Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 Empty
PostSubject: Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11   Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 am

:) Yeppers our new season of American Idol has begun and frankly after viewing this first episode I am really excited for a number of reasons which I will discuss as we go along. Let's begin, shall we?

Our show begins with several news stories about who will be the new judges on American Idol. Ryan Seacrest then starts introducing the new panel. Randy Jackson is first introduce followed by Steven Tyler and then of course our female of the bunch Jennifer Lopez. The audience seems very excited by this new panel. The new opening has a different look with several idols being shown including those who actually did not win the title. I was excited to see our Taylor in the mix.

Over a scene of an early morning, Ryan tells us it is the dawn of a new season. It is a new era and over 125,000 contestants show up for this event and to hopefully win the title of American Idol. We then see short clips from prior winners. Ryan also tells us new dream makers will carve out our destiny on this show which is the lead-in for the new judges.

Steven Tyler who as the lead singer of Aerosmith has sold over 150 million albums worldwide. Steven adds in his short clip "that American idol is about someone who sings so good that they have won over the hearts of 40 million people". Steven took this gig because he loves music and he has certainly shown how talented he is in his career.

Jennifer Lopez can hold her own in the business. She has sold over 55 million albums to prove it and has rack up over a half a billion at the box office for her acting chops. Jennifer hopes to be compassionate as a judge.

Randy Jackson is a top producer and has worked with some of the best artists around. Keep in mind our "top dawg" was once part of the group Journey. He feels that both Steven and Jennifer will bring alot of fun and excitement to the new season.

Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 833804 Okay I know I am putting the cart before the horse but I have to comment on what I felt about the judging prowness of the new panel. For some odd reason I thought Steven Tyler might be laid back and not say much. Boy was I wrong! Not only did he give his opinion but he did it with humor plus even helped out some of the contestants by singing with them and accompanying them by banging on the desk like a drum. Jennifer Lopez turned out to be short of restraint in the beginning about hurting anyone's feelings and actually had a hard time saying no to anyone. However by the second day she got into the swing of things. Randy of course was Randy but he seemed more at ease this time around and I barely heard any of his past phrases. Looks like the judges seemed to be having a ball with many of the scenes we saw.

Our next bit of business shows us a blond girl who can not sing and will not be going to Hollywood. This leads us into our introduction to Jimmy Iovine who is the chairman of Interscope Records and will be signing the new winner. He has done albums with Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Dire Straits and U2. He has shaped the careers of such notables as No Doubt, Black-Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga to name a few. He believes in working with the artists by helping them develop their talent.

Now that we have the new team, let's get to the auditions.

lol! Our first city auditions happen on August 3rd, 2010 in the state of New Jersey. We see massive people who have come out to audition and our very own Ryan Seacrest is introduced to the crowd by our very own Constantine Maroulis of season 4. The usual pep talk to the audience and some chit-chat with the new judges. We have a new set for the auditions. Several give comments which include the contestants and the judges. Season 6 alum Rachel Zevita from New York is now 22 years old and has decided to try out again (she did make it to Hollywood that season but was cut the first day). Jennifer remembers her from that season. Singing the song "Hallelujah" in a deeper voice than her original try-out does impress the judges and she is the first off to Hollywood once again.

25 year old Caleb Hawley from New York gets some extra help from Steven as he sings (sorry I just could not think of the name of the song). He does sound good and Steven accompanies him by drumming on the desk and clapping along. I think this guy has potential and with some clean-up could do quite well. He of course is on his way west as all the judges give him his golden ticket.

Next up is 15 year old Kenzie Palmer who does musical theatre. Again I was not sure of the song but the judges seemed to like her as they give her the gold although Steven and Randy did have some reservations. For myself I found this girl to be just average overall.

No names were given as we see two girls and a guy get the yes votes.

Coming in next was Achille Lovle who is from the ivory coast. She is barely understandable as her accent is very heavy. She attempts to sing "Dress You Up In My Love" by Madonna. Sadly it is a bust and all three judges say no.

Our next contestant is a dance teacher who really likes Jennifer Lopez. This Puerto Rican girl gives us some instruction of how to dress and tease your hair to have the New Jersey look. Her name is Tiffany Rios and gets emotional looking at Jennifer which prompts Jennifer to give her a hug before she opens her jacket to show us stars on her bra-like top. She sings an original song that sounds dumb but the girl can sing. She than gets more subdued and performs "The Power of Love" by Celine Dion. As I said this girl can sing but her look leaves alot to be desired as she is not very attractive. However she impresses the judges and gets the gold.

Up next some bad singers who do not make it through. Seems Jennifer is having difficulty saying no to some of the contestants. She finally gets into the groove once she hears Melkia Wheatfall sing who reminded me so much of Butterfly McQueen from the movie "Gone With The Wind".

Our first sob story as we meet Robbie Rosen who is from Merrick, New York. He was in a wheelchair from a disease as a young child but managed to overcome this and now is healthy. He is 16 and kind of cute. Singing "Yesterday" by The Beatles he makes the judges love him and gets the gold. This kid does have potential.

Welcome back to mid-afternoon of day 1 as several tell who they want to meet the most of the judges. Steven is a big hit with the ladies. He gives several some extra love before they audition. We next see a past boy scout who has done promos for good causes. His name is Chris Cordiero who looks dressed up to go fishing as Jennifer mentions. He gives an awful rendition to the song "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. The judges are not pleased with him and he does not get the gold. I got a kick out of the way he kept snapping his fingers while he sang.

Several no's from the judges before the next contestant comes in who turns out to be Michael Perotto who burps when he is nervous. He demonstrates this before he enters the audition room to give us a bad rendition to the song "Proud Mary" by Ike and Tina Turner. Steven wants to know if Michael ate alot of paint chips when he was a child. He then wants a higher standard but Michael just starts yelling the next song. I love the failure to communicate comment from Steven. Michael directs his next comment to Randy saying he wants the truth and of course Randy tells it like it is before Michael emerges from the room saying "Ouch". Evidently Michael is not going to listen and will continue to sing.

Ashley Sullivan is a big Britney Spears fan and even carries a picture of her. She is nervous and rambles before the judges before she sings "Gimme, gimme" from the Thoroughly Modern Millie show. She does have personality but not much of a voice. She begs and cries for a chance to go to Hollywood. The judges relent and give her the gold. This girl would be great in a musical as she does have acting ability I think.

Day 2 dawns with several bad performances. Next to be shown is 16 year old Victoria Huggins from North Carolina who would be great as a commentator but as a singer she is a wash-out in my book. She slaughters the song "Midnight Train To Georgia". I really hate that song and she made me hate it more. The judges give her the gold mainly because of her sugarery sweet personality. Take it from me folks this girl will go home quickly in Hollywood.

From Kosovo our next contestant is Melinda Ademi who tells of the struggle of her family leaving that country. She is a pretty girl and does have a sweet voice. She has potential as mentioned by the judges and gets the gold.

More from day two as we see that several people spent the night waiting to get a turn. The focus then shifts to a singing waitress who works in Times Square at Ellen's Stardust Diner. Devyn Rush sings "God Bless The Child". She does a different arrangement of the song and you can tell the judges like her. Steven calls it delicious, Jennifer loves it and Randy talks about her dress first but likes her voice. They want her to work on her image as the judges vote her through to Hollywood. Was Devyn kidding when she told Ryan that she did not know who he was? Hmmm....I wonder.

Jimmy Kennedy looks odd and totally can not sing as he is rejected next.

Genise Deal has the panel singing with her on "I'm A Believer" before she too is rejected.

Yoji "pop" Asano has a unique talent as he imitates Michael Jackson. He is from Tokyo and has a heavy accent plus an odd personality to boot. He decides to perform the song he hates which is Miley Cyrus's "Party In The USA". His singing is not so good but as a dancer he is very much like Michael Jackson. He does not make it and we have to endure hearing many of the contestants singing Miley's song as a group and individually.

More baddies as we see Jaclyn Blythe, Ima Abasumoh and Rob Palmay go down in flames.

Next up is 16 year old Brielle Von Hugel who's dad overcame throat Cancer. She performs "Endless Love" and judges like her enough to send her through. However they do mention she needs work.

We see many dreams turning to tears before we meet our final contestant of this show. His name is Travis Orlando and he is a twin. He tells us of the hard life his family had to endure in the Bronx living in a shelter. Seems his dad got sick and because of that and the economy they lost their home. They are finally out of the shelter but do live paycheck to paycheck. I think this 16 year old is one cute kid. He performs "Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles and you can tell how nervous he is. Steven wants to hear another song so he then sings "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. It is obvious the judges like him and he gets the gold. I was glad on this one.

Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 322546 Final thoughts from me. I think a few of these contestants have some potential however I can not say I was wowed by any of them. I sort of feel that Hollywood brings out the best and the worst so time will tell who will become our new top 12.

Tomorrow we go to New Orleans, Lousiana. Judging from the clips looks like we are in for some craziness. So until then I must now say goodnight and wish you a great day ahead.

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11   Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:50 am

Hello CC! OMG, it's great to be reading your re-caps again. Here are some of my thoughts about our new panel of judges.
First Steven Tyler. I didn't like the idea he was going to be one of the new judges. Even though the man has an amazing voice and his career is top notch I'm not into him at all. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised at how he tackled his new position as an AI judge. I think he will add alot of humor to the judging table as he made me giggle several times. I also like the fact that he gives honest evaluations on how a contestant sings. "your range is good, you have a good ear and can hit the notes very well"
Jennifer Lopez. Although she isn't near as "goofy" as Paula was, (don't get me wrong. I loved Paula's goofiness) Jennifer looks like she's the emotional one (of course). The one who can't say no to anybody. Honestly I liked the way she did the job of being a judge.
And Randy. He seemed so much more relaxed this season. Overall, it looked like he was having so much fun with the "new crew" sitting next to him. I think this panel of judges is going to be fun on alot of different levels.
I wasn't too blown away by anyone is the New Jersey auditions either. But I did like these contestants so far. Here's my list:
Caleb Hawley
Victoria Huggins
Melinda Ademi
Tiffrany Rios (just because she is so different)
Travis Orlando
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11   Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey Deni, I am also glad AI is back on. Seems like we agree about the judges and pretty much about the contestants. I was over at the AI website to see what people were talking about and it looks like it is more favorable for the judges although there are always those few who don't like anything.

Alot depends on how the contestants do in Hollywood and I am curious who will be our top 24. I forgot to mention in my re-cap that 51 made it to Hollywood from New Jersey. That is quite alot I think as usually only about 15 to 20 usually make it.

Anyhow, be back later for tonight's re-cap of New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11   Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 am

Yep, I'm liking Steven. I think he will do justice to the judges table with that crazy humor of his.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11   Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 10 Gets Started - 1/19/11
Page 1 of 1