Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Votes Are In - 3/3/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Votes Are In - 3/3/11 Empty
PostSubject: The Votes Are In - 3/3/11   The Votes Are In - 3/3/11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 am

The Votes Are In - 3/3/11 833804 Hello all and welcome. Usually I give a lengthy account of what transpired on each show but for tonight it will be short and sweet, well......somewhat sweet.

Not being so sweet is the fact I thought tonight's show was so long, so boring and frankly I think they could have named who made it in an hour rather than the two hours they basically wasted. Why you ask? Well, there was so much filler time rather than cutting to the chase. The first hour was repeated scenes of auditions, performances, comments from the contestants and the judges. We have seen these over and over, jeesh who is directing this show I wonder.

The good news is over 40 million votes were cast over the two night period of performances.

lol! Okay, enough of this fooling around, let's find out who made it through.

First called up is Scotty McCreery and Robbie Rosen. A re-cap is given of the judges comments and then we find Scotty is part of the top 10. Robbie is not.

Next to be called is Clint Jun Gumboa, Jordan Dorsey and Jovany Barreto. Each is a no to the top 10.

Pia Toscano and Lauren Alaina are called up. Both have made it to the top 10. No surprise here for sure.

Tatynisa Wilson and Julie Zorrilla are next. Both are headed home.

Kendra Chantelle, Ashthon Jones and Karen Rodriquez are called up. Only Karen is advancing.

Tim Halperin, Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk have a turn. Both Casey and Jacob have made it. Tim is sent home.

Naima Adedapo, Thia Megia and Lauren Turner are next. Only Thia has made it.

Brett Loewenstern and Paul McDonald are called. Paul advances.

Haley Reinhart and Rachel Zevita are the last of the girls. Haley has made it and Rachel goes home.

Last are two who are roomies and friends. James Durbin and Stefano Langone. No surprise as James makes the top 10.

Now we come to the judges who have to pick the wild cards. They have decided to choose 3 guys and 3 girls to once again sing for their survival.

First is Ashthon Jones who repeats her lousy performance of "And I'm Telling You". Steven thinks she has brought it once again. Jennifer feels her passion and Randy likes her confidence. Sorry but I hated it .

Stefano Langone is next which surprised me even though I like this guy. He sings "I Need You Now" and it sounds fairly good. Randy says he anointed this moment (this is a religious song by the way). He had Jennifer shaking with emotion. Steven says he gilded the lily.

Kendra Chantelle is called up. This shocked me in a way. Anyway she sings "Georgia On My MInd". For me it was boring and her ending notes sounded like she was screeching them. Randy is the only one who speaks and he thinks she rocked it at the end. Is he nuts or what I ask?

Jovany Barreto is next. Another surprise I think. He does a Jon Secada number, sorry I can not remember the name of it. He pulls a Karen and does the song in both English and Spanish. It was just okay for me. Jennifer tells him he did all he could do in a not very positive way.

Last of the girls is Naima Adedapo. I am so disappointed they did not pick Lauren Turner. Anyhow Naima sings "For All We Know". Actually she did this pretty well. Steven is impressed and he felt it way down deep inside.

Our last guy is Robbie Rosen who does a terrible job with "Love Is The Hardest Word". Pitchy, pitchy, pitchy. Randy looked pained during the song but he throws Robbie a bone and mentions why they have liked him so much.

Now comes the moment of truth. Seems instead of 12 we will get 13 to vote on. The wild cards are Ashthon Jones, Stefano Langone (yea) and Naima Adedapo.

The Votes Are In - 3/3/11 201170 Okay final thoughts. Of the girls the only two who I care about are Pia Toscano and Haley Reinhart. I could care less about the rest of them and hope they get eliminated quickly. For me I, of course like the guys better. My faves are James Durbin, Casey Abrams, Stefano Langone and Jacob Lusk. Scotty is cute but I really do not care for country music so probably will never vote for him. Paul is a dud in my opinion.

So of the top 13 at least six picks made me happy. No clue what next week's show will involve other than Jimmy Iovine will be working with the contestants.

As for Jennifer Lopez's video "On The Floor". JLo looked great and I think the song is a good dance number however I have liked her other videos better.

I know I sound sort of down but frankly the show wore me out tonight, sorry. With that being said I now bid you good-night and wish you a great week ahead.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Votes Are In - 3/3/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Votes Are In - 3/3/11   The Votes Are In - 3/3/11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:36 am

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm eating my words. I was so glad to see that Karen Rodriguez, Haley Reinhart, Pia Toscan and Naima Adedapo. (Even if Naima is a wildcard I'm OK with that) I have to agree with the comments made about Karen's performance. I really liked that she added a spanish flair the the song which made it her song. Great job! Plus, I just like her personality. In my opinion the other girls simply have good voices that don't leave me cringing.
Of the guys....YAY....Scotty McCreery, James Durbin and Casey Abrams made it. I was lucky enough to hear James' performance posted on Facebook. I'll tell you what. This boy can sing. HOLY COW!!! Another Adam Lambert with a little Steven Tyler thrown in. It was freakin' incredible. Casey has such a sweet and fun personality which is what drew me to him. And the voice isn't bad either. Scotty could become another "Carrie Underwood" if he plays his cards right. Scotty and Haley could give American Idol a little country this season. In my opinion, that's refreshing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

The Votes Are In - 3/3/11
Page 1 of 1