Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Interesting article-I think they get it!!

Go down 
+4
DreamHrt
tishlp
tygrlllie
mandm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mandm

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Interesting article-I think they get it!! Empty
PostSubject: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:50 am

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=48380&comview=1

Most of the article.For the full article go to site.

Away from the show, those associated with “Idol” are having some major difficulties. Within two months, two former winners – Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks – and a runner-up — Katharine McPhee – were released from their record contracts.

They were dropped mostly because of their terrible sales in comparison to former “Idol” standouts. None of the three’s recent albums went platinum, something expected of “Idol” superstars. The albums of season six’s final two, Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis, have also failed in a way that people aren’t used to.

The biggest problem with these events is that the big-wigs behind the “Idol” machine are the ones who are failing, not the talent. It’s as if they don’t realize the landscape of music has changed since the show debuted. Illegal downloading is even more prevalent than it was back then, crippling sales.

The “Idol” people think that this doesn’t apply to their talent, seemingly believing that millions of votes each week equal sales. The labels refuse to re-mold their business plan and instead continuously trot out their talent as “from American Idol” and expect that to work. The thing is, it doesn’t. Not all of the winners’ styles fit the classic “Idol” mold and the labels should have recognized that and promoted them differently.

“Idol” needs to do three important things to improve: re-focus on the people competing on the show — because that’s what people get invested in — and attempt new marketing strategies that will get people to buy the music. Also, the show’s marketers should understand that dreadful sales are not just an “Idol” thing and should be more patient with their talent. If they don’t do something, “Idol” will be dead soon enough, and all people will ever remember is Sanjaya.[b]
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:59 am

Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Someone out there DOES get it! Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey PTB - you listening?????????
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:42 am

There are more and more articles like this popping up. I believe the public is put off by the record companies handling of Ruben, Katherine and Taylor, not just their fans.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Whoo Hoo! Thanks for posting!!!!
Great artile. Yes I do belive this seems to be the general publics view on this whole thing!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:37 am

Yes!!!!!! *punches fist in the air* The sheep are getting woke up!!!!!!!!! *passes out No Doz to the masses*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:28 pm

I am so happy that some of the media is finally "getting it" I could see a turn in the way they were starting to treat Taylor a while back, it was like "Wow, what is going, How can a winner of this show be as bad as they ( the show) is portaying him." Of course now this is just my thinking of course, but I noticed that articles were starting to come to Taylor defense instead of always knocking him down, and when it started happening with others they got the big picture.. ABOUT TIME>...
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:34 am

clap Great article and thanks for posting it. I truly agree with all that was said. I mean some of the people like Carrie Underwood would have huge sales only because the country folks are very loyal and probably the biggest group of fans overall. I can not say why so many bought Daughtry's but then it might be because he was heavily promoted.

Our dear Taylor did not even get to make a video which sucked. The same could be said for Blake Lewis in a way because he has all but fallen off the charts and even Jordin is not doing that well although she is number #1 on VH1 charting. Of course, Bo Bice was screwed over also since they basically tried to make him a pop singer and he was not that at all. Sure wish the powers that be would wake up and handle their people in a fair and just manner.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:40 pm

when i click on the link to read the article it came up say,
Story does not exists in our publication

i was wondering if yall could try and post that link again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
mandm

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Fantastic article - yes, as everyone said, more and more people are seeing the reality of what is going on with the music business as it relates to Idol - they really hit the nail on the head, and I believe we will see more and more articles just like this - Interesting article-I think they get it!! 316708

Thankls so much for finding this and posting it -
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:39 pm

mandm wrote:
Try this:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=48419&comview=1
Interesting article-I think they get it!! 527840
It work for me, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article-I think they get it!!   Interesting article-I think they get it!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting article-I think they get it!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Taylor In The News-
Jump to: