Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?

Go down 
+2
azsoul
DreamHrt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm

After reading Wonderland's account of her meet and greet with Taylor Hicks(see: http://seasonofthesoul.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/back-on-the-crack-the-soul-circus-does-grease/), I got to thinking about what I would say to him if I ever got the chance.

I'm not talking about those two seconds you get as he signs autographs, I'm thinking tables, chairs, possibly beer. You know, a relaxed, unhurried atmosphere where we could have a normal conversation. (Might as well dream big.)

In the real world, what would probably wind up happening is I'd make some feeble attempts at being funny which wouldn't quite land. (my specialty) But since we're dreaming, I'd like to think I'd be cool enough to draw him out and have an interesting exchange.

What would you say to Taylor Hicks if you could speak to him for a few minutes? Seriously. I'm not talking about the obvious, "I'm yours" kinda thing or the overly used, "I voted for you!" Is there a question you always wanted to ask him? Is there something you just want him to know?

Sit down next to him on this bench and let's hear what you'd like to say:

http://a-caryling.blogspot.com/2008/07/taylor-tuesday-can-we-talk.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 pm

I like this Jodie. I had to think about it for a minute but I came up with something I'd really like to know.

Taylor, you spent so many years on the road singing and trying desparately to get your music heard. I'd ask him, Was there ever a time when you just felt like giving up? That's it, I've had it and I can't do it anymore? I mean, there were obviously times when all you had in your pocket was a few dollars and your harmonica. People came to listen but not the right people who could get you started with your career. How does it all compare to now?

I'd want to know because as an artist I tend to want to give on drawing. I look at what I have and what's accomplished and I feel like there is nothing there to make me or anyone else happy. Did he have those same feelings? I'd set a couple bottles of beer on the table and listen with every attentive fiber of my being. Even though we are different artisically we want to reach the same goals. Make people happy with the talents that we had been blessed with. Gads, I'd want to know how he managed to get up and dust himself off and keep on going after falling off the horse so often. (so to speak) How did he manage keep so motivated? Was it as simple as the love of music? Did he rely on the Lord to keep him focused on the golden ring. WHAT, WHAT, WHAT!!! I know his book A Heart Full of Soul tells alot about his life and how he got to where he is but still, I feel there is an underlying "thing" we don't know about. I'd want to know what it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:08 pm

are you kidding me??? taylor is so handsome handsomest guy ever i would faint if i ever got to speak to him. gosh i be too nervous to say anything and just passed out on the floor.
maybe he would give me mouth to mouth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:22 am

hehehehe.......On a second thought.....your probably right. Just the thought of looking into those beautiful brown eyes.....I'd most likely stutter and faint!
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:13 am

send him a letter Deni- lol
Seriously though Deni. I am with you. I struggle hard on weather I should keep my sites up. I work so hard at not only creating them, but also trying to promote them. Still nothing. It has been a year since this place opened and I dont even have 200 members! Only about five of us acctually post.
It saddens me. I dont know why others wont come in and post. Even some of my good friends pass this place by.
I have tried to make this site just as good as the others. Keeping it updated and adding new content..
Still nothing. All the tricks I have learned through out the years on how to make a successful site have had no impact. I cant even get in the google alerts...
So yes I agree how does one keep going when there isnt anything to show for your hard work...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:18 am

Let's see. Honestly, I'd prolly ask if there was anything he wanted ME to do for HIM. He's given me so much - most especially all of you.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:16 am

Well, I for one am very thankful for your sites. I check them out everyday. And like tyg, they have given me such a wonderful circle of friends no matter how small it is. Let's just chalk it up to the fact that everyone else is missing out on some fun, great conversation and incredible amount of love of friends.

Seriously, I'd love to send him a letter if I thought for one second he would read it and respond.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:39 am

:) First of all let me address Jodi about her sites. I think this particular site is fantastic and I am on it daily. I agree you do not have a huge membership but keep in mind fans can be so fickle. Other sites I visit are also only having a few who post but for those of us who do we are completely committed and will always be there. You have an amazing talent my friend and I for one applaud your efforts.

Taylor Rocks Now for Taylor. Okay my question for him would be why he does not start his own record company and sign other "idols" who have had a bit of a rough go trying to get started in the music business. It would be my dream to see him create a show and tour featuring ex-idols like Ace Young, Anwar Robinson, Diana DeGarmo, David Hernandez, Amanda Overmeyer, Jessica Sierra, Scott Savol, Nikko Smith and the list goes on. Would many of you not like to see a array of past idols who have not been in the forefront of the music world? Sure it takes money to get going on a project like this however one thing that could compensate would be once Taylor's nightclub is in full force, he could have several of the past idols play there and I think it would be a hit for the true fans.

Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? 833804 I know how popular the current "idols" like Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jordin Sparks, etc are but frankly I get tired of hearing about them and would be truly interested in hearing and seeing some of the other wonderful talent that has graced the American idol stage.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:35 pm

concertcris wrote:
:) First of all let me address Jodi about her sites. I think this particular site is fantastic and I am on it daily. I agree you do not have a huge membership but keep in mind fans can be so fickle. Other sites I visit are also only having a few who post but for those of us who do we are completely committed and will always be there. You have an amazing talent my friend and I for one applaud your efforts.

Taylor Rocks Now for Taylor. Okay my question for him would be why he does not start his own record company and sign other "idols" who have had a bit of a rough go trying to get started in the music business. It would be my dream to see him create a show and tour featuring ex-idols like Ace Young, Anwar Robinson, Diana DeGarmo, David Hernandez, Amanda Overmeyer, Jessica Sierra, Scott Savol, Nikko Smith and the list goes on. Would many of you not like to see a array of past idols who have not been in the forefront of the music world? Sure it takes money to get going on a project like this however one thing that could compensate would be once Taylor's nightclub is in full force, he could have several of the past idols play there and I think it would be a hit for the true fans.

Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? 833804 I know how popular the current "idols" like Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jordin Sparks, etc are but frankly I get tired of hearing about them and would be truly interested in hearing and seeing some of the other wonderful talent that has graced the American idol stage.

CC, I think you've hit it right on the money. How awesome it would be to have Taylor do something like that. Fabulous concept! Totoally agree with you comment to Jodie. JODIE, you are tremendulously talented and you amaze me every time you create something new.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:11 pm

And for me, you guys are the reason I keep going! If it were not for you, even though it may be a select few compared to other site. You guys are REAL and TRUE friends. I have nothing to offer anyone except what you see before you. In other words. No Taylor, No Joni, No Bill, and no incounters with any of the above.. yet you stay loyal.. that shows me your here because of your love for Taylor and your enjoyment of the people here. What could be more real then that?
Now as for Taylor...
I agree he should start his own record company. After all he knows how hard it is to struggle even when your music is good.... I think some where deep in him, this thought is already playing out. We just have to wait until he feels its the right time to play the deck..
As for helping other Idols... im not sure if he would go that far.. legally some still have ties that bind even if we dont hear about it...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Ahhhhh Jodie, your the best. That's why I'm here. Love ya lots.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:14 pm

What would I say to Taylor if I'm ever given the chance?? First I'd have to get my tonge out of my throat ha.. Ya know the one thing I really want to know from Taylor is if he's truly happy! I mean to everyone he seems so very happy and so very content but I think we also know how he can hind his dissapointment, the twinkle in his eyes are very clear and that makes me think he is truly happy but I'd like to hear him say it. I'd also like to know what he wants to do with his future, is he still as in favor of touring and playing for his fans or has his interests been some what changed. Oh and the last thing I'd like to ask him is if he's EVER coming to South Dakota...(kidding on that one)
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:19 pm

I certainly hope he never gives up on the touring. That has always been what brings him to us.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh yes the touring is a MUST,,, That and me keeping my drivers licenses ha ha./
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Here ya there girl! Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? 675627 Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? 675627 Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? 675627
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:31 am

Driver's Licence, good point, that.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?   Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Tuesday-Can We Talk?
Page 1 of 1