Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11   Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:23 am

hello Happy Cinco De Mayo all!

Tonight's show starts off with the usual with comments, repeat clips of last night's performances plus these words:

They had one night
Two chances
To win your vote
Your choice was tougher than ever

This is American Idol!

Our usual intro to the judges and Ryan follow. Great news as our idols received over 60 million votes. Also some good news for our judges. Congrats go to Steven Tyler who has become an author regarding his life (looking forward to reading this one). Jennifer Lopez will be performing her newest release called "On The Floor" plus we get a sneak peek on her next video of "I'm Into You". I thought it was cute not to leave Randy out of the mix as Ryan mentions Randy is having a bake sale. I don't think Randy feels bad because he makes a mint in his different enterprises.

Before the idols sing we hear the top 11 will be on tour with sales starting on May 13th. I was kind of confused by this as I thought it was announced earlier this season that the top 13 would be on tour. Guess I am wrong about that one.

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 396952 The idols sing "Happy Together" and I find it amazing how bad they sound when singing together as a group. Parts of it was okay but I was wishing they would hurry up and get it over with.

Looks like another season of American Idol will be happening as Ryan mentions the first three cities auditions will be held in. Sure hope we have the same three judges as I like this group together.

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 322546 The Ford music video is next with the song "Be Yourself". We see Jacob starting it off walking down some steps. James is a juggler, Lauren is tossing cards on a board while Scotty shows off his bicycling skills. What I liked most about this clip was how that Ford parked itself without Haley steering. Technology can be so awesome at times.

Now comes some filler moments with Gordan Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen) who wants our idols to make an omelet in 10 minutes. Obviously some do not cook as Scotty asks if Gordon can teach them first. It's a no to that. Seems Jacob and Haley look worried also. James seems to be getting into it but how cute he forgets to turn on the stove. Later we see how they did with Lauren being the best of the rest. We also see more of this filler later in the show with both Lauren and Jacob taking the blind test to know what kind of food they are eating. Lauren does the best again in this category. Loved how Gordon says they will have great futures in the restaurant business as customers.

We get more filler time with our idols giving comments about how tough it is to pick a good song and clothes. They goof around some trying on some of the clothes that others have worn on the show.

clap Before I get to the results, let's talk about the guest performers. First up is Lady Antebellum who do the song "Just A Kiss". I actually liked it alot as the two males and one female blend so well as they sing. This group is country but they seemed to also have crossed over into the pop field and are successful. I have to admit I also liked their song "Need You Now" that was also a big hit for them. Just might go ahead and get their cd.

Our other performer of the night is judge J-Lo. She is teamed with Pitbull as she sings and dances to her hit "On The Floor" which has ended up #1 in 18 countries as mentioned by Randy. Again I am liking this song because it sounds like a good dance kind of song. Personally I have liked alot of music Jennifer has put out. Her sneak peek video also looks like a good one. Wonder how Marc is taking her hugging up to that hunky guy in that video.

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 930608 Results time.

First up is James who forms the first group. Jimmy Iovine is giving comments about each. Jimmy feels James did great on his rock song but feels his emotion hurt him on his second song. He reminds him he needs to keep control and says for weeks now James has been 9 and 10 on his scale but thinks he dropped to an 8 this week.

Lauren is forming the second group. Jimmy again thinks she did great on her first number but pulled back too much on her second song. He thinks her fear will keep her out of the finale and also believes she will make bottom 3 this week. Lauren looks upset on this one.

Jacob is next and Jimmy thinks he had a rough night on both songs. He thinks he lost confidence and gives him a 6 for his efforts. Jacob joins Lauren.

Haley is pulled up. Jimmy says in his opinion Haley was between a 4 and 5 in the beginning of the season which is why he suggested she take the risk of singing the Lady GaGa song. He feels she has no fear and is like a lioness. He says by all points her second song was definitely a 10. She joins James on stage.

Now comes sweet Scotty with Jimmy thinking he did incredible on his first song but did fall a bit short on his second. He also believes Scotty will have a great career whether he wins idol or not. What do you want to bet Jimmy signs this young man. Scotty has never been in the bottom 2 and will not be again tonight as he is safe. Now comes the tough part as Scotty has to choose who is the bottom 2. He refuses and Ryan takes him over to James and Haley who are also safe.

Naturally Jacob and Lauren are the bottom 2 which brings Lauren to tears. What gets me about this is so few are left on the show so anyone could easily be at the bottom. Lauren will definitely be eaten alive in this business I feel as even when it is announced that Jacob is being eliminated she continues to cry on Scotty's shoulders plus as Jacob sings his farewell song Lauren looks like a pouty brat. Honestly I hope this girl goes next week.

I applaud Jacob who stays positive on leaving the show and he does a great job singing "A House Is Not A Home" as his farewell. I do indeed think he could be the next Luther Vandross. Good luck to him!

Well another week is gone and we only have two weeks left of this season. Hard to believe for sure. I welcome your comments as I now bid you

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 296366
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11   Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:54 pm

For the first time this season I was able to watch the results show from beginning to end. I have to agree with you Crystal. I wasn't at all impressed with the group song. It sounded so off key and out of tune to me. Have the others ones sounded this bad?

Liked the Ford commercial. Everyone looked adorable and having fun.

Lady Antebellum is one of my favorite country groups. They are amazing, in my opinion. AND....what can I say about J-Lo? She is a superstar! Absolutely beautiful.

I wish Jacob all the best as well but so glad he's finally gone. Now the competetion is going to get really hairy, don't cha think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11   Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:00 pm

:) Yep Deni the group sing usually is kind of bad. Kind of a surprise since they sing so well solo.

Now that only 4 remain, it will be a tough call next week who makes top 3. I am predicting right now if Haley goes it could be Lauren and Scotty in the finale but again on the other side they could split the country vote too much. If Lauren goes as I hope she does than I think James and Scotty will be in the final two with Scotty winning. I personally want James to win it and Scotty be second but regardless I think both will do well in their careers.

Guess we will see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11   Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:08 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for either James or Scotty. But like you said, we will see how it goes. Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 930608
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11   Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elimination Thursday - 5/5/11
Page 1 of 1