Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 am

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 555837 All I can say about tonight's results is I am mad as hell and it is taking real effort to post but I will.

Hello all. Tonight our show starts off with each contestant standing in a beam of light. Ryan Seacrest walks behind them and says "the pressure to shine each and every week is relentless. But no matter how hard they try and no matter how much you love them, one has to go home". This is American Idol!

After our judges and Ryan take the stage, we hear from Ryan that alot of fans will be disappointed with tonight's results (that is an under-statement I think).

Cute moment follows with Ryan pointing out that Steven Tyler appeared in two magazines this week which are Rolling Stone and People. Ryan says to Steven "that the article says Steven has gone from bad boy to America's sweetheart". He questions Steven if he is a good boy now. I loved Steven's answer which was "well I am good but I am better when I'm bad".

Next to be shown is our idols got to visit the British Consulate in honor of William and Kate's wedding which takes place tomorrow. We see scenes of them meeting some important people as well as Fred Willard and feasting on fish n' chips. While the idols kind of acted like this was a joke I thought they really sure have been honored to visit this consulate and party.

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 76735 Now comes all six idols doing a medley of Carole King songs. Parts were kind of good while most of it was pretty bad I think. The songs were "It Might As Rain Until September", "Take Good Care of My Baby", "One Fine Day", "Go Away Little Girl" and lastly "It's Too Late". The only song I thought the idols did well on was the last one. Kind of sad since I really like these songs by Carole King.

Next up is the Ford music video with our idols creating a living room to the song "Our House" by Madness. I failed to see what this had to do with a car but oh well.

clap A real treat follows with Crystal Bowersox performing one of her songs "Riding With The Radio". I loved the southern rock vibe from the band (especially the harp) and of course our Crystal sounds great and actually looked quite pretty. The idols run up to hug her but in reality I was so disappointed that Ryan did not talk with her for a few minutes to let us know what she is doing. Shame on you Nigel for going for the drama moments instead.

By the way tickets go on sale for the idol tour May 13th and of course none of the locations are close to me (damn!).

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 945178 More filler moments as each contestant is asked a question.

Casey - What musician dead or alive would you like to duet with? His answer: Oscar Peterson (deceased) because he appreciates his musical genius.

Jacob - How did you discover the range of your voice? His answer: When he was six or seven years old as a choir rehearsal with his mom.

Lauren - What is the hardest thing about being on idol? Her answer: Being away from friends and family. She had to call her brother to make sure he was safe (he was) from the devastation of tornados that has recently rocked the South. I personally feel so bad for the many that lost loved ones, homes and businesses due to the tornados. Keep them in your prayers all.

Scotty - Did you have a job before idol? His answer: Yes he worked in a grocery store as well as his mom's tanning salon.

James - Were you in a band before idol? His answer: Yes, several including the one he started with Paul, Casey and Stefano.

Haley - Who is your favorite idol contestant? Her answer: Adam Lambert followed by Kelly Clarkson, Siobhan Magnus, Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox. Okay, Ryan is going on my "smack" list as he appears to be dissing our wonderful Taylor.

:sing: Before I cover the results, let's get to our other guest performer tonight. Bruno Mars has become very popular as he is cute as a button and frankly I think a pretty good singer who keeps growing on me with each song he puts out. Tonight he sings "The Lazy Song". It was kind of an up-tempo song that made me happy for some reason. I believe I will be getting his album for sure as I liked it.

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 677486 Now for the crappy results. Each is pulled up with scenes from last night plus what Jimmy Iovine thinks of each contestant right now.

Haley - Jimmy thinks she still has to find out what kind of an artist she wants to be. She feels she already knows. She is safe.

Scotty - Jimmy likes his character, strength and confidence however he feels his subtlety may put him in jeopardy. Scotty thinks he needs to bring it each week so my question is why do you perform the same practically every week? I am truly bored with this guy's performances. Scotty is asked to hang tight for now by Ryan.

Lauren - Jimmy talks about how she always focuses on the negative but thinks she has poise and could go the distance. Lauren says she is trying to work on her negative attitude. Lauren is also asked to hang tight.

Casey - Jimmy thinks Casey is a creative and great musician but needs to watch his growling so much. Casey says he has a small hole (meaning his mouth) and he just has to get out his music and agression through it. One last note: Jimmy thinks Casey is safe this week. Casey is also asked to hang tight by Ryan.

James - Jimmy does not feel James is as believable when he does heavy metal (huh?) but shines in his ballads. He adds that if James picks the right songs he could win this competition. How stupid is this remark I ask but it all boils down to the sometimes lame voters in my opinion. Regardless I am voting my fingers off for him. James is safe.

Jacob - Jimmy thinks Jacob hit the wrong dressing room with that outlandish outfit he wore last night. He also thinks being the American Idol is not just about the voice but the whole package and feels Jacob is on a banana peel to stay in the competition.

Now Ryan pulls up Jacob, Lauren, Scotty and Casey for the final results. Lauren is the first back to safety which leds us to believe that Jacob, Scotty and Casey are the bottom three although Ryan does say the votes are in random order so of course we really do not know who actually was the bottom 3.

Next to safety is Jacob and my heart sinks big time. Scotty of course is safe which means my wonderful and talented Casey is being sent home. Once again I have to say I am mad as hell! After we see Casey's journey I applaud this young man for going out with a bang. He sings "I Put A Spell On You" while he embraces and kisses the judges plus several girls in the audience. His final moments are for Haley as he finishes his song. I am wondering if she feels as much for Casey as he does for her since it is rumored they are dating. Needless to say I am sadden by the fact that Casey is now gone but I do know I will be supporting his career big time in the future.

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 833804 Well, there you have it. Now all my votes will be going to James as the other four are boring me stiff most of the time. I welcome your thoughts as I sign off. Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 396979

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Again I missed the results show. So thankfully there are you re-caps to read Crystal. Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 527840

OMG...Casey got sent home??? Nooooooooooooooo. I can't believe this crap. Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 203146 Casey has had the most entertaining and wonderful performances so far with the exception of James. OMG, OMG, OMG. I am so........ Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 555837

I'm speechless...just speechless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:11 am

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 833804 I honestly can not believe he was the worst in the votes either. However several on the idol website think his elimination may have been because the people in the South who were in those tornados could not vote because of all the damage to the telephone lines. That may be true but I basically think it is because these young people really do not "get" Casey's kind of music. Maybe the growl was a bit much but overall that is part of what made him unique when he performed.

This was indeed a shocker just like when Pia Toscano was eliminated. I am so hoping Casey gets a contract as easily as she did.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:02 am

I hope so too. I know I'll buy his cd if and when it comes out. Good luck to Casey and much success for the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11   Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elimination Thursday - 4/28/11
Page 1 of 1