #1 list of people who I would like to see fail in a big way.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:04 am

You know what concertcris, after watching tonights show I really do have to agree with you. American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 399539 Thing of it is...all the fun is being taken out of this show. Where is the fun of amature competition? Everyone is "worried" about where the talent is coming from. I personally like the untapped talent that hasn't seen a stage or recording studio as in the case of Jason Castro. He performed tonight and did very well considering he was nervous and admitted it was scarry up there on stage.

As for Clive Davis, we just need to get a linch mob together and watch him hang. :death2: (just kidding) I, too, would like to see him fall flat on his face. That would so cool.

Last edited by denib on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:57 am

Look at this way, the weasel Clive is getting up there in years and he can't hold on forever right? I mean he'll have to turn over the business before to long won't he, Oh heck we'll probably all be gone or to old to care before that old fart gives up. Ok I'm ready to attend the hanging too .... Of course I'm kidding as well. Don't care for the man at all but don't want any harm to come to him, well not much anyway... :)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:19 am

Just a little bit of harm???? Pwease???????? *turns on puppy-dog eyes*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 am

Okkkkk, just a little bit just because you had to do the puppy dog eyes.. :) :)
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks for the great laugh :)

I Love Jason. I voted for him last night because I want someone with no prior deals to make it to the top. I think he can make it far. I'm really trying not to like Michael and last night I really didn't think he was the best of the night. I like that Jason was original and he took advantage of being able to play an instrument. I think he'll just grow in this competition and I'm excited to see it happen.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Angie wrote:
Thanks for the great laugh :)

I Love Jason. I voted for him last night because I want someone with no prior deals to make it to the top. I think he can make it far. I'm really trying not to like Michael and last night I really didn't think he was the best of the night. I like that Jason was original and he took advantage of being able to play an instrument. I think he'll just grow in this competition and I'm excited to see it happen.

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 399539 with you about Jason. He is the perfect example of what American Idol is suppose to be about. He got my vote along with David Hernadez and Jason Yeager. (that little touch of gray(?) is his hair was cute.) American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 322546

To me the girls have alot of talent this season. I love, love, love Joanne Borgella. clap She got my vote tonight along with Alexandrea Lushington, Asia'h Epperson and Amanda Overmyer. I like Amanda's style and had to agree with Randy when he said she had a little bluesy/scat thing going on in her style. I really liked Syesha's voice too. (her name is cool too) I think Kady Malloy, Kristy Lee Cook, Amy Davis, Alaine Whitaker and Brooke White need to be careful because they can sound the same. Not very impressed with either one of them. In my opinion, the girls have the lead. bow

As far as Clive is concerned. It scares the hell out of me that he could possibly outlive us all. It that possible? American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? 248559
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:18 am

could Clive live forever?? Hey I wouldn't doubt it one bit, he'd do it just to get under everyone skin ha....

I agree with you on the 4 girls you mentioned. But that own sure looked like Carrie Underwood didn't she? I really like Asia'h. Loved her performance and thought she did a wonderful job,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?   American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol’: Do we like the Top 24?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next