Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Odd Coincidence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Odd Coincidence Empty
PostSubject: Odd Coincidence   Odd Coincidence Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:12 am

In my vast and intricate exploration of the internets, I uncovered something of an odd coincidence.

Now, mind you, I am not watching American Idol anymore, mainly because I’ve been so dern busy that I haven’t had time. Now, The Biggest Loser, Top Chef, and John Adams are all competing for my precious time and frankly, are more entertaining. However, several of you have kept me indirectly abreast of the happenings on AI.

Through such back channels, I heard that Chikezie had one of the best performance during Beatles’ Week. So, in an effort to stay up to speed, I consulted the music authority of YouTube.

When I previewed Chikezie’s performance, something was oddly familiar, so I dug a little deeper. I found that this was the first performance of the Top 12 finalists on American Idol and the new “big stage” where the bulk of the competition is held and contestants really learn how to “work” the cameras.

I must say that I loved his performance. He put a very different twist on She’s a Woman, yet it didn’t come off silly or contrived as the blondette’s Country version of Eight Days a Week. His performance was just different enough, yet remained the familiar melody we are all so acquainted with. It was evident that the judges loved it, as well. It’s here that something oddly familiar hit me.

Compare the Top 12 performance of Chikezie’s She’s A Woman to Taylor Hicks’ Season 5 Top 12 performance of Livin’ for the City and tell me that there not some very odd similarities.

http://musicmaven.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/odd-coincidence/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com

Odd Coincidence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Taylor In The News-
Jump to: