Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 am

hello Well it is one day less than April Fools Day but no fooling around as the drama sets in for another elimination Thursday. Our show begins with a piano playing as these words are shown on the screen:

The world is watching
11 brilliant voices
but the risk is doubled

A fiery competition
and no more saves
tonight 2 must go
and you won't believe who is going home

I must add clips were also shown during this intro. Now we welcome our judges and Ryan to the stage. Before our top 11 appear and head for the couches we find out over 55 million votes were cast last night. Great to see this kind of support for the show.

Before we get to the results although they were inter-weaved throughout the show, I commenting on other elements that took place and grouping the results together. Here goes;

Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 322546 The Ford music video has some kind of contest going with different symbols in the actual video. I think that is how it is (you can check out all the info at AI website). The first icon is shown before we see some of our group acting like super heroes as the song "Krptonite" plays in the background. Sort of interesting this week although I did not see the icon.

Casey has a small chat with Ryan about trimming his beard and James displays a gift he got which turns out to be a WWE belt (remember James loves wrestling). Seems all our idols get lots of mail and gifts from the fans.

Kris Allen is in the audience tonight.

We get to see the rockstar lifestyle our idols are doing. First up is a recording session at Interscope, then our idols are off to a charity event which has them mingling with Reba McIntyre and Kelly Clarkson. The shining moment is them meeting and getting hugs from a spaced out Mohammad Ali. It saddens me that boxing could do this to someone. Sunday has the idols shooting the Ford music video. Sadly Sunday also shows our idols having to move out of the mansion as the roof is leaking everywhere (you would think with the money they are putting out for our idols to stay in a hotel, they could afford to fix the mansion roof). Lauren Alaina who is rushing falls down the stairs we see (wow, I bet that hurt). Monday is busy with another recording session at Interscope, getting styled up and then it is Tuesday for the rehearsals (with help from Marc Antony). Wednesday dawns with the final run-throughs and touched ups.

This week I just described was the week Casey was almost eliminated and we get repeat scenes of his save. I found it noteworthy that a doctor checked him out plus we see an emotional Casey crying before he joins the other idols backstage. Friday starts the whole process all over again but hopefully are idols are comfortable wherever they have landed.

:sing: The Guest Performances:

Fantasia is back with a new album and tonight she sings her first single which is "Collard Greens and Cornbread". I highly doubt this will be a hit but one thing I did notice is when Fantasia just sings she sounds great but sadly she has to throw in those whoops, screams and jumps which takes away I think from her true singing voice. Our Fantasia had a beautiful red dress on but looks like this "idol winner" has put on the weight. She looked like a giant next to Ryan as he has her give some advice to the contestants. Besides the dress Fantasia wore I love that bow ring she had on her hand. Another sweet moment was her telling Steven Tyler she loved him as she ended her song.

Jamie Foxx and Will.I.Am collaborated on a new song called "Hot Wings" from the soon to be released cartoon movie "Rio". I think the kids will love the movie but frankly I thought this song was terrible. The dancers however were quite good.

lol! Now for the eliminations. I really liked how they had our idols team up in groups to sing before they found out their fate.

Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery are up first and sing a duet to the song "I Told You So" by Randy Travis. Scotty sounded good on the verse but it was Lauren who really shined in the chorus. Nicely done you two! Both are safe.

Jacob Lusk and Naima Adedapo are up next to perform a duet to the Ashford and Simpson song "Solid As A Rock". I thought these two sounded pretty good together and should think about dueting in the future. I also liked their little dance moves. Jacob is safe but sadly Naima is the first to the bottom 3.

Now comes the trio of Thia Megia, Haley Reinhart and Pia Toscano. Their song is "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry. It was not bad but I think I did detect a sour note from one of these girls. I must add I really detest the music of Ms. Perry. First back to safety is Pia with Haley following her which puts young Thia in the bottom 3.

Lastly are our four guys who have a small band going outside of the show. They include Casey Abrams, James Durbin, Stefano Langone and Paul McDonald. They perform the Wings song "Band On The Run". Each of these guys sound great solo (even Paul) but as a group it was pretty bad. Casey on bass guitar is first back to safety. I have to note that I have never heard Ryan say this to a contestant but he tells Casey if he knew how many of the 55 million votes were cast for him he would be proud. All I can think of is how glad I am the fans supported this awesome talent.

James who played guitar is next to safety. Stefano played the keyboard and he too is safe. That leaves a guitar-playing Paul the last to be in the bottom 3. Finally people are recognizing that Paul is not so great after all.

Now comes the big moment on the one person who will go on next week while the other two are going home. That person who is safe is......Paul (damn). I figured Thia would go but was most sad to see Naima leave the competition. So now we are down to nine and next week I think the theme might be songs of the 80's. Not sure on this.

With tears and sadness our judges give their farewells to Thia and Naima as do the other idols. Now that another week has come and gone I must now bid you good-night and wish you a great week ahead as always.

Toodles!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 am

Paul safe again??? What the hell is going on America??? Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 555837 I would much rather endure another week with Naima or Thia than Paul. UGH! I'm just speechless right now. lips

Glad to see Casey, James, Scotty, Stephano and Pia are safe. woo hoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:22 pm

i just don't get it. Paul is just as good as the others and better then some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:24 pm

i don't think that james or scotty is that great.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 am

I was so glad to see Casey was safe as well as the others you mentioned Deni. Have to agree Paul has been lucky but on the web he does have quite a few fans which surprises me. I think next week on the elimination he will be safe as many on the web talked about voting their butts off for him. Since I feel Casey still might be in danger I know I will be voting like crazy myself.

I said this in my other post of the show Mae but I will repeat it. I am surprised you do not care for Scotty. Frankly I think he has a good chance of winning the title as his fan base is huge.

Anyway, take care you two.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Yep, Scotty's fan base is one of the biggest. On the Idol Forum on Facebook Scotty is one of the most popular contestants second only to James Durbin. He (Scotty) is adorable and I love those deep vocals of his. That's one reason I like him.

I'm with you Crystal. Will be voting my *** off for Casey next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm

he is boring, everything he does sounds the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elimination Thursday - 3/31/11
Page 1 of 1