Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology

Go down 
+2
wietzema
DreamHrt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Empty
PostSubject: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:12 pm

It all started with what I thought was an innocent joke - "Taylor Hicks? The guy can sing, but he can't ball." Little did I know my well-intended joking jab would come back to haunt me. Yes, Hicks' fans came here in droves with several people leaving comments and several more personally e-mailing me.

Other than learning this weekend that two seven-footers can shoot way outside from the post area (Tim Duncan and David Robinson during the Shooting Stars competition to lead Team San Antonio to the win), it's that you do not, I repeat, DO NOT mess with the Soul Patrol!

However, I hope that you will allow me to give you the reason why I chose Taylor Hicks for my "jokey" comment. Obviously, in the world of sports and entertainment, there is some crossover. Or rather, attempts at crossover. As an example, I will use Deion Sanders, a player I mentioned I would rank at the top if all the participants in the Celebrity Game were to be ranked. In any case, does anyone remember, "Must Be The Money"?

Yeah... pretty bad.

http://probasketball.about.com/b/2008/02/16/soul-patrol-you-have-my-apology.htm
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:12 pm

I got this in a google alert and I thought WOW... I mean gee some of this SP do get very defensive at times but I didn't see anything to bad in what he wrote before the game. But my hats off to him for this though..
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:21 pm

i also got this in a google alert. My first thought was what did the SP do now. It was great of him to put up an apology. I also don't think what he said was so bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Pat

Pat

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 pm

I liked that he gave an apology, but I did not think it was needed; he obviously meant no harm, and I told him so in a comment I left there -
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:59 am

Well, as much as I love Tay - and I do, don't doubt that - the boy needs some court skills badly. I love that we defend him and love him, but mercy - does the man poo gold? Let's face reality here...
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:28 pm

I agree tyg. I love this guy but he is human and he's not perfect but many think he is and can do no wrong. I think he'd find it funny that this guy sent an apology but very not needed..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm

I think that is placing too high a pedastal (sp?) for our baby not to help but fall from, you know? Totally wrong thing to do. He's human - drinks, swears, enjoys the company of a pretty lady on a fairly regular basis, spits, farts, burps, laughs, dances and feels. I love Tay, but I certainly do not worship Tay or want him to be any less than the beautiful, and imperfect, being that he is. I will never understand where these SPers think he isn't like everybody else, and for sure I know he don't get it. Well, all we can do is catch him should he tumble from their lofty perch and love him as he is.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 pm

He's 31 and single and a guy. Explains so much ha. Seriously I know that it really bothers a lot of the SP when anyone says anything wrong against Taylor, I do to in a way but not the normal day to day things, like drinking, swearing, etc. He is human.. enough said.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:04 pm

Ya know, I mess up plenty... and I know it. So when Tay isnt "Perfect" it just makes me realte to him and love him even more :)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:19 pm

If I wanted perfect, I'd become a nun in some convent someplace - that's perfect. I'm not perfect, and like you say, Jodie, I mess up enough to recognise that at the least about me. I don't wan Tay that way. That's the American Idol mold they tried to squeeze him into, and Lordy, I was not fond of those fake smiles and uncomfortableness I saw Tay go through regularly. Give me a genuine smile, a loud and bawdy laugh, a warm hug, a voice rough from hard whiskey and harder cigerttes, an accent to melt butter, and warm loving eyes that are as real as the day is long and I am in heaven. I so adore that boy because he embodies the our qualities I have EVER looked for in a mate. All four - he has them. Most people I meet have one or two. A couple have even had three a time or two. But all four? Exceedingly rare in my experiance. Only just a smidge of why I find Tay so compelling. If you ask, I'll tell you the four things, but just know that Tay does all four without trying. This is the reason I am so vulnerable to this man.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:17 pm

You always know how to put things in the right perspective! (sigh) and the man is untouchable... so dreams are wonderful
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 am

Dreams are all I got left. I don't believe in the reality for me. And that's okay - I have a rich, full, glorious life without somebody lying and telling me they love me. I'll cope just fine without that. I have my sisters and brothers to carry me through - here and on Legs and one or two in my real and everyday life. I am so blessed to have all of you. Nothing else compares to the love I get from you all - my friends. I love you more than I ever thought I was capable. And I know I will push you away, or I will run like the hounds of hell are nipping at my heels. Just remember to try not to let me distance myself too bad, and remember, if I take off somewhere, the world IS round. I can only run half way 'round without it turning into me running back to you.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
brootsie

brootsie

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 am

I watched the game, and enjoyed it very much. All I can say is, he did alot better than I could do, and he did it for charity knowing he wasnt the best. I didnt take offense to your comment. I did get a chuckle from it. Either way, while I was sitting on my big patooty, Taylor was running all over, and he made me smile the whole time!
and ...my love goes out to ALL Soul Patrollers!! WHOOOO!
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:31 am

ilvdorks
Im not sure who put this smile in? Penns? But I LOVE IT!!!!
Yes Taylkor is a dork and so am I... makes a great feeling!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology   Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Patrol, You Have My Apology
Page 1 of 1