Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Empty
PostSubject: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past
Posted Thu. Feb 14, 4:20 PM ET by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks
American Idol is supposed to be all about giving undiscovered talent a chance. Please note I used the word "undiscovered." As in, artists who have not had record deals yet. Artists who need a show like this to GET a record deal in the first place. Artists who have not already had major labels waste millions of dollars unsuccessfully trying to mold them into next big things.

What's my point? Well, last night the visa-challenged Irish artist formerly known as Carly Hennessy--but now conveniently going under her new married name, Carly Smithson--made it into American Idol's top 24, despite having had a flop album out on MCA Records nearly seven years ago. An album that sold only hundreds of copies, despite the fact that MCA spent millions of dollars trying to promote it.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/13980/irish-idol-smithsons-secret-past
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:37 am

:tsk: I just read this article and have to agree that this is really unfair for the amateurs of this contest. I already knew the story but when I think of the others who were let go for these "professionals" is really makes me mad. I liked Kyle Endsley a lot and he lost out also I am reading a lot about Josiah Leming who also did not make it however I was not as interested in him but again he lost out and maybe would have made it if not for the professionals mentioned. Keep in mind both Michael Johns and Kristy Lee Cook have also had failed contracts.

I will not vote for any of these people regardless how good they are! Thanks for the article.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Actually i really like both Kyle and especailly Josiah.   
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:02 am

concertcris wrote:
:tsk: I just read this article and have to agree that this is really unfair for the amateurs of this contest. I already knew the story but when I think of the others who were let go for these "professionals" is really makes me mad. I liked Kyle Endsley a lot and he lost out also I am reading a lot about Josiah Leming who also did not make it however I was not as interested in him but again he lost out and maybe would have made it if not for the professionals mentioned. Keep in mind both Michael Johns and Kristy Lee Cook have also had failed contracts.

I will not vote for any of these people regardless how good they are! Thanks for the article.

I won't vote for them either, and I just might vote for the ones I know deserve to make it farther and might not because of these few people. Maybe their pimping of certain contestants will backfire on them this season. Wouldn't that be awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:16 am

Another thing...going to the Idol Forums and AI.com and reading the contestant threads....Carly does not seem to be the favorite. Unless people aren't just posting there yet. IDK

It doesn't bother me so much that she had a failed deal in the past, but what bothers me is that it seems they are hiding it. In my opinion I think all this info coming out about her is going to hurt her. Maybe not, but we'll just have to see.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:44 pm

I didn't think Carly was all that good to be honest. But now it comes out or so it's said that Kristi Lee Cook also had a contract up until sometime in 2007. As did Michael John, not sure who he had it with but on the AI boards they are saying that Kristi Lee had a contract with Asian and that Clive of course in charge of that as well. Hummmmm makes ya wonder doesn't it. I still say they are going to make sure that someone with a name get to the final and wins this year.. I sure hope I'm wrong..
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Kristy had a deal with Arista Nashville. I didn't know it was so recent though. I also heard that Randy was in charge (forget his 'title) of the record company at the time Carly was signed. Wouldn't you think that is some sort of conflict of interest with regards to both of them? I sure do. Neither one will get my vote even if they are the better singers.

I don't remember if I said it above there and I'm too lazy to look again, but I didn't think Carly was as great as the judges thought she was. She was just ok to me.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Angie, I stated that Kristi was in contract, and on the AI board they said until 2007 but they posted no link to this info or anything so not sure if it's fact or not.

I just seen on Entertainment Tonight that even the network news stations are questioning this thing with Carly. I also said above that I didn't think Carly was all that.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm

:laugh: I have a feeling that all this deceit of keeping mum about these professionals might end up biting old Clive in the butt. I think he is real gung ho about this Carly and yep I also am seeing more negative than good about this girl. Sure hope this backfires in his face!

As for Kristy Lee, I do think Clive does have some connection to Arista which I think would be a conflict of interest. I did not know about Randy's affiliation but if this is the case again another conflict.

🎶 Side note: If any of these professionals win this I am sure many are going to think including myself that the show was fixed and it is possible the show will go down the tubes for sure.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Are you sure you want to know what I think? Ok here goes, I think this show is not willing to take the chance of getting another Taylor in the winning spot, we all know how they LOVE The Cd sales and to be honest Taylor is being outsold by Chris as much as I don't like saying that it's the truth, and I honestly don't think they'll willingly take that chance again.And with Jordin selling even lses so far I think they are willing to take a gamble on this season. I've thought there was somehting up sense day one of the auditions, It's just a feeling but to me there are being to nice, like they don't really care who they put through because I think that in some ways they've got it figured out that regardless of who is voted off ONE of their chosen ones will remain and go on to win.
It's just my opinion of course and it's just a feeling, They didn't let Josiah through or Drew or Angela and I'm afraid that they were afraid that any one of these could upset their plans. I'm sorry if some don't like hearing this but it just my opinion and again just a feeling I have is all..

I really hope that Randy is totally innocent in any wrong doing, I think he is personally, I think he's to much into music to let Carly in if he remembered her, All I heard was that he was on the board of MCA at the time. That doesn't mean that he'd know every artist that passed through but with CLIVE I'd bet he would. He's such a sneak...
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 pm

I like your opinion and it makes a lot of sense to me and I find myself agreeing with you. You said that so well.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:50 am

:( Sandi, you may be right on this. I am constantly amazed at how well Chris has sold with that cd of his. Even today, people are buying it. I personally can not stand it and it is not because I do not like rock music because I do but this cd just was not that good to my way of thinking.

Exclamation As for Taylor not selling as well, keep in mind that he had practically no promotion at all. Paula even said on one of her interviews that you need the right promotion to be a success and Chris has definitely been shoved down our throats on that one. However Taylor has garnered some success because we as the Soul Patrol get our music man and will always be there for him through thick and thin. While his cd may not have sold as well from what I have heard his concerts were quite successful so that should make our Tay feel real good.

Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops 833804 As for this season coming up, I do think Clive is really hoping that one of these professionals win it however that is not a guaranteed success story either as last season I think the judges wanted a real pop person to win and were glad that Jordin and Blake were the final two. But as you can see neither is doing that well in spite of the promotion they received. It is really too bad for both of these kids but music in today's market is a series of downloads and not all cds will sell. I did buy Blake's but was not too interested in Jordin's as I only liked one song on hers.

🎶 Guess we will see what happens as this season unfolds. Personally I am very excited knowing the actual show starts tonight!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:50 pm

I really do not want to be right about this I really don't. Becasue I do like this show but if it's even possible that they are trying to do this it would take alot goodness out of it. I also had another idea on this whole subject that could be possible. (Way to much time to think I guess ha.) Anyway we all know that AI's numbers are down this season already and with the writers stike it's unusual that they would be But now that the strike is over what if just what if they are just using this to bring viewers in?? I mean nothing like a little scandle to make people want to tune in and watch right? See what I mean. But if this is true it's not fair to Carly or the others. But I don't think these guys play fair anyway. They are there for themself.

As far as Taylor I do know he recieved nothing but bashing from AI and hardly any promotion and I honestly think that's why his Cd didn't sell like it should have. Because he's a fantastic singer and I would have thought it would have done great. There I go thinking again.

I also think Clive Davis is looking for another Carrie or Kelly or even Chris, but I honestly don't see that in this bunch at least not yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks to know for sure how this all plays out.

Also on the AI board there was a thread, " Nigel Says watch for shocking elemnation on Thursday" So IF and I do say IF this is true HOW DO THEY KNOW WHO"S GOING because it's up to the voters. But this poster did not provide a link to that little bit of info so again we'll watch and see huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops   Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Irish Idol: Smithson's Secret Past.. Whoops
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: