Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Girls - 3/9/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Girls - 3/9/10 Empty
PostSubject: The Girls - 3/9/10   The Girls - 3/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 am

The Girls - 3/9/10 201170 Hello all. Lots of instruments are used tonight although I felt this was also kind of a sleepy night of performances. Our shows starts off with Ryan naming each girl in the order they will be performing. We are reminded that each has a dream, each will be fighting for a place in the top 12 and it is ladies night. Welcome to American Idol.

The Girls - 3/9/10 57823 We get a quick intro to our judges with one cute moment as Ellen is kissing Simon on the cheek or nuzzling his neck, whatever! Ryan asks what is going on? Ellen mentions she forgot the show was on (sure Ellen). Regardless we only have a quick hour so the judges get in their proper seats and off we go.

lol! The Performances:

Katie Stevens is up first doing the Kelly Clarkson hit "Breakaway". I feel this young girl has a great voice but tonight she once again seemed to have difficulty singing in her lower register at least to my ears. I think she did the song okay overall but she definitely played it safe with no real handle making it her own. Randy felt it paled in comparision to the original. Ellen liked the song choice but she did not think Katie showed any real personality or feeling. Both Simon and Kara agreed that they just can not figure out who she is as an artist even though they like her voice. Personally I think they are putting too much into this thought process because I do think with the right songs this girl could be pop or country. My grade: B

The Girls - 3/9/10 839840 Our next girl I thought was awesome singing the 1964 hit by The Animals called "House of The Rising Sun". Starting off acapella she shows her lovely, soulful tone. I also felt Siobhan Magnus made it her own even when the band starting playing to back her up. This performance actually gave me chills. Randy likes that she takes risks and calls it hot. Ellen knows that house in New Orleans she jokes but seriously found the performance spectacular. Kara calls her unique, loved the acapella beginning and really likes it. Simon is the only downer by calling it weird, boring and dark. Get your ears cleaned out Simon! My grade: A

The Girls - 3/9/10 299357 Lacey Brown does have an unusual voice I think. Tonight she sings "I Was Made For You" by Brandi Carlile. She sang it okay but overall I found this performance just boring. I passed her brief time on the stage by doing doodles on paper. Randy agrees with the boredom but does think this was the best performance they have seen from her. Ellen agrees and likes the song choice. Kara thinks she sings effortlessly and feels she is back in the competition. Simon did not love it but thought she sang it well enough. My grade: B

The Girls - 3/9/10 951557 I like Katelyn Epperly's voice but I think she may have made a mistake performing Carole King's "I Feel The Earth Move" while playing the keyboards. It basically had no "wow" factor even though she sang it well. Randy likes her look but also felt no connection. Ellen on the other hand liked it. Kara feels like she was just going through the motions. Simon likes her hair but feels the song choice was a mistake. My grade: B

The Girls - 3/9/10 833804 Another sleepy performance as Didi Benami plays guitar while singing "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac. She gives it kind of a folk song vibe I thought but overall I was just bored with it. Randy also feels no wow moment but thought she was better this week. Ellen the nut calls it a lovely performance. Kara goes overboard by calling it one of her favorite performances of the season. Simon agrees with Kara. It must be me because I got nothing from this. My grade: B

The Girls - 3/9/10 76735 I think Paige Miles might be headed home this week as she gives us a very flat performance of the song "Smile" written by Charlie Chaplin. While I think she "felt" this song overall it was just bland. For Randy it also did not work as he too calls it flat. Ellen thought it was too sad and heavy. Kara agrees it was all wrong. Simon did not like the arrangement and thought it was a bad song choice. My grade: B-

The Girls - 3/9/10 820770 Crystal Bowersox is playing the electric guitar as she sings "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman. I thought she started a little rough in the first few notes but as the song progressed she showed why she should be in the top 12. I loved her bluesy vibe to one of my favorite songs. Randy loved it. Ellen needs to find better words to describe Crystal other than amazing. Kara thinks she is the one to beat which Simon agrees with. Simon adds he is glad she is showing more confidence. My grade: B+

The Girls - 3/9/10 412302 Lilly Scott is playing the mandolin as she performs "I Fall To Pieces" by the great Patsy Cline. My only opinion of this one was I did not like it at all plus I thought she was pitchy throughout. I was surprised that Randy said well done. Ellen also loves her voice and originality. Kara thought she made Patsy more current with her rendition. Simon calls her brave but saw no wow factor. I must be on a different planet or something I guess. My grade: C

The Girls - 3/9/10 396952 As mentioned earlier this was a sleepy night however my two shining moments came from Siobhan Magnus and Crystal Bowersox who are the only two I voted for. I mentioned I thought Paige Miles might be in danger of leaving and I will stick with that. As far as who else should go it really up in the air I think but I will choose Lacey Brown to leave. Tomorrow night we get another quick hour with the guys and as usual I will be back with my comments.

I welcome your thoughts as I now bid you The Girls - 3/9/10 296366
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Girls - 3/9/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Girls - 3/9/10   The Girls - 3/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:30 pm

The Girls - 3/9/10 839840 LOL....again, we are seemingly on the same page this week CC. My two favorites performances last night were Crystal Bowersox and Siobhan Magnus. Everyone else was....BORING!!

Katie Stevens - I agree. With the right song choices this young lady could very well be a pop artist. She needs to find out what she really wants out of this competition and go for it. Otherwise its.....adios amigo.

The Girls - 3/9/10 406210 Siobhan Magnus - No need to repeat myself here. She's was incredible.

Lacy Brown - I liked Lacy's audition but for some reason she just isn't wowing me like I hoped she would. IMO, all of her performances have been alittle off.

Katelyn Epperly - Another yawner.

DiDi Benami - I'm not liking this girls voice at all. Last week and last night she was sounding way too much like Megan Joy from season 8. And I'm definately NOT a fan of Megan's.

Paige Miles - CC, I agree with you 100% about Paige. The song choice was all wrong, the performance was all wrong. I think this is her last week as well.

woo hoo Crystal Bowersox - When I heard she was going to sing some Tracy Chapman I was excited. Then Ryan mentioned which song she would be performing, Give Me One More Reason. My thought was...."She had better nail this because Give Me One More Reason is my favorite Tracy Chapman song". "If not, I'll be sorely disappointed". AND SHE DID IT!!! OMG, I was so thrilled to hear how well she pulled this off. IMO, Crystal is the girl to beat.

sidenote: This is definately a song I can hear Taylor singing. It's got the right amount of soul. It's jazzy, blusey....all the right elements for Taylor to sing it perfectly. The Girls - 3/9/10 600701

Lily Scott - I'm not a fan of Patsy Cline so this song choice did nothing for me. However, I did like Lily's voice and her performance. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Girls - 3/9/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Girls - 3/9/10   The Girls - 3/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Deni, you are so right about Taylor singing the Tracy Chapman song. I own all of Tracy's music and "Give Me One Reason" is my top favorite from her also. Crystal did an excellent job overall. I was totally wowed by Siobhan.

Well, tonight are the guys and hopefully it is not another snoozefest. People are really losing interest in this show this season I think. Sad!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Girls - 3/9/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Girls - 3/9/10   The Girls - 3/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 pm

I know. I don't understand how Ryan can say this season has the best talent yet. (maybe he needs his ears cleaned) As I think back on the last eight seasons....Season 5 and Season 8 had the best talent to grace the Idol stage so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

The Girls - 3/9/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Girls - 3/9/10   The Girls - 3/9/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Girls - 3/9/10
Page 1 of 1