Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 Empty
PostSubject: Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11   Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 833804 Hello all. Before we get to what happened on tonight's show I have to say I am none too pleased how they got to the top 12. I had assumed that once the judges picked the top 17 that the voting public would decide who made it through but no the judges again got to eliminate one of their acts with the exception of Simon who had to eliminate two from his team since he had five in his team. While I am thrilled my top four made it I really think the voters should have decided at this point of the competition. Now that I have had my rant, let's get to the show.

Steve Jones welcomes us to the show after clips were shown of how the top 17 made it. Each of our judges made comments before the opening welcome. We are reminded that the winner of this competition will get a 5 million dollar contract as well as their own Pepsi commercial.

How the show is working tonight is each of the teams will perform and then the judge will eliminate one from their group. Seems like alot of friction occurred between the judges when they gave comments on each act. Once again each act gets to say a few words before they perform. Now for the performances.

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 945178 L.A. REID - THE BOYS

Brian "Astro" Bradley is up first and performs "Jump, Jump" originally by Criss Cross however he does put some of his own words into the actual rap. To my ears it was okay but frankly I am tired of rap and this really did not excite me that much as Brian sounds like every other rap artist out there. Each of the judges however gave favorable comments and I knew for sure that L. A. would send this young man through just by his actions during the performance.

Chris Rene is performing "Love Don't Live Here Anymore". Sadly it was not Chris's best performance as I detected alot of off notes during the vocal and why on earth would L.A. pick a song like this for Chris. Dumb move I think. Each of the judges mostly commented on how he gave a spiritual and strong performance but did not care for the song choice that much. Okay I ask, what are the judges on?

Next is Philip Lomax who was a goner the minute he opened his mouth to sing the song "I'm A Believer" originally by The Monkees. Phil is a crooner and to make him step out of his comfort zone to perform this pop song was definitely not a good choice in my opinion. Each of the judges mentioned being out of his comfort zone and he had potential but I could once again tell by L.A.'s reaction he was not going to put him through.

Marcus Canty is the last of the boys and his task is the performance of "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" by Culture Club. What is this nonsense giving these contestants the wrong song to perform with the exception of Astro (talk about favortism). I do think Marcus did fairly well as his voice is wonderful but again I have seen him do better with his own genre of r&b. Regardless the judges do like it.

L.A. decides to put Brian Bradley, Chris Rene and Marcus Canty into the top 12 with Philip Lomax being eliminated. I figured this would be the result. Of these boys I think Marcus is the most talented.

wiggle PAULA ABDUL - THE GROUPS

Up first is The Stereo Hogzz who had in my opinion the best choreography of the night as they performed "Try A Little Tenderness" originally by Otis Redding. Sadly I did not think their vocals were the best. The judges however liked it and Simon complimented Paula for a job well done even though it seemed to pain him some.

Next are the two cute Brewer Boys. With guitars in hand they just sat on stools singing Hall & Oates "Rich Girl" combined with another song "Faith" by George Michael. It was not bad but in reality I just did not see alot of charisma from these two. Judging by the comments of the other judges I think they felt that way too. Paula however thought they nailed it and was proud of them.

The group Intensity performed "Footloose" combined with another song I did not know and they seemed to entertain. There are several good voices in this group (remember the judges formed this group of ten). The judges all appreciated their effort.

Last are the other formed group of four girls known as Lakoda Rayne. Their song is "Come On Eileen". While the girls really showed no special stage presence I thought their harmony was wonderful. Each of the judges were impressed with L.A. actually saying he would sign them right away. I think this girl group could be the next Spice Girls for sure.

Paula has a tough time picking her three. She decides to put through The Stereo Hogzz, Intensity and Lakoda Rayne which leaves The Brewer Boys being eliminated. The two boys were certainly not happy with the decision. Of these groups Lakoda Rayne would be my first pick overall.

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 322546 NICOLE SHERZINGER - THE OVER 30'S

Before I begin let me say this is my favorite category however I was not happy that Nicole was assigned this group and as shown in the show Simon was not either as he has some not-so-nice comments for Nicole when her four perform.

First is Dexter Haygood and his song is "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry. What on earth was Nicole thinking giving him this song? Sadly Dexter had stage presence but singing was the worst I had ever heard from him as he basically shouted the words. I felt so bad for him. L.A. thought he had found himself, Paula was confused with his lyrics and Simon thought it was weird. Nicole however loved him. I really believe Dexter should have been given an r&b number to sing but again it seems like the judges want to test their acts.

Leroy Bell is so young looking for being 60 years old. His song I think was called "Nobody Knows". He has a good voice but has a tendency to sing almost too softly in parts. It was just okay for me. The judges liked his voice but felt the song was not the best one to show his talent.

Stacy Francis is given the song "One More Try" originally by George Michael. I thought she did fairly well although I would have preferred a different song for her to sing. Each of the judges gave good comments but Simon added it was not the right song. I am hoping this one makes it into the competition.

Josh Krajcik is last to perform and his song is "Forever Young". Several different artists have done this song so not sure what version it was. One thing for sure Josh definitely has soul when he performs and I loved it. Each of the judges also gave good comments regarding his voice.

Nicole decides to keep Stacy Francis, Josh Krajcik and Leroy Bell. Eliminated is Dexter Haygood and he seems puzzled by the decision. Sadly I think this may have been Dexter's last chance to get somewhere in his career. I wish him well.

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 795426 SIMON COWELL - THE GIRLS

Have to take note that there seemed to be alot of friction between the judges about this team. Simon was kind of dumb to make the comment he did about the real performers coming on now since several of the other acts are equally as good.

Simone Battle is one beautiful girl however I could barely understand what song she was singing. She had alot of background dancers which Paula commented on and not in a good way. L.A. frankly said he did not get it and why on earth would Simon put this girl through. I sort of felt bad for Simone having to hear the rough comments from the judges although Simon thinks she has potential as a pop star. Maybe but this song certainly did not showcase any real talent.

Rachel Crow is next and gets the song "Where Did I Love Go" by The Supremes. Again not the best song choice I think but Rachel braved through it. Not her best but this girl is certainly a cutie with personality. Each of the judges comments were favorable for her.

14 year old Drew is next and I am glad she decided to drop her last name since I have a problem remembering the spelling of it. I think this young lady has a unique voice and she did fine with the song "What A Feeling" by Donna Summer. However my problem was she sang it like a ballad and I kept waiting for her to do something else except sit on a stool. Wrong song I think. The judges were very impressed though.

Tiah Tolliver is singing "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" by The Eurythymics. The background seems to border on more of a Halloween type theme as Tiah seems so fierce in the number. L. A. liked the production. Nicole felt this was more like a nightmare than sweet dreams. Paula thinks Tiah needs to work on her pitch. Simon of course defended his overall pick and had some nasty comments for both Nicole and Paula about not liking this girl. For me personally the number was just okay.

Last is Melanie Amaro who does a bang-up version of the Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing". For me and L.A. this was the best of Simon's team. Each of the other judges also gave props to Melanie for a job well done. Melanie seemed overcome with emotion during the comments.

Simon has to eliminate two from his team. He opts for Drew, Rachel Crow and surprise Melanie Amaro. Eliminated are Simone Battle and Tiah Tolliver (I am glad on this last pick). I was most impressed by Melanie of this team.

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 201170 Well the top 12 are in place and I am wondering if we are going to get the chance to vote on these final 12. I believe they are going back to their regular programming next week with the show being on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Probably need to check your local stations. My top four consist of: Stacy Francis, Josh Krajcik, Rachel Crow and Melanie Amaro. I am hoping Leroy Bell gets better songs.

I welcome your comments as I close this posting. Have a great week!

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11   Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed watching these contestants sing before the live audience: Chris Rene, Stereo Hogz, Lakota Rayne, Josh Krajcik and Rachel Crow. Was happy to see Josh and Rachel in the top 12. Didn't see the whole show so don't know how they did.

Again Crystal...many thanks for the recaps. They help keep me updated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Top 12 Revealed - 10/25/11
Page 1 of 1