Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 322546 Hi gang. Yeppers it is another dread Thursday for our contestants. Our show is starting off with the "Top 8 Productions" as last night we saw our group do songs from the movies. Repeat scenes are once again played from last night's show before we get to the introductions of our judges and Ryan Seacrest. Looks like Ryan was almost pulled on stage by our three judges. Great news as over 53 million votes were cast for our idols.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 451785 How good it was to see the duets with our idols once again. Our first two are Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina sing together to the Lady Antebellum song "American Honey". I did enjoy this number by these two and think in the future they should consider doing more duets together.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 201170 We now have some filler time as we see Scotty, Haley, James and Stefano made up as zombies to scare our other idols who are having a picnic in the woods. The song to this Ford video is "Animal" by Neon Trees which did little to enhance the video. Seems our zombies do not care about the people but want to get into the red Ford that is shown. Corny for sure.

:sing: What a treat hearing Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams do the jazz number "Moanin" originally by Art Blakely and the Jazz Messengers way back in 1958. These two did well together and loved hearing that raw edge that Haley displayed. The judges were also blown away and gave our two idols a standing ovation with good comments to boot.

lol! Now comes the first results. Scotty, Lauren, Haley and Casey are on the chopping block. First back to safety is Scotty followed by Lauren which was no surprise. Casey I'm happy to say is also safe with Haley being the first to the bottom 3.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 945178 More filler time with Rob Reiner giving our idols a pep talk regarding songs in the movies. Actually I thought his jokes were kind of funny and I have certainly appreciated alot of the movies he has directed and produced.

clap You all know I am not big into country music however I have to say I truly enjoyed the song Kelly Clarkson and Jason Aldean did tonight. The song is called "Don't You Want To Stay". Looks like Kelly is once again putting on the weight. I did like her comment regarding Casey "she thinks he is delicious". Glad to know our very first American Idol is still doing good in her career and her voice sounds as good as the first time we heard her sing.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 76735 Next up are our remaining four guys who sing "The Sounds of Silence" and "Mrs. Robinson" from the movie "The Graduate". Frankly I am not wild about the vocals when these four sing together. Apart they sound better. Now on to the results. First to safety is James Durbin which is a no-brainer as he was awesome last night. We then learn that Stefano Langone is second into the bottom 3. That leaves Jacob Lusk and Paul McDonald with Paul filling the third chair of the bottom 3.

wiggle Hey Anita Baker and Chaka Khan are in the audience tonight. Good to see these two once again.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 396952 Our last guest singer is Rhianna who has sold over 30 million albums. I loved the look of the stage and Rhianna is also looking good in her gold dress however I could do without that wild-looking hair color. Her song tonight is "California King Bed". I have liked alot of Rhianna's music in the past but this song really did not do a thing for me. She is going on tour and talks about having two sections on the stage which will hold fans. Nice touch for sure.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 930608 Now comes the moment of truth as our bottom 3 take the stage. First back to safety is Haley (the girl elimination curse is finally broken). Paul and Stefano are the bottom two and leaving tonight is Paul. I gave a big "yea" on this news as I feel he is the weakest singer of the guys. Jennifer wants to hear him sing "Maggie Mae" which he does and it is not bad but I still hear that squeakiness. We watch his journey and our show is now ending.

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 833804 So now we are down to seven and it is anyone's guess what the theme will be next week. I am glad to see my top two favorites are still in this competition but frankly I believe it will get tougher to vote off another idol next week.

I must now close this re-cap and I wish all a wonderful week ahead. Take care all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:28 am

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 584949 WooooooHooooooo - America finally got it right this time! It was nail-biting time for me, for sure. Damn, I was so happy when Ryan said Stephano was safe. No more squeakiness from Paul for the rest of the season.
I have to admit, this is the fourth time I've heard the Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson duet and I still love it. Kelly is looking so much better than she did a year ago. I hope they consider doing some more duets together as they sound absolutely fantastic. Loved seeing Rhianna again too. Not only can this girl sing but she is soooooo pretty. I have to agree with you Crystal, that song sung by Paul, James, Jacob and Stephano wasn't that good...AT ALL! They sound better solo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

i think it is sad that you take pleasure in bashing any contestant. if you don't like them that is one thing, but why be nasty about it? anyways i was kinda sad to see Paul go. And i know Sandy (witz) was. :(
Paul was her favorite this year. I bet she thinks America got it wrong. Though she will be happy for the winner no matter who wins. Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 584949
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:27 pm

First of all, I am Not bashing anybody. I think Paul is a very good looking guy with tons of personality and a killer smile. Just didn't like Paul's singing and was glad he got voted off. That's IT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elimination Thursday - 4/14/11
Page 1 of 1