Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

No One Cares, However......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

No One Cares, However...... Empty
PostSubject: No One Cares, However......   No One Cares, However...... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:20 pm

:welcome1: I get the feeling that no one is watching the show "The Next Great American Band" since no one is responding to my posts however I am not a quitter and will continue to give my re-caps as 1) I enjoy doing it and 2) I like the show. 11/2/07, here we go:

Dominic welcomes us wearing in my opinion a very ugly outfit (green army-type jacket with a t-shirt displaying what looked like a rocket going off). We are informed that 2 bands will be eliminated which was a surprise to me. He then introduces the judges with a question for each who give good answers in my opinion. I will skipped what was said.

🆒 The theme this week is the music of Elton John and Bernie Taupin. I have loved the music of this very dynamic writing team throughout the decades. Dominic gives us a brief rundown of their awesome career in the music business and my interest is definitely tweaked on wondering how some of the bands will be able to perform these cover songs.

No One Cares, However...... 248559 We then see the bands awaiting their fate in what is known as The Green Room. Some look confident while other seem worried judging by their faces and demeaner.

cheers First to be saved is Six Wire. I really like this group alot and would be interested in getting their music even though I am not big into country music. I was slightly disappointed in their original "Gotta Get Away" mainly because it was good but not great and sounded like every other band out there. This is not to take away from their vocals or music ability but just did not care for it that much. Sheila mentions that this band is consistent and made her feel like a warm blanket that was cuddley and this was definitely right on as they performed the cover "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me". My grade: Original - B-, Cover - A

No One Cares, However...... 709577 Tres Bien is up next and frankly this band baffles me somewhat. Sometimes I like them and other times ugh, ugh, ugh. Tonight was no exception. As they started doing their original "How I Feel" I immediately thought they reminded me of Paul Revere & The Raiders whose music I did like. The lead singer sang without his guitar and did a much better job overall as he inter-acted with the audience and gave a pretty good vocal. Then on the cover of "Love Lies Bleeding" they blew it as the vocals were not so good and I really did not like the song at all. Overall they were okay. My grade: Original - B, Cover - C

No One Cares, However...... 412302 The next to be saved was Franklin Bridge and I was totally letdown with both of their performances. I did like this band last week but this week was a disappointment. Their original of "Love's Fool" was all over the place as they tried to incorporate blues, rap, rock and a sub-par vocal with this song. The cover of "Philadelphia Freedom " started out nicely with a R&B flavor but after a few bars the band started rocking out and the vocals were truly awful in my opinion. Curt, the lead singer appeared very cocky with the feedback from the judges which was a wrong move in my opinion as the judges overall opinion was keep it simple. I agreed with the judges in spite of Curt's remark "The Ladies Loved It". This lady didn't! My grade:
Original - C, Cover - C-

We take a breath here as Dominic introduces a special guest which turns out to be Fifi La Rue aka The Killer Clown. In case you forgot this group tried out at the auditions and they suck big time. No One Cares, However...... 57823 My advice: Get a better "special guest" !

No One Cares, However...... 765416 Hooray, the Clark Brothers are still around and do a great job with their original "Country Time". This is another country band (I like them!) who give us originals with great hooks as shown once again with this song. The harmony of the singing and the incredible musically of the group is awesome. Singing was a little off doing the cover of "Country Comfort" but overall this was my top group of the night. They are adorable and the judges somewhat agreed. My grade: Original - A, Cover - B+

No One Cares, However...... 891965 Light of Doom are next and I must say I am constantly amazed by the lead singer Erik's vocal ability as well as the rest of the band musically. But on this night I was not impressed with their original "Light of Doom" as I really had a hard time understanding the words as Erik sang. Lots of energy was shown and you can tell this band is a big hit anyway. Their rendition of "Saturday Night" was done so much better with very good vocals and a band in spite of their youth who do rock out. John and Sheila liked them but Dicko still thinks they are nothing more than a gimmick. Sorry Dicko but the girls love them! My grade: Original - C-, Cover - B

:surprised: Last week I hated this band but surprise I was very impressed with Dot, Dot, Dot this week. When their name was annouced I cringed but lo and behold Adam toned down his antics and showed he can really sing as he performed their original "Stay". The harmony between him and Rose was so great and I actually would buy this song. Another good job was done on the cover "Your Song". John mentions that they stepped up and I agree and hopefully even though they are a rock band they will continue to show this less goofy side as displayed on the first show. My grade: B (both songs)

🍌 Cliff Wagner & The Old #7 are still in and I am glad. I like this bluegrass band and once again think they would do quite well in the country field. Before they perform their original "Little White Chapel On The Strip" they dedicate it to Britney Spears and her first hubby which I thought was cute. The thing that kind of got me about this song was it sounded so familiar. I could not put my finger on where I had heard it before but oh well. Needless to say it was done very well. Sadly, their rendition of "Honky Cat" was not so good even though the judges liked it. In my opinion this song was boring. My grade: Original - B, Cover - C

No One Cares, However...... 76735 Okay, in the beginning I really liked The Muggs but my opinion of them went down the tubes on their performances tonight. Their original "Should Have Learned My Lesson" was just okay although better then their effort of the cover "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" which turned out to be horrific. The main problem is Dan, the so-called singer who is really letting his band down I think because he will not take the advice of the judges who tell him to sing in a lower key. Dicko tells them flat out they need a 4th member and that is someone who can really sing as he calls their performance "tuneless rubbish". Dan makes the mistake by acting like the judges do not know what they are talking about and even argues with Sheila. Bad Move Dan! My grade: Original - B-, Cover - D-

:( No One Cares, However...... 957205 Rocket makes it and I am stunned. The lead singer Lauren is as bad as she was last week with her vocals which sound like a baby singing off-key. :booger: Before they are called out we see one of the girls making this gesture, GROSS! The judges actually liked their original song "Future Ex-Boyfriend" even though they do mention the problem with the singing. Personally I hated it. To make matters worse they totally screw up on the cover song of "Rocket Man" with once again the vocals of Lauren being awful. The judges try to enlighten this girl about what needs to be done in order for the band to get better but she does not listen and argues with them. My thoughts - GO HOME! My grade: D- (both songs)

No One Cares, However...... 322546 I was so happy that Denver & the Mile High Orchestra were next up especially in view of the fact I was so turned off by Rocket. I really love this group and loved them even more as they played their original "All Night" which was sort of a throwback to the Disco era. This song would be a hit I think and I for one would buy it. They attempted a more jazzy version of the cover song "I'm Still Standing" and honestly I think it was quite good as did the judges. Great job, guys! My grade: Original - A, Cover - B+

My closing thoughts are I was sorry to see that "The Likes of You" did not make the cut as I really liked their original last week and would have been interested in seeing more of them. As for "The Hatch" the lead singer showed his arrogance by saying " 300 people in Nebraska have spoken" in a sarcastic way. Honestly who cares, I was glad they were gone.

My top 3 - The Clark Brothers, Denver & The MHO, Six Wire

Who should go - Without a doubt, Rocket and The Muggs

Well gang, that is a wrap for this week. Hopefully someone on this site will give this show a nod. 🎶
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

No One Cares, However...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No One Cares, However......   No One Cares, However...... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 pm

I watched the first show and sense then haven't had the chance to watch it, I tape "Ghost Whispers" on one TV and hubby has the other, but I'll give it another go round this Friday, just to see how it goes and that way you'll know that someone took your advise and decided to watch ha ha...
Back to top Go down

No One Cares, However......
Page 1 of 1