Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

How does the American Idol wildcard show work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jakson

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-29

How does the American Idol wildcard show work? Empty
PostSubject: How does the American Idol wildcard show work?   How does the American Idol wildcard show work? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:59 am

I read that the 4th place vote-getter gets into the wildcard show. (why didn't they announce this person on the show instead of telling everyone they were going home.) The other singers are judges choices and the total number of participants may be 10, 11 or 12.

This is where I'm confused. Does American vote or do the judges determine the best singers for those final 3 slots based on their performance in this show?

Why is American Idol being so vague about the wildcard show?

concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: How does the American Idol wildcard show work?   How does the American Idol wildcard show work? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:07 am

Hello Jakson you must be new to this forum, welcome.

That particular season how they did the top 12 was 9 of the contestants were voted on by the public while the other remaining 3 seats that make up the top 12 were actually decided by the judges. In order to be fair several of the eliminated contestants of the top 36 were brought back to once again compete for the public and judges pick. The judges however did actually pick 4 contestants instead of 3 which is why Anoop Desai managed to make it into the top 12. By the way, this show does not always use that wild card feature. It was not used this season.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: How does the American Idol wildcard show work?   How does the American Idol wildcard show work? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:44 am

Yes, I noticed they didn't use the wild card this season like last time. However the save was used again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How does the American Idol wildcard show work?   How does the American Idol wildcard show work? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:27 pm

the wildcard is a joke only letting three of 12 contestants go though, just so the judges can have their say. When i first heard of it i thought the wildcard would be someone that made it to the chairs in H-week, but not the voting rounds. Nothing was farther from the truth.

The show went seven seasons without the save, and needs to go away far far away. Even though the save was use to save one of my favorties this season, Micheal Lynche, i still don't like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does the American Idol wildcard show work?   How does the American Idol wildcard show work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does the American Idol wildcard show work?
Page 1 of 1