Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

More Idol News - 6/23/09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

More Idol News - 6/23/09 Empty
PostSubject: More Idol News - 6/23/09   More Idol News - 6/23/09 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 am

:) Yeppers the news just keeps on happening so before I get behind with it figured I would add the latest. Here goes:

:bdaysign: Birthdays:

June 11th marks the birthday of our wonderful show American Idol. In the 8 seasons since it's airing we have come to love so many of our idols which include our adorable Taylor.

June 12th season 5's Lisa Tucker turned 20 years old. Hard to believe how time has flown since she appeared on her season at the young age of 16. Since idol, Lisa has made numerous guest appearances on several television shows which include the show "The O. C.". She has a new recording contract with the artist Ne-Yo and is currently working on a debut album. She also is working with the artist known as Bow Wow on a movie. Congrats Lisa!

Our newest idol winner Kris Allen turned 24 on June 19th. As many of you know Kris has several songs on the charts which include his coronation song "No Boundaries". Besides being on the tour this summer he will also be working on his debut album. Best wishes to him and his lovely wife Katy.

Christina Christian of season 1 also celebrated her birthday on the 19th. She is now 27 years old. On her season she made it all the way to number 6 before being voted off however since idol she has been one busy lady. She was signed immediately and has recorded with numerous artists. She has written many songs and traveled the world and is currently working on a solo album. She made several guest appearances on television which include C.S.I., MTV and the E channel. She married in 2004 and became a new mom to son Caden in 2006. She models also and does have several of her songs on her MySpace page. I would give them a listen as they are quite good. Continued success to this talented gal.

Our very own Paula Abdul turned 48 years old also on the 19th. No need to list the successful career this talented lady has had as we know she is definitely an international artist and celebrity. However I will add that she is planning on releasing a new album this fall which will include the song she performed on this season called "I'm Just here For The Music". We love you Paula and best wishes!

Scott MacIntyre just celebrated his 24th birthday on June 22nd. Scott showed us his wonderful talent despite his handicap of being blind. Currently Scott is preparing for the AI tour which kicks off on July 5th. Much success to you Scott in your future.

More Idol News - 6/23/09 322546 New Happenings:

Season 7"s Carly Smithson has joined a new band called "The Fallen". Also she had several offers of a solo recording contract but she has decided this is how she wants her career to go. Surprisely her band consists of the group once known as "Evanscence" which then had lead singer Amy Lee who has gone solo. Brian Moody who founded the original group heard Carly sing during the AI tour of the season and knew she was right as this new group's lead singer. The rest of the band consists of Rocky Gray and John LeCompt who were also with the original band. Joining them is new band member Marty O'Brian. The band will be touring this year and plan to release a new single sometime this month. Way to go Carly!

Bo Bice of season 4 is expecting his third child with wife Caroline. They already have two sons: Caleb who is 9 months and Aiden who is three and a half. Since idol Bo has released 2 albums and is constantly touring. On August 14th he will open for Lynyrd Skynyrd on their tour. Congrats on the new addition and continued success to this talented guy!

Many of our idols are nominated for the Teen Choice Awards which airs on August 10th. They include Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell, Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, David Cook, David Archuleta, Carrie Underwood and also the show American Idol. Congrats to all the nominees.

It appears that a compliation cd will be released next Tuesday, the 30th of this season contestants. They used to do this for the first 5 seasons of American Idol but for some reason did not do it for seasons 6 and 7 which was a shame I think. I have seen the tracks for the new release and it features some of some of our best performances by this year's group of season 8. I know for sure I will be getting it so check it out if interested on the 30th.

One last note: Today is the official release of the new debut album of Michael Johns. I must now close as I am off to buy it. So hope you all are having a great day and until next time take care my friends.

More Idol News - 6/23/09 396979

Last edited by concertcris on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

More Idol News - 6/23/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Idol News - 6/23/09   More Idol News - 6/23/09 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Happy Birthday to all the Idols who celebrated birthdays this month. Boy, I wish I had looked as good as Paula when I turned 48. LOL

I'm excited about the Cd with the season 8 contestants on it, CC. Thank you for the heads up on that one. Yay!!

Glad everyone is doing well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

More Idol News - 6/23/09
Page 1 of 1