Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences   Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:36 pm

From The Stuck In A Pagoda With Motoko Aotama music website, a very well stated argument about Clive Davis and his battles with Taylor and Kelly Clarkson over artistic differences which I agree with wholeheartedly. In part it reads:

Sadly, in very recent years he’s been known for butting heads with some of his artists over the content of their music in a vain quest to adult-contemporize artists more used to edgier rock and R&B material. Kelly Clarkson in particular had a very public battle with Clive over the more rock-oriented material on her album My December, during which Clive tried to bribe the singer with several million dollars in return for dropping several of the songs off of the album in favor of more bland by-the-nuumbers adult-contempoary material (wisely, she didn’t take the money), while American Idle 2006 winner Taylor Hicks reportedly blamed artistic differences with the veteran executive over his sudden decision to part company with the RCA Records Group. Granted, like most post-Clarkson Idle winners, his status as a ‘fan favorite’ may be in justifiable doubt, but when fan complaints about some of the material on his album plus his post-departure remarks about artistic differences are added together – even without throwing the Clarkson My December controversy back into the mix – it doesn’t help dissipate the image Davis has grown in recent years of an out-of-touch, potentially senile old man.

About the author of the above writing:

CJ Marsicano is a writer and musician from the Northeastern Pennsylvania area. He has written about music and pop culture for such online publications as Scoops, The Bagpipe Report, and Project X, and conducted interviews with such noteworthy musicians as Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE, The Stooges), Bif Naked, and Brendan Canty (Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Bob Mould). A musician in both the punk/alternative and electronic dance music genres, he has released an EP, WMX8, which is available exclusively on iTunes.

http://soulthing.blogspot.com/2008/03/taylor-hicks-kelly-clarkson-artistic.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences   Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 am

Hmmmm....so, it isn't just us conspiracy theorists, huh?....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences   Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:20 am

Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences 833804 In spite of Clive Davis being the big music executive I also think he may be a little out of touch also. True he had a real success story with Daughtry but I think he might have had a big success story with Taylor had he promoted him correctly. Also could have had another success had he signed Elliott Yamin.

Carrie Underwood is his biggest success but frankly I think that is because the "country folks" are the biggest genre of fans. However I do notice her second album is not selling as well as her first one not to say it might continue to sell in the future. I also think Daughtry will not do as well on a second album even though that first one (which stinks in my opinion) is still doing well.

I noticed on Billboard today that Jordin's album has moved up the charts but where the heck is Blake Lewis? Seems like he is nowhere on the charts. I think Blake's album is a lot better than Jordin's which is why I bought it. Oh well, it is hard to guess what the fickle public will go for.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences   Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:48 am

Taylor cd is awesome - and if done right would have out-sold with Daughtry's and Carrie's. And should have.

Have you heard any of the songs from Carrie's new cd. I heard two - 'So Small' is all right and All American Girl - well, yea once was enough for me.

Everything i heard from Daughtry album basically all sound the same - of course for the most part on the show everything he did sounded the same. Don't get me wrong he is a good singer and talent, however i just don't get the appeal about him.

And by the way that has absolutely nothing to do with me being a Taylor Hicks fan, ever if i didn't have a clue who Taylor was, i still wouldn't be a Daughtry fan. One has nothing to do with the other.

And not to offend anyone however Blake Lewis always sound of key to me. He is good at beat-boxxing, however when it comes to singing that boy can't carry a note in a bucket with a lid and handle. And his performance the other week on idol - was amazing. Amazing in the since that my ears didn't chop themself off and buried themself so their couldn't hear him sing.

As far Jordin that is one talented kid and both songs i have heard from her cd is actually really good. Espeacially the one with Chris Brown. My brother has the cd so one day i going to get him to play it so i can hear the whole thing.

Just voicing my two cents worth of opinions here.

Love, Joy, Peace and Soul Patrol Y'all.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences   Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Opinions are always welcomed. After all this is a discussion forum lol
Belive it or not, I totally agree with you on all counts. I do like some rock. However Chris, just didn't do "it" for me. I also belive he sounds the same on every song. I also feel that even though I love my rocker chick, Amanda.. she is falling into the same catagory.

I belive Blake should stick to the beat boxing.. its what he is best at.
Oh BTW I saw him on LA Ink. Its a tattoo show on TV. He got an awsume Tatt on his back :)

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences   Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks & Kelly Clarkson - Artistic Differences
Page 1 of 1