Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista

Go down 
+2
wietzema
tishlp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Empty
PostSubject: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 7:01 pm

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003693390

This is a good one!

Quote :
2006 "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks has split with Arista, which released his self-titled major-label debut in late '06. The set has sold 699,000 units in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"Taylor is going to record on his own for the next album," says a source close to the situation, who declined further comment.

There's more, click the link. Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista 322546
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Very good, thanks for posting. It sounds like to me that he knew it was coming and that the deal was being worked on. I'm sure that maybe this was a two way deal and that Taylor will be much better off.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:19 am

I read that, and thank GOD somebody seems to have a positive spin out there.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:55 am

Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista 833804 No surprise that when you sign a contract like that it is not going to be that great other than getting the exposure once on the show. Others have been dis-satisfied also.

As far as his saying he is still hustling for gigs, I am sure that is true as the Clive Davis group did nothing to promote him. I am sure that his cd sales are more than is listed by just the U.S. standards listed. I think a lot people are disgusted by how Taylor was treated even people who do not care for him so regardless of how important the Davis group are in the music business he has lost a lot of respect. I read on an Elliott site that many people are boycotting the show and also plan on downloading favorites or buying directing from the artist site rather than buy whole cds so this could be a real shake-up for further sales of any artist.

Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista 322546 The good news of course is that Taylor will have complete control and do things his way.

Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista 600701
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:05 am

Great post concertcris, I agree, I didn't know these guys were almost forced to sign with "the lable" once they hit the top 12. I was shocked when I read that, what a bunch of crap..

As far as Taylors sales I know the sales number do not include anything that does not go through soundscan, the way I read is there are a lot of places that do not report to sound scan and I remember in an interview at one point, Taylor said he's sold over 1 million, I'm guessing he above anyone would know what his true numbers are..

It's a shame that the show might get a bad rep, because of some of it's leaders. We could miss out on a lot of great artists if that were to happen.

I've noticed though that even other Idol fans are coming to Taylor's and Rubens defense in this though, some are saying that they were treated badly and it was not fair, It touches my heart to see some of these fans post that kind of stuff, boiling it down I think we are all fans of all the idols regardless of who are favorites are and no one wants these kids treated like garbage the way these two have been.

I'll watch AI probably won't vote, but I will watch, I like the show and its to bad that fans of this show have to talk about boycotting it to get these points across,
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Taylor is going to have to work harder now. This will be all his doing. He has the ball in his court. However, that also means his fans are going to have to pull together and help him make this work! We need to figuare out ways to help promote him ourselves! Without being nasty or over zelious. I am working on a website. Hopeing that it will help get him noticed a little more. We will wait and see. I am going to try and figuare out ways to promote him more with positive sides on the internet. Lets put our heads together SP and see what ideas we can come up with to make people want to hear him!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Agreed - I seem to recall reading somewhere that the name of the game is to get that word out and keep it out there. He's right, gang. We all gotta hustle.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:27 pm

I stand ready and willing to do ANYTHING that is asked of me to help Taylor in ANYWAY.. Not only for Taylors sake but I'd love so love to shut up those that thought Taylor would go no where and be nothing. Any thing I can do to help you Jodi Please just yell. I spread his name everytime I send an email to whomever, I have a siggy on my emails and who ever gets an email from me for whatever reason see's that handsome wonderful guy at the bottom..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 am

That's it - make that humble pie, filled with crow, just tasty enough for Clive and Co. to choke on *weg*!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:08 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Taylor is going to have to work harder now. This will be all his doing. He has the ball in his court. However, that also means his fans are going to have to pull together and help him make this work! We need to figuare out ways to help promote him ourselves! Without being nasty or over zelious. I am working on a website. Hopeing that it will help get him noticed a little more. We will wait and see. I am going to try and figuare out ways to promote him more with positive sides on the internet. Lets put our heads together SP and see what ideas we can come up with to make people want to hear him!

which was the whole purpose behind 'Blowing Harp'. However without active, supporting fans in there the whole thing is a piece of crap. The ideal was to gather all the Hicks' fan together and let us be is PR. The logo however is totally awesome, thats to Ms Jodie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Mae, most people dont even know about blowing harp. I dont post only because I already have my hands full. However your allways welcome to whatever I have here. Your also welcome to advetrtise here to. It is hard to have an active group without advertisement. I advertise this site every chance I get...
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:30 pm

if they have the toolbar they know, however i need to find good places to advertise it on. i hate being a novice. oh well, live and computer and learn.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Ok so did I lose something somewhere? I have no idea what you two are talking about, Is there a nother site that this is refrence too?? As far as this site, I love it here and I "visit" a lot of different sites but find my self coming here more and more. I try to tell everyone I "meet" about this place, I have mentioned it serveral times on the board that the Soul Patrol Support Group uses and have told everyone how wonderful it is and how great Jodi has been.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Blowing harp? Huh? Okay, you say it's in the toorbar, huh? Small problem - I am NOT ALLOWED TO DL ANYTHING. So, who and what is Blowing Harp, please?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Blowing Harp is Mae's yahoo group. She formed it hopeing to being Taylors numbers up...
However advertising isnt here thing and she is haveing a hard time getting people to join...
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Ok so did I lose something somewhere? I have no idea what you two are talking about, Is there a nother site that this is refrence too?? As far as this site, I love it here and I "visit" a lot of different sites but find my self coming here more and more. I try to tell everyone I "meet" about this place, I have mentioned it serveral times on the board that the Soul Patrol Support Group uses and have told everyone how wonderful it is and how great Jodi has been.
Aww shucks girl! People will come when they feel like it. I found that out. Some people just dont belive I could have a site with such great people keeping it going! I lov yas
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:01 am

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/blowing_harp/

this is the link to blowing harp. it is still in the baby stage.
the good news is another person join. :haha:
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 am

Okay, I'll go visit you, Mae. I apologize - I hadn't heard of it. I tell you though, I like the name - original and I prize originality.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista   Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billboard article-Idol Champ Hicke Splits with Arista
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Taylor In The News-
Jump to: